Sponsored

FordTruckMan

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat SuperCab 502A, 3.5L EcoBoost.
That's a screen few have seen. You can only catch it in Fordpass during the installation of the OTA.

Screenshot_20231213_135803_FordPass.jpg
Well, it’s neat and the update was successful. This OTA system is so janky!

FordTruckMan

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm on battery number 4 in my truck, factory, two at the dealer. I then installed an H8 everstart in January of 23 and haven't had an ota install issue since. My SOC now consistently maintains 80 to 87 % all of the time. I also changed my SOC in forscan from 80 to 90%. Throw a new battery in and you won't have to think about it again.
BDD- would you recommend throwing the new battery on a charger before installing to ensure 100% before install and resetting BMS and changing SOC? Or is that unnecessary?

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
BDD- would you recommend throwing the new battery on a charger before installing to ensure 100% before install and resetting BMS and changing SOC? Or is that unnecessary?
Yes, use your noco charger and let it run its AGM process overnight or until completion.

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
That's a screen few have seen. You can only catch it in Fordpass during the installation of the OTA.

Screenshot_20231213_135803_FordPass.jpg
I wonder if it only shows up during vehicle unavailable updates or all updates.

Sponsored

Addabob64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Limited 900A
I've been lucky. My truck was built in June of 2021 and I bought it in September of 2021. In all this time, I only have 14,600 miles because I don't drive a lot due to my very short commute. Still on the OEM battery with no issues, no low voltage messages, Fordpass always works, etc.

With all that said, when it dies, I am going with an H7 minimum.
I am the same with my original ‘21 battery. It never seems to go below 80 SOC. I had one instance where I got a low battery message within about a month of purchase back in Sept-21. Since then, the only things I have changed was disabling the approach sense (so no more running board gymnastics or zone lighting activating whenever I walked by with the keys), I lock the truck immediately when I exit with the hope it will hasten the module power down process (this may not even be a valid assumption that it makes a difference), and I changed the SOC setting to 90 (default was 80) using ForSCAN. If I haven’t driven the truck for a few days, I will connect my NOCO 10 to a hard wire I ran down to the passenger side front wheel well. I have not had the same issues others are seeing, knock on wood. Mine issues have historically just been non-battery related things where OTAs were not even being scheduled for my VIN.

Like Rugedraw, I will still get the larger battery when the time comes for a replacement.

FordTruckMan

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am the same with my original ‘21 battery. It never seems to go below 80 SOC. I had one instance where I got a low battery message within about a month of purchase back in Sept-21. Since then, the only things I have changed was disabling the approach sense (so no more running board gymnastics or zone lighting activating whenever I walked by with the keys), I lock the truck immediately when I exit with the hope it will hasten the module power down process (this may not even be a valid assumption that it makes a difference), and I changed the SOC setting to 90 (default was 80) using ForSCAN. If I haven’t driven the truck for a few days, I will connect my NOCO 10 to a hard wire I ran down to the passenger side front wheel well. I have not had the same issues others are seeing, knock on wood. Mine issues have historically just been non-battery related things where OTAs were not even being scheduled for my VIN.

Like Rugedraw, I will still get the larger battery when the time comes for a replacement.
Hard wire run down the passenger wheel well? Pics or it didn’t happen 🤣🤣🤣

Addabob64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Limited 900A
Hard wire run down the passenger wheel well? Pics or it didn’t happen 🤣🤣🤣
Nothing overly fancy. I got the NOCO extension with the quick connect, hardwired it to the positive post and BCM post, and ran it straight down to the front of the wheel well. When not in use, I put the weather cap on the connector and it ticks behind the wheel well liner.

Ford F-150 Power-Up and Priority OTA History Thread (F-150, Lightning, Mach-E) IMG_6099

FordTruckMan

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nothing overly fancy. I got the NOCO extension with the quick connect, hardwired it to the positive post and BCM post, and ran it straight down to the front of the wheel well. When not in use, I put the weather cap on the connector and it ticks behind the wheel well liner.

IMG_6099.jpeg
Not fancy but functional and clean. Nice!

Sponsored

nitrobass24

Threads
Reaction score
Website
redboxplus.com
Vehicles
'21 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
Roll offs and Porta-Potties

IMG_6099.jpeg
Ahh the uptuck! 😂

CCRSOUL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Hey first time posting. My 2021 302A updated with 22-PU1009-TLC-CSM2 yesterday. Happy to report so far today driving 45min to work no issues with my quad beams DRL, high, and low beams. Just hope it stays that way. Had no idea before reading this thread ota's could brick headlights.

someday

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Antimatter Blue PB XLT High
Another 2021 302A owner here that got 22-PU1009-TLC-CSM2 last night. Maybe I can help confirm this update was okay? What should I be looking for to know if there's a problem with the headlights?

Raptorbert

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21’ Raptor
Occupation
Janitor
My gen 3 raptor 801a headlights are working fine after the latest priority update.

1FTFW1RG4MFD02571

OP
OP
rugedraw

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Another 2021 302A owner here that got 22-PU1009-TLC-CSM2 last night. Maybe I can help confirm this update was okay? What should I be looking for to know if there's a problem with the headlights?
Anything erratic from flickering to a headlight going completely dark. Everyone may be worked up over nothing......just being cautious from previous experiences.
Sponsored