Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
What’s the specs on your truck?

I’m a fully loaded 302A still looking for this type of update to add functionality.

i see ford is talking about that auxiliary camera again. Do they even offer one yet that works with our trucks ??
Yes. I am very glad that this message popped up on my truck after the 2.8.3 update. So glad that Ford messed up and spilled the beans about the trailer cams again. After their media cover up of the two wire trailer bed harness and pulling all info on the net stating that this was a feature in 2021.

I already have a complaint open with Ford due to my harness only having two wires, and I am going to request that they purchase the correct harness to resolve.

it is truly BS that they removed the nomenclature about this feature from the 2021 brochures (even though it was present on brochure material when I got my truck), even though this was like 1 of the top 10 things that influenced my 80k purchase.

Wired trailer cameras on Sync 4 screen and the promise of Bluecruise by Q2 2021, which made me buy in January of 2021.

Currently, 38,000 miles and 1.5 years on the truck and I’m finally updated to 2.8.2 and then 2.8.3 last week.

If you have two wires on the 2nd trailer connector on your 2021 F150, you will never be able to get the trailer cams to work. It has been verified that Ford used 2 wire harnesses (for yaw sensor ONLY!, because the trailer stickers didn’t work yet) under the bed going to the bumper. There is no future kit from ford that will ever make the cams work via the two wire bed harness in my current truck. It has been researched in detail by folks in the know, and the two wires on the truck are ONLY for the yaw sensor, and nothing else.

To make Trailer Cams work on 2021 F150 with 2 wires you must purchase the correct harness (with many more than two wires) which happens to be the one that came on some job 2021 trucks and most 2022 trucks.

Then go on eBay and purchase the trailer cam kit for the Ford Super Duty trucks.

Then you can finally have trailer cams on the 2021 F150.

I am requesting that Ford fix this. This was cause by their rushing things to market that weren’t ready. They were sure willing to take my money for the truck, they just didn’t deliver the truck that was on the brochure, and then they deleted all the brochures. LOL
Sponsored

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Yes. I am very glad that this message popped up on my truck after the 2.8.3 update. So glad that Ford messed up and spilled the beans about the trailer cams again. After their media cover up of the two wire trailer bed harness and pulling all info on the net stating that this was a feature in 2021.

I already have a complaint open with Ford due to my harness only having two wires, and I am going to request that they purchase the correct harness to resolve.

it is truly BS that they removed the nomenclature about this feature from the 2021 brochures (even though it was present on brochure material when I got my truck), even though this was like 1 of the top 10 things that influenced my 80k purchase.

Wired trailer cameras on Sync 4 screen and the promise of Bluecruise by Q2 2021, which made me buy in January of 2021.

Currently, 38,000 miles and 1.5 years on the truck and I’m finally updated to 2.8.2 and then 2.8.3 last week.

If you have two wires on the 2nd trailer connector on your 2021 F150, you will never be able to get the trailer cams to work. It has been verified that Ford used 2 wire harnesses (for yaw sensor ONLY!, because the trailer stickers didn’t work yet) under the bed going to the bumper. There is no future kit from ford that will ever make the cams work via the two wire bed harness in my current truck. It has been researched in detail by folks in the know, and the two wires on the truck are ONLY for the yaw sensor, and nothing else.

To make Trailer Cams work on 2021 F150 with 2 wires you must purchase the correct harness (with many more than two wires) which happens to be the one that came on some job 2021 trucks and most 2022 trucks.

Then go on eBay and purchase the trailer cam kit for the Ford Super Duty trucks.

Then you can finally have trailer cams on the 2021 F150.

I am requesting that Ford fix this. This was cause by their rushing things to market that weren’t ready. They were sure willing to take my money for the truck, they just didn’t deliver the truck that was on the brochure, and then they deleted all the brochures. LOL

I feel exactly the same you do about the trailer cams and tea PMS sensor. I need to open a complaint up as well.

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
I feel exactly the same you do about the trailer cams and tea PMS sensor. I need to open a complaint up as well.
Anyone with a 2021 F150 with 360 cams and max tow/trailer tech package (IE: 12 Pin connector with only two wires connected), and also receiving this update message about their trailer six cams should open a complaint to Ford.

I shouldn’t have to pay 150 plus labor to replace a harness under the bumper and bed of my truck, just to get something that was 100% advertised when I purchased this truck in January of 2021.

If you just got the update and message about the trailer aux cams but your trailer harness looks like this:

Ford F-150 Power-Up 2.8.2 B7690AB8-6F42-45C2-BEDA-F96BA82B36A5

Then you need to complain to Ford, because you were lied to.

Last edited:

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
You have every right to complain and definitely have a case for dispute.
But it co$t me more than that sum to fill my tank with gasoline just once.

So if/when I truly desire to have those features enabled on my truck, I can guarantee you that I will have them.

I consider myself a man of principle, so due respect to anyone that takes on the battle. But my life is too short and I am blown away everytime I climb in this otherwise extraordinary truck. The thing borders on science fiction coming true right before my eyes.

Ain't cheap though. I'll sure give you that! :)

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
Not taking away from BlueCruise which I have used about 200 miles total. BC remained on for nearly 100% of the journey so I am thrilled.

And to your point, the truck is amazing. But, I still purchased something based on the understanding that it could do something simply “plug and play”.

TrailerCam
Trailer TPMS

Sponsored

PFD664

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Crew 502a Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
I just received the 2.8.2 update last night. My truck was a 2021 Job 2 (July 2021) build.

DEEPDOWN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Tremor 402A Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Totally confused here: BlueCruise successfully activated by dealer on May 24, but still stuck on 2.7.1 whereas, according to wiki, the last of 6 updates, to enable BC was 2.8.2

2.5.2/2.8.2March 2022
  • Enabled BlueCruise hands free driving feature[19]
  • Minor updates “here and there”[20]
  • Sixth update of several to enable BlueCruise [21]

Did activation, freeze further OTA updates? Drove from Canada (401 Windsor > Montreal road works) via Detroit to Findlay OH on I75 and worked well other than eye tracking is over sensitive with sunglasses. Need to smash my noggin into the headrest, to cancel WATCH THE ROAD warning. hope I'm not damaging my unleashed headrest speakers :oops: Any thoughts on further OTA updates welcome. Do they refine BC, particularly eye tracking?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
If your truck is updated manually, by either a dealership or yourself, then the contents of the OTA updates are already present on the truck and OTA updates containing those files will not ever going be downloaded, nor will OTA records show that the truck already has the content.

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)
My truck was built in October 2021, and up until today had received no OTA updates except the BlueCruise map updates (it was set to automatically check for updates). The Sync 4 version screen showed 21223_PRODUCT, rev 197. BC, cams in motions, and Carplay info on driver dash worked fine, though.

I dropped the truck at the dealership this morning to get an oil change and the TRM and underbody insulation recalls addressed. They seem to be doing something, as the Fordpass app says the truck successfully installed 2.8.2 today. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but maybe they are updating things intentionally. I'm very curious what state the truck will be in when I pick her up. Hopefully they don't bork my glarefree lights.

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
My truck was built in October 2021, and up until today had received no OTA updates except the BlueCruise map updates (it was set to automatically check for updates). The Sync 4 version screen showed 21223_PRODUCT, rev 197. BC, cams in motions, and Carplay info on driver dash worked fine, though.

I dropped the truck at the dealership this morning to get an oil change and the TRM and underbody insulation recalls addressed. They seem to be doing something, as the Fordpass app says the truck successfully installed 2.8.2 today. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but maybe they are updating things intentionally. I'm very curious what state the truck will be in when I pick her up. Hopefully they don't bork my glarefree lights.
You have a job2 truck that came with BlueCruise activated. You have not received any Power Up OTAs so far because all of them were designed for job1 trucks to catch them up to the level of your truck.

No updates because you already have the updates. Get it?

The 2.7.x and 2.8.x series were fixes to issues with the original BlueCruise OTAs for Job1. It's possible there are minor changes made that Ford wants to distribute to all vehicles so everyone can be at the same place but there are no changes to the features you will see because 2.8.2 is the BlueCruise activation update and you already have BlueCruise.

Sponsored

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
You have a job2 truck that came with BlueCruise activated. You have not received any Power Up OTAs so far because all of them were designed for job1 trucks to catch them up to the level of your truck.

The 2.7.x and 2.8.x series were fixes to issues with the original BlueCruise OTAs for Job1. It's possible there are minor changes made that Ford wants to distribute to all vehicles so everyone can be at the same place but there are no changes to the features you will see because 2.8.2 is the BlueCruise activation update and you already have BlueCruise.
Another job 2 truck here - got 2.8.2 the other day as my first OTA. Not bluecruise equipped. Doesn’t seem to be any notable changes except that the sync status bar maybe shows more info than it did before? Not sure. I only noticed because of the update completed notification

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)

I get where you're going with that, but that's not what seems to be happening. Several of us are getting 2.8.2 on 2021 job 2 trucks, so presumably something other than job 1 catch-up code is in there. The message in Fordpass for 2.8.2 talks about changes to the structure of their OTA pushes.
Ford F-150 Power-Up 2.8.2 IMG_0105.PNG

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
I get where you're going with that, but that's not what seems to be happening. Several of us are getting 2.8.2 on 2021 job 2 trucks, so presumably something other than job 1 catch-up code is in there. The message in Fordpass for 2.8.2 talks about changes to the structure of their OTA pushes.
IMG_0105.PNG
That is exactly what I said.

Job1 early access trucks that got the 2.4.x and 2.5.x also got the updated 2.7.x and 2.8.x versions. As I said there is likely something in the updates that Ford wants on all trucks but there are no new features that anyone who is already using BlueCruise will notice.

Mxp0w3r25

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Job 2 2021 truck as well. I’ve been at version 21136 revision 134 since I picked it up in October of 2021. No updates since then even though WI-FI is connected, Auto update is checked and schedule is set. Non BC equipped. I can’t even see the Sync Version through the App or website.

EDIT: Well spoke to soon, just checked the app again and its showing a successful update for Power-Up 2.8.2 prepping it for future updates. Still didn’t change the Sync version though.

Last edited:

someday

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Antimatter Blue PB XLT High
Another 21 Job 2 without BC (302A) that got 2.8.2 yesterday (6/20). Haven't poked around to see if there's anything functionally different.

This is the first OTA I've ever received.
Sponsored

Last edited: