Sponsored

Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible)

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I have now updated the website to give two different options: Default ON or Default OFF.

Basically you are choosing what the "ON" button does.
Default Speaker On option means the speaker will be enabled by default and function as OEM. Clicking the “ON” button will DISABLE the speaker with this option.
Default Speaker Off option means the speaker will be disabled by default. Clicking the “ON” button will ENABLE the speaker with this option.

Hopefully that helps those that were waiting for this!

Ford F-150 Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible) chrome_jQFRSwNhCO

creamyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost
Occupation
Ret Army
I didn't see this option when i ordered but i just want the regular how you made it. "Default Speaker Off"

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
I have now updated the website to give two different options: Default ON or Default OFF.

Basically you are choosing what the "ON" button does.
Default Speaker On option means the speaker will be enabled by default and function as OEM. Clicking the “ON” button will DISABLE the speaker with this option.
Default Speaker Off option means the speaker will be disabled by default. Clicking the “ON” button will ENABLE the speaker with this option.

Hopefully that helps those that were waiting for this!

chrome_jQFRSwNhCO.png
Thank you for offering this and implementing it so quickly!

Just an FYI, the link in your forum signature directs to the older model.

Sponsored

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I didn't see this option when i ordered but i just want the regular how you made it. "Default Speaker Off"
Yes it wasn't implemented just yet, and I'm glad you want it that way, because I just boxed up your kit :LOL:

Thank you for offering this and implementing it so quickly!

Just an FYI, the link in your forum signature directs to the older model.
No problem! And I am still offering that model, some people will not care to have a swtichable version, and its much more affordable too. But I will be updating my sig with a link to the new swtichable kit as well.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
@WillB17

Just curious before I order. Can I put it on a switched power source? I sometimes can go a week or longer between taking the truck out. I figure if this is on always on power, it will add to the already existing power drain of the truck.

Figured I could just put it on a switched source and since I prefer to have it defaulted to allow the sound, it would default for me to my desired state.

i.e. if I have to get up a t 5am to go into the office, I can get it, press the button to kill the speaker, and then back up and drive off. When I get out of work and I go to get in the truck, it turns on an defaults back to allowing the sound.

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
@WillB17

Just curious before I order. Can I put it on a switched power source? I sometimes can go a week or longer between taking the truck out. I figure if this is on always on power, it will add to the already existing power drain of the truck.

Figured I could just put it on a switched source and since I prefer to have it defaulted to allow the sound, it would default for me to my desired state.

i.e. if I have to get up a t 5am to go into the office, I can get it, press the button to kill the speaker, and then back up and drive off. When I get out of work and I go to get in the truck, it turns on an defaults back to allowing the sound.
Was JUST thinking about this! Would love if the sounder was DEFAULT "ON" every time I turned the truck off.

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@WillB17

It depends on the configuration you pick and whether you leave it engaged or not, but either way the draw is so low (1-5 mA) it won't drain the truck even over extended periods of time. This was part of some testing I did prior to release. I really wouldn't be worried about it.

Sponsored

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Was JUST thinking about this! Would love if the sounder was DEFAULT "ON" every time I turned the truck off.
You'd have to connect to switched power, which is doable (plenty of length on the power wire), you would just wire it to switched 12V instead of the battery terminal.

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
Anyone hear from @WillB17 since Friday morning? I sent a PM to him Saturday night and Tuesday morning and no response. I'm hoping everything is okay.

I installed the sounder delete and the backup sound is gone, but the ufo sound appears to remain and the remote appears not to work.

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Anyone hear from @WillB17 since Friday morning? I sent a PM to him Saturday night and Tuesday morning and no response. I'm hoping everything is okay.

I installed the sounder delete and the backup sound is gone, but the ufo sound appears to remain and the remote appears not to work.
Finally got your message! Emails from the forum were being sent to spam for some reason. I was wondering why it was so quiet.

As an update to those concerned with his issue, I mixed his wireless fob up with another customers fob. Silly mistake on my part but they are programmed and thats to prevent external tampering and signal interference. He will be getting a reprogrammed kit with the correctly paired fob.

Transparency is key in this business and I don't want to hide my mistakes.

thanks!

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
Thanks Will - Apologies for posting on here. Not hearing back on the PMs or seeing you on the forums since Friday I got worried that you had something keeping you from responding and off of the site. (Of course I can't think of anything imported into the US in the last 2 years that would have caused that concern. :rolleyes: )

Kalidor

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB King Ranch
Occupation
Network Engineer
Got my Gen2. Took me longer to read the instructions than it did to install. I had considered the new version, but I'll just honk if someone is in my way when backing up...like I used to do 3 weeks ago!
Thank you for making this!
Sponsored