Codes not causing warning lights or anything on vehicle report

Adronm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 f150 xlt powerboost
So I recently went through the whole auxiliary transmission pump lunge thing and it occurred to me that the dealership was reading all kinds of codes and faults. If the truck knows there is some kind of issue why doesn’t it show up with a warning light or on that monthly vehicle health report? It’s clearly something given a bunch of codes are being thrown, I’m just wondering why everything was still saying it was just fine? Anyone have any experience or insights into this?
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
If you ran a scan everyday on one of these loaded up trucks with 47 modules, you might be surprised to discover how common it is for 1 or more codes to be present.
The average consumer would get the wrong idea if the manufacturer presented every code on the dash, but then were told that they can ignore most of them?

OP
OP
Adronm

Adronm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 f150 xlt powerboost
Hmmm. That makes sense. I had a tuned STi in the past and I’m guessing any time it was getting information causing it to adjust the timing it would be throwing a code (although maybe I should have paid more attention to that as ultimately i had a rod bearing failure). My interest is sparked though, maybe I need to invest into a code scanner.
Sponsored