Sponsored

Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible)

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Figured I'd put this into a new thread just for visibility. I know many have wanted to disable the pedestrian sounder (The device making the "groaning" fake engine sound as well as the backup alarm) on the PowerBoost. Full credit goes to PeteRit's post here, I just made some directions for anyone who would like to give it a try themselves.

Obligatory Disclaimer: The pedestrian sounder is obviously a safety device, and is there for a reason. Any modifications you do to your truck are entirely your own responsibility.

With that out of the way, here's the relatively simple process of bypassing the sounder. The best part of this workaround is it's barely 5 minutes to revert the change and put everything back as it was from the factory if you ever need to.

What's needed:
- Tailgate delete connector (Look in your glovebox for the bag of connectors, we're going to use one of them)
- 1x 25w 4ohm Resistor (This will work)
- 2x 1.5mm male connector pins (This kit should work. Has a lot more than you need, but is cheap enough and may come in handy later, I'm sure you could get just the pins somewhere else for cheaper if you wanted.)
- Some scrap 18-20AWG wire (Around 6-8" is all you should need)
- Some shrink tube or tape to seal things up
- A soldering iron

For those not feeling too adventurous, @WillB17 had the entrepreneurial spirit to start selling these. You can purchase one from him here.

Assemble the bypass device:
- Crimp/solder your two pins to some wire and insert them into the connector (These should snap into place when properly inserted and not want to come back out)
- Solder in the resistor to connect the two leads on your pins, here’s what mine looked like
1633006678390.png

- Clean everything up a bit by securing it all together, I used some shrink tube and will probably add some additional protection later to waterproof it better
1633006688693.png

Install the bypass device:
- Disconnect your sounder module and plug your resistor setup into the harness that came off of the module
- I’d recommend covering up the connector on the module to keep it clean for potential future use and securing your new connector somewhere so it’s not just dangling around
- You're all done - the sounder will now be completely eliminated and no codes/lights should be present at all. In the event you ever need to put things back, all you need to do is unplug your "bypass device" and plug the sounder back in. No factory wiring is modified at all.
There is one other way and that is through the FORSCAN, When I replaced my bumper with an aftermarket one I forgot to hook up the sounder and went into FORSCAN and bypassed it until I actually fixed the issue.
Sponsored

STM

First Name
SM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F 150 XLT
Occupation
Home Builder
I got my PB end of July and while I hear the beep while backing up, from inside the truck I don't hear the fake sound while moving forward with electric only..

I still bought the delete gizmo! Great work on making it!

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Small update for the thread:
In the background while trying to keep up with demand I was able to build up and get ahead of orders for the PSB, and am now doing an injection molded outer layer to save myself time on the build process. I think it really added a nice look and feel over the shrink and it gives me an easier ability to laser on my logo! The sealing cap has also been reworked, it now requires less material and is a bit lower profile without sacrificing ergonomics when you install or remove it.

I'm going to continue down this path and this should allow me to ship any PSB orders the following business day of when they're placed.
Ford F-150 Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible) chrome_TvIq2s91B1
What do you guys think? Hope everyone is still loving their delete kits!

In other news as well, we will be launching some new product in the next week or two that should take care of some other problems us powerboost owners have been running into, so stay tuned!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I just commented in another thread how much quieter my 2022 Powerboost is than my 2021 was. And thanks to YOU, I have the quietest pick up truck in the county! 😁

Harry Dangler

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Lexus RX350
Occupation
Retired
In the background while trying to keep up with demand I was able to build up and get ahead of orders for the PSB, and am now doing an injection molded outer layer to save myself time on the build process. I think it really added a nice look and feel over the shrink and it gives me an easier ability to laser on my logo! The sealing cap has also been reworked, it now requires less material and is a bit lower profile without sacrificing ergonomics when you install or remove it.

I'm going to continue down this path and this should allow me to ship any PSB orders the following business day of when they're placed.
chrome_TvIq2s91B1.jpg

In other news as well, we will be launching some new product in the next week or two that should take care of some other problems us powerboost owners have been running into, so stay tuned!
My truck has been built and in shipped status so I will be ordering one soon

Sponsored

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Very interested to see what other products you have in the pipeline. My Gen2 is still patiently waiting for a truck to install it on.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
That looks great. I plan to order one once I get the PB. I hope before Halloween. I have to go back and look through the threads I forgot which one with the remote default so you press ON to turn the sound back on and OFF to turn it off.

It has been a long wait but what I expected.

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My truck has been built and in shipped status so I will be ordering one soon
Awesome! Congrats on getting your truck soon, its such a long wait.

Very interested to see what other products you have in the pipeline. My Gen2 is still patiently waiting for a truck to install it on.
Its hard to keep it quiet that's for sure. Its definitely curing a thorn in a lot of peoples side based on the forums and facebook.

That looks great. I plan to order one once I get the PB. I hope before Halloween. I have to go back and look through the threads I forgot which one with the remote default so you press ON to turn the sound back on and OFF to turn it off.

It has been a long wait but what I expected.
Thank you!

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB

chrome_TvIq2s91B1.jpg

If you need a beta tester to provide feedback compared to the gen1 product, I can be your guinea pig. 😉

Wolverine7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost, 2023 Tesla Model Y LR
Just curious if any solution exists to kill the UFO electric lawn mower noise when rolling forward, but keep the reverse beep? Seems like the forward noise is the one being made 90+% of the time.

Sponsored

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just curious if any solution exists to kill the UFO electric lawn mower noise when rolling forward, but keep the reverse beep? Seems like the forward noise is the one being made 90+% of the time.
There would have to be a logic device implemented in order to pull that off that can look at shifter position via CANBUS data, and that would be a pretty expensive ordeal which is why it's not something I plan to pursue. I've always suggested to people that the wireless kit would fit best for that scenario so you can choose when to kick it on and off.

Wolverine7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost, 2023 Tesla Model Y LR
There would have to be a logic device implemented in order to pull that off that can look at shifter position via CANBUS data, and that would be a pretty expensive ordeal which is why it's not something I plan to pursue. I've always suggested to people that the wireless kit would fit best for that scenario so you can choose when to kick it on and off.
Thanks, that's what I figured, but worth a shot! I may have to order one of your wireless units to get this effect :)

Not sure why Ford decided to add the forward roll noise. We have a Tesla that is silent going forward (I like being able to hear the creak of the tire treads on the driveway), but still has the safety reverse sound (Ford's is actually less annoying!)

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Thanks, that's what I figured, but worth a shot! I may have to order one of your wireless units to get this effect :)

Not sure why Ford decided to add the forward roll noise. We have a Tesla that is silent going forward (I like being able to hear the creak of the tire treads on the driveway), but still has the safety reverse sound (Ford's is actually less annoying!)
It's an FMVSS requirement now. I believe it changed in 2020.

ssimpala1901

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PowerBoost 2015 EB Mustang
Occupation
Navy Vet
It would have been nice if the forward rolling noise were a nice low rumble like a V8 idling, instead of a low flying saucer getting ready to land.
The Sound of Silence is a beautiful thing though, coming up to a campsite silent except for snapping twigs, small rocks crunching and birds chirping in the trees.

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It would have been nice if the forward rolling noise were a nice low rumble like a V8 idling, instead of a low flying saucer getting ready to land.
The Sound of Silence is a beautiful thing though, coming up to a campsite silent except for snapping twigs, small rocks crunching and birds chirping in the trees.
Amen to that! Nothing beats idle rolling in the woods on electric power with the windows down. Its good for the soul. Nothing but the sound of dirt and twigs on the tires.
Sponsored