First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
I saw my first powerboost in captivity today. I am in Myrtle Beach for a while and I was in a residential area. While I was on the sidewalk , I heard a strange sound and I turned around to see a F-150 coming towards me uttering a weird sound. I thought there was a problem with it, but as it passed I realized it was a powerboost running on electric. What a weird sound, caught my attention. Sounds more like a growling sound than anything else.
Sponsored

Eskram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB 502a
It is a strange sound, but I won't disable it. Under 20 mph, it is super quiet rolling down the street on full electric.

Kids in this neighborhood are bold and/or stupid and dart into the street all the time - I've already had a few close calls...

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Did it sound like a sick dump truck when backing up? I've got 2 fords with disconnected PACMs. Under no circumstances is it okay for my vehicle to sound like a piece of construction equipment.

OP
OP
My 2ND Ford

My 2ND Ford

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150 Platinum, 2014 BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Retired
Did it sound like a sick dump truck when backing up? I've got 2 fords with disconnected PACMs. Under no circumstances is it okay for my vehicle to sound like a piece of construction equipment.
Nope, it was rolling forward . To me it sounded like a wheel bearing going bad, that type of growl.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Nope, it was rolling forward . To me it sounded like a wheel bearing going bad, that type of growl.
The EV whirring spaceship noise. It wouldn't be a big deal if the damn thing didn't beep while backing up, sounding like a sick dump truck. Feds made a law that makes EVs have to be noisier than ICEs -- typical govt actions.
Sponsored