Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hello,

VIN: 1FTFW1E84MFB22571

Dealer: CURIFOR - Ford Chile

Thank you very much.
Can you send this along in a private message? We can continue our conversation there. Thanks! I also recommend you delete your previous comment, as it contains your VIN which is considered personally identifiable information (PII).
Sponsored

Maplestaple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 f150 5.4/ 2022 Tremor
Occupation
Equipment Op
2022 brand new Tremor, 600 miles on it. Same thing. Sounds like a bag of sledgehammers in the back. Now that the snow is rutted out and it’s uneven driving lanes, it sounds awful. My 2006 with 200,000miles was quieter than this suspension wise. I can’t afford to put the truck down for weeks while they “look into it”. Ugh.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
2022 brand new Tremor, 600 miles on it. Same thing. Sounds like a bag of sledgehammers in the back. Now that the snow is rutted out and it’s uneven driving lanes, it sounds awful. My 2006 with 200,000miles was quieter than this suspension wise. I can’t afford to put the truck down for weeks while they “look into it”. Ugh.
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your F-150 concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB
If you can't afford to leave it at the dealer, jack it up from the hitch, clean and lube the plastic / rubber noise isolators in the leaf springs, lower down, and check the torque of the u-bolts.. specs are on the previous page. Every leaf sprung vehicle has a number of these complaints... most are fixed with grease and a torque wrench.

Maplestaple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Op
If you can't afford to leave it at the dealer, jack it up from the hitch, clean and lube the plastic / rubber noise isolators in the leaf springs, lower down, and check the torque of the u-bolts.. specs are on the previous page. Every leaf sprung vehicle has a number of these complaints... most are fixed with grease and a torque wrench.

yeah I’ll give it a shot once the cold snap rolls over it’s a bit in the minuses here. I’ll see if I can show my service department some of these inputs and see if they can focus on the issue instead of keeping the truck so long to try to figure it out.

Sponsored

Maplestaple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Op
OK ! My issue is resolved- for now!

I have been told clunk is normal, so ok, my last f150 didn't make a peep from the springs.

Anyways, no time to waste, this took me 20 minutes to install and about 20 minutes to make!
I found some old mud flaps, about 1/4" thick. Cut them into 4" by 3" rectangles, and shoved them between top and middle spring. Truck is so damn quiet, feels like I'm inside a different vehicle, and honestly it's a relief that it wasn't something else clunking, I can deal with this easily now.

If my rubber doesn't last, I will order a set of these, seems to have awesome reviews from leaf spring clunk crowd.
https://www.spring-things.com/product/spring-thing/1

Sorry for resurrecting but, it's what solved my clunking in the back.

Last edited:

HTXF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
OK ! My issue is resolved- for now!

I have been told clunk is normal, so ok, my last f150 didn't make a peep from the springs.

Anyways, no time to waste, this took me 20 minutes to install and about 20 minutes to make!
I found some old mud flaps, about 1/4" thick. Cut them into 4" by 3" rectangles, and shoved them between top and middle spring. Truck is so damn quiet, feels like I'm inside a different vehicle, and honestly it's a relief that it wasn't something else clunking, I can deal with this now easily.

If my rubber doesn't last, I will order a set of these, seems to have awesome reviews from leaf spring clunk crowd.
https://www.spring-things.com/product/spring-thing/1

Sorry for resurrecting but, it's what solved my clunking in the back.
Do you have a video of what yours sounded like originally?

Maplestaple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Equipment Op
Do you have a video of what yours sounded like originally?
I do not. Best I can describe it is if you wrapped 2 sledgehammers in a towel and hit them together. Like a dull solid clunk. It wouldn't happen over a straight speed bump, or going straight up a drive way. You had to angle it to hear it, or if there was snow ruts that would rock the truck back and forth, it sounded so bad.

caperj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Occupation
Voip Engineer
Make sure the U Bolts are torqued properly, after doing mine it has never happened again.

Last edited:

Spooder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Electron Manufacturing
Mine too, clunking on uneven driveway, or off road, no noise on paved road or freeway. Neighbor told me to "jump up and down on it and have someone underneath and find exactly where the noise is coming from by touching all the points and feel for the vibration - you can't trust the dealer to find it". But first I tried simply pushing the side of the bed at the rear to one side and getting it to bounce/oscillate back and forth and sure enough the sounds appeared. Got underneath while my buddy rocked the truck. The noise was coming from the leaf springs. At the front and rear bushings felt nothing, as approached the axle got stronger. Then noticed the leaf springs were sliding sideways against each other ever so slightly at the end of the free spring below the bushinged spring. Also checked axle, nope. Checked play at axle to wheel, nope. Checked at the bed to frame, nope. Checked brake bracket, nope. Could not see the springs moving at the U-bolts. All in the springs, I suppose thankfully. Note that I had sprayed the whole underside, and leaf springs with Fluid Film (we have salt water flooding on our streets) and I wonder if that loosened it up since I don't remember it happening before that. Checked U-bolt torques with giant crescent wrench, could not tighten at all. Replacement U-bolts are on the way (dealer confirmed and ordered parts per the TSB), and I will pressure wash out the Fluid Film before taking it in. Next time I will spray the leafs with Chain Wax instead of Fluid Film. Oh, and given where the "C" clamp is located holding the ends of the second spring to the bushinged top spring, there is no room for me to spread the springs and insert a rubber shim. Oh, and neighbor told me U-bolts should be tightened with the springs under load (wheels on ground not otherwise supported). I'll run that by the dealer when they finally get my U bolts in (has been 4 weeks now).
Sponsored