Sponsored

Pedestrian Sounder Delete (No Codes, Easily Reversible)

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Just received the new version.

First impression is ... HOLY CRAP!

Such a great design. And, the directions are wonderful.

@WillB17 you have out done yourself and many other manufacturers of aftermarket parts!
Sponsored

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
Got the new version installed and tested and it works very well. @WillB17 was great to work with on replacing the first unit (remote not paired) and sending out a 2nd.

I got confused on the instructions on one part only (intercooler bracket loosening) and should have realized it was basically the radiator bracket, or just behind it). So that was just my old brain not thinking straight.

At work I take some time to back my truck in as I have a large concrete post located on the parking line that I like to avoid scraping my truck on (for some reason) and I previously had a co-worker note how loud the backup "boinger" was. No more of that!

Great execution on this idea and looking forward to other great ideas like this!

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Just received the new version.

First impression is ... HOLY CRAP!

Such a great design. And, the directions are wonderful.

@WillB17 you have out done yourself and many other manufacturers of aftermarket parts!
Thank you Jeff! I'm glad the time and effort I put into making these kits is being recognized, it really takes a lot of thought, effort & testing to make stuff that truly impresses!

Got the new version installed and tested and it works very well. @WillB17 was great to work with on replacing the first unit (remote not paired) and sending out a 2nd.

I got confused on the instructions on one part only (intercooler bracket loosening) and should have realized it was basically the radiator bracket, or just behind it). So that was just my old brain not thinking straight.

At work I take some time to back my truck in as I have a large concrete post located on the parking line that I like to avoid scraping my truck on (for some reason) and I previously had a co-worker note how loud the backup "boinger" was. No more of that!

Great execution on this idea and looking forward to other great ideas like this!
Super glad to help and thank you for being patient with me as we worked through the bumps! I've got some more products in the works, so keep a look out! The next product is not speaker related, but will solve a headache that many have had with the fuel door ;)

lostinacrowd

First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
maverick
Do you have any idea what the part number is for the tailgate delete connector is? I'm trying to find just that part since I don't have any of those connectors in my Maverick.
This maybe?
ebay

Sponsored

BuddyT

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum FX4 BAP PB
Does the unit stay in your last setting? For instance if I pull up to the dealership, click on, then turn off the truck. When the Ford tech gets into the truck and starts the vehicle up, will the system still be in “on” or does it default back to “off”?
I picked my Powerboost up on Friday...I cannot begin to tell you how happy I was when I came back to this thread and found that you had a wireless switchable option now. YES!!! ORDERED! Thank you!!!

pjstud1v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat on order
Thanks so much @WillB17! Truck arrived last night and I had the mod installed easily this morning.

DW2020

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR PB
Ordered the remote control edition.

I went with Default Speaker On….my goal is to have OEM most of the time, but be able to turn off the noise while backing in at the campground.

lexustbs

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Powerboost
So I had a 21’ power post and it was one of the first produced. The speaker on this one was crazy loud in forward. To the point that people would ask me if my front end was going out and I could hear it in the cab. But now on my 22’ powerboost it’s way quiet to the point I can’t hear it in the cab any more and only really hear it when at an idle. Anyone else notice this?

Sponsored

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
So I had a 21’ power post and it was one of the first produced. The speaker on this one was crazy loud in forward. To the point that people would ask me if my front end was going out and I could hear it in the cab. But now on my 22’ powerboost it’s way quiet to the point I can’t hear it in the cab any more and only really hear it when at an idle. Anyone else notice this?
I have a MY22. I haven't heard the noise that's supposedly made when going forward. The "beep, beep" when backing up isn't too obnoxious, at least in the cab.

WillB17

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I have a MY22. I haven't heard the noise that's supposedly made when going forward. The "beep, beep" when backing up isn't too obnoxious, at least in the cab.
I promise the noise is there. If you want to test, you can unplug the speaker (you'll get a dash error and chime) but you will then be able to hear the differences.

SuperRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 502A
Dude I'm with you, I have good hearing and I only hear something backing up. I bought the delete kit and and may just sell it.

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum (job 2)
Dude I'm with you, I have good hearing and I only hear something backing up. I bought the delete kit and and may just sell it.
They must have made it quieter for the 2022 model year, which is a good thing in my opinion. Before I put this part on, I had people whipping their heads around at my truck when I pulled away from gas pumps, and had folks at the drive through at Starbucks ask "if that your truck making that sound?" It was not subtle.