First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
Ah I see. Oh well. I’ll add that to the wishlist for my next truck.
Me too. Until then I'll concentrate on the 10g I saved and what I was able to do with it.
Sponsored

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
Here are my SYNC details. I also manually checked for updates just now and the system said “there are no updates ready that require vehicle downtime.”
IMG_1824.jpeg
Future updates will get you:
Rear camera views while driving
Full screen Android Auto and Carplay
Amazon Alexa

Mixed in with that is minor updates and some major.

If you have the tailgate drop from the cab I'm guessing you can still use single button press? There is an update to change that to double press but not sure if that was dealer only or wrapped into OTA.

You can go down the road of manual updates if the above features seem to worth the work to you. Does seem like your OTA process is slowly working so you might get caught up by end of year.

If you see over a month of failure messages and your sync is stuck on version 22177 then you'll most likely have to manually update. That is where I was stuck. Due to hardware issues my truck can never update the 12 inch full digital speedometer screen OTA. I think you said XLT so you may never see the same roadblock.

Chilibball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Future updates will get you:
Rear camera views while driving
Full screen Android Auto and Carplay
Amazon Alexa

Mixed in with that is minor updates and some major.

If you have the tailgate drop from the cab I'm guessing you can still use single button press? There is an update to change that to double press but not sure if that was dealer only or wrapped into OTA.

You can go down the road of manual updates if the above features seem to worth the work to you. Does seem like your OTA process is slowly working so you might get caught up by end of year.

If you see over a month of failure messages and your sync is stuck on version 22177 then you'll most likely have to manually update. That is where I was stuck. Due to hardware issues my truck can never update the 12 inch full digital speedometer screen OTA. I think you said XLT so you may never see the same roadblock.
Solid insight there I appreciate it! Out of those major features you mentioned I’d be most excited for cameras at any speed. However I don’t mind waiting for them I suppose.

Before today’s update I was still able to do a single button press to drop the tailgate. I’ll have to give it another try tomorrow.

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
You can follow along the thread with the spreadsheet and website that gives you an idea of what versions are in your future. Eventually it will likely be a BCM update that will change tailgate function. Just wanted to mention that since there is another thread someone is upset it was changed.

Sponsored

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
Before today’s update I was still able to do a single button press to drop the tailgate. I’ll have to give it another try tomorrow.
My 2021 job 1 truck is current on OTA's, I've recieved every one up to 4.3.3 on June 21 2023, and the tailgate still opens with a single push of the button on the dash. Honestly I hope they don't change it, I've never had a problem. 😊

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
My 2021 job 1 truck is current on OTA's, I've recieved every one up to 4.3.3 on June 21 2023, and the tailgate still opens with a single push of the button on the dash. Honestly I hope they don't change it, I've never had a problem. 😊
That annoys me. I was forced into double button press with doing manual updates in FDRS. Boo!
I assumed it was forced upon everyone in an OTA as well.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That annoys me. I was forced into double button press with doing manual updates in FDRS. Boo!
I assumed it was forced upon everyone in an OTA as well.
Yup, I was just about ready to go the FDRS route like you back in January when we were all waiting for full screen Android Auto and Car play. But then the OTA came one day on its own, shortly after I received the BCM ota, I was very surprised after that that the update didn't include the double tap. Don't get me wrong I'm glad it's still single tap, but why? No one who received the BCM via. OTA has mentioned the double tap. Everyone who went FDRS has it. :unsure:

fordtruckman2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 Lariat
No one who received the BCM via. OTA has mentioned the double tap. Everyone who went FDRS has it. :unsure:
Can't avoid it. If the updates show up they have to be applied to move forward. It really doesn't bother me much and FDRS was nice enough to tell me to tell the customer about the change. It took me couple weeks to get used to it. No biggie.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can't avoid it. If the updates show up they have to be applied to move forward. It really doesn't bother me much and FDRS was nice enough to tell me to tell the customer about the change. It took me couple weeks to get used to it. No biggie.
Agreed, the double tap is no big deal, but if you look at my truck right now in FDRS there's no BCM update available, because it came OTA. LOL, What would the dealer do now, if I brought my truck in for CSP 21M08 "unintended tailgate opening", they nolonger have the update available in FDRS. ;) :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored