Like most on here- between 60-70% of mine were not fully seated
Advertisement

ttnuagmada

First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport FX4 5.0
Most of mine took a little bit of a nudge. There were a handful that were pretty bad though.

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, Hybrid, Dbl cab, short bed
Occupation
Retired educator
Isn't this getting to be Much A-do About Nothing already? So everybody has found that they can push their fuses in a little tighter. Has anybody noticed a change in anything since they did that? Does something work better now than it did before the snug-up?
"How could Ford do that?"
Maybe there is a reason?

OP
OP
Roady

Roady

First Name
Cory
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4 / 2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
Isn't this getting to be Much A-do About Nothing already? So everybody has found that they can push their fuses in a little tighter. Has anybody noticed a change in anything since they did that? Does something work better now than it did before the snug-up?
Maybe there is a reason?
I would agree that most of the observations here were just "I needed to push the fuses in a little further". While those situations were unlikely to cause any issues now or in the future, there were people like myself who had fuses (3) that definitely would have been a problem down the road. I mean they were barely making contact. Those are the people I was targeting in my post.

As far as a reason? I cannot think of any situation that would require a fuse to not be fully seated in the block. This really looks like a failure at the manufacturing level. Regardless, if this post was able to help even a couple people avoid problems in the future, it was worth it.

Last edited:

Ed21

First Name
Ed
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Maybe there is a reason?
Loose electrical connections heat up over time do to increased resistance at the connection and is never a good thing. Throw in getting jostled while traveling. Intermittent electrical functions are the least of the problem .How many fires have been caused by bad electrical connections.

ttnuagmada

First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport FX4 5.0
Maybe there is a reason?
I think this has more to do with preventing issues down the road.

Advertisement

Advertisement