Throwing Codes after driving in the Rain

H2oDawg

First Name
Matty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
drove in the rain for about 4 hrs and next morning truck threw the following codes :

Blind spot detection with cross traffic
Pre-Collision Not Available
Hill Start Assist Not Available
Powertrain Malfunction
Restraints indicator Lamp Warning

and i could not switch to diffrent drive modes, they listed as UNAVAILBLE......

Are you not suppose to drive in the RAIN????????

Tried to make an appt in the afternoon with the Codes Still in place, opened up my ford app and the codes magically disappeared.

ANYONE....ANYONE?
Sponsored

Whoskyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
You didn’t get the memo? No driving in any weather except 75 and sunny.

in all seriousness had this happen on my patrol car, happened to be a bad ground of the electrical System.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
Could also be a connector not plugged all the way in somewhere.

12Lariat21

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering Manager
If you missed the fuse post, you may want to check your fuses, give them all a good push and make sure they are fully seated in the fuse block. Some have reported loose fuses, which could cause your intermittent issue...

Otherwise a trip to the dealer to check all the ground connections will be a wise move, before it leaves you stranded somewhere.

Trukbed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
I drove in several near biblical rainstorms when the hurricane came up in the gulf a couple months ago, and I didn't throw a single code.

When I say storm, I mean, I am watching people behind me with flashers on, on the highway, spinning out into the medians and what not. So, a lot of water.

Sponsored

bizu1108

First Name
BigTurtle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
There was a real bad storm in where I live couple of weeks ago and I was driving in rain where I cannot see anything and it was super windy (near tornado level?). I got "Pre-Collision Not Available" warning message but when I googled around, it seems it's a common issue with safety tech in F150. Shutting off and restarting removed the warning. You definitely got a lot more warnings than other folks in the forum with similar issue. I had a case where I got as much warning as you did when the dealer tried resetting IPMA module but they determined it's a faulty IPMA and replaced it which fixed it.

Trukbed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
At home,, I pressure wash the truck, underneath, etc. I don't do the engine bay directly. But everywhere the outside world rain can hit, if not more. So much, I know my neighbors think I am nuts.

I also do long Car Wash tunnels, undercarriage etc. As I assume a lot of others do too every day.

These on top of those storms I mentioned. I just realized I do these too, with no codes.

mx_ata2d

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 F150 Harley Edition, 2021 F150 platinum 4x4
Occupation
General Contractor
Mine dropped all the same codes today, but it hasn't rained for a while. Back to dealership it goes.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
You didn’t get the memo? No driving in any weather except 75 and sunny.

in all seriousness had this happen on my patrol car, happened to be a bad ground of the electrical System.
I'd say a ground is a likely culprit or a connector with a weather-seal wasn't correctly seated. When the 12V battery of a Tesla is weak or poorly grounded (due to vibration and corrosion) the codes roll like the credits to Star Wars.

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
I've been through a flash flood and a tropical storm here in Texas (Houston and Austin area), water was up at least a foot with high winds. Truck performed well.

I have also read of a truck here that had a ton of electrical issues upon entering a car wash. I have a feeling some PBs out there are a victim of being put together on a Friday or something.
Sponsored