Sponsored

ttnuagmada

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport FX4 5.0
Most of mine took a little bit of a nudge. There were a handful that were pretty bad though.

MrHat102

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired
About 90% were not seated

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, Hybrid, Dbl cab, short bed
Occupation
Retired educator
Isn't this getting to be Much A-do About Nothing already? So everybody has found that they can push their fuses in a little tighter. Has anybody noticed a change in anything since they did that? Does something work better now than it did before the snug-up?
"How could Ford do that?"
Maybe there is a reason?

OP
OP
Roady

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
Isn't this getting to be Much A-do About Nothing already? So everybody has found that they can push their fuses in a little tighter. Has anybody noticed a change in anything since they did that? Does something work better now than it did before the snug-up?
Maybe there is a reason?
I would agree that most of the observations here were just "I needed to push the fuses in a little further". While those situations were unlikely to cause any issues now or in the future, there were people like myself who had fuses (3) that definitely would have been a problem down the road. I mean they were barely making contact. Those are the people I was targeting in my post.

As far as a reason? I cannot think of any situation that would require a fuse to not be fully seated in the block. This really looks like a failure at the manufacturing level. Regardless, if this post was able to help even a couple people avoid problems in the future, it was worth it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ed21

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Xlt SCREW
Occupation
Retired
Maybe there is a reason?
Loose electrical connections heat up over time do to increased resistance at the connection and is never a good thing. Throw in getting jostled while traveling. Intermittent electrical functions are the least of the problem .How many fires have been caused by bad electrical connections.

ttnuagmada

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport FX4 5.0
Maybe there is a reason?
I think this has more to do with preventing issues down the road.

hardlyevr

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
All fuses in the underhood panel could be pushed in significantly. The fuses in the passenger compartment were snug, so obviously there was a manufacturing process difference between the two.

Thebear

First Name
Kodiak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT Sport (Hybrid 3.5L)
I had this same issue and I’m convinced it shorted out one of my trailer module fuses because when I went to look at the fuses this one (#91) basically fell out as soon as I touched it. Almost all my fuses were ridiculously loose, super frustrating I’ve never seen this before.

Sponsored

dave91gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 1991 Mustang GT 2019 Expedition
My Oct build date Lariat had several fuses not fully seated as well. Found this post ironic as my wife had a 2018 Wrangler and it was a common forum post discussion. We had the same findings on her Jeep. For what it’s worth- the 2018 F250 I traded on the F150 had fully seated fuses from the factory.

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
My September 28 built truck had most slightly out, just clicked in another hair. I don’t know that any were lose enough to affect any connections.

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
Same here for the fuse box in the engine compartment on my truck built at the end of September 2021. Every fuse but one or two were not fully seated. They all looked like they were fully seated, but when I pressed on each one they went down further.

dropp01

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 ford edge, 2020 edge ST, 2021 f-150 lariat
I too just saw this post and went out and checked all mine. not one fuse was seated, most were pretty loose. Thanks Roady
Sponsored