OTA Updates Galore

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
My truck has been trying to install 2.8.1 for three days… I’ve tried all the tricks of putting a trickle charger on it, etc.

Always fails to update!
Bummer!
Sponsored

Spindrive

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
My truck has been trying to install 2.8.1 for three days… I’ve tried all the tricks of putting a trickle charger on it, etc.

Always fails to update!

UPDATE: Put it on at least a 5amp charger...updated instantly once it had the power....

OP
OP

jofo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost 502A Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
I just finally received 2.8.2, and it apparently happened while I was driving. I say that because I did not get the usual notification of pending download set for such and such time. I get that notification normally, and it is queued up until my scheduled time.
however, yesterday Iran Some errands and when I returned, my Ford pass app said update 2.8.2 was successful. It also said that it is setting the stage for a more complex update next. It did not state the version though. I’ll report back once I receive 2.8.3

sbreech

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 STX, Lead Foot Grey
Occupation
Systems Administrator
I'm still waiting on Power-up 2.6.0 to update on mine. I don't believe I have ever received an OTA in the 11 months I've owned this truck.

Ford F-150 OTA Updates Galore 2016DA35-1B0F-4AB3-9317-944A938569A6

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

jofo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost 502A Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Engineer
I finally got 2.8.3 yesterday while driving home from work. I took it out for a spin last night, and I am happy to report that everything works as it should. I don’t know what other OTA updates I should be expecting, but it is my understanding that this was the
“Big one”.

Steyreo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Lariat SuperCrew PowerBoost Sport Fx4
I finally got 2.8.3 yesterday while driving home from work. I took it out for a spin last night, and I am happy to report that everything works as it should. I don’t know what other OTA updates I should be expecting, but it is my understanding that this was the
“Big one”.

Does anybody know what the latest update is? I know that it varies by trim. I wish we had a wiki page like there is for the Mach-e.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales

Steyreo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Lariat SuperCrew PowerBoost Sport Fx4

MrT

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Retired
Just back from the dealer. 22095_Product, version 421 now installed successfully. But no BC on the hi-way. I-10 outside of Tucson. Could it be Nav, not precisely catching up? It shows BC available, "ready", keep your eyes on the road warnings, but never fully engages BC hands free on the instrument panel. I should be at 2.8.3, but my update screen only shows, your system is up to date. This sync version and Rev was installed with FDRS at the dealer. My updates are scheduled nightly at 1230am. Any ideas?

Sponsored

MrT

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Just got off the phone with Ford OTA and connected services teams. My VIN is now compatible, updated to the latest version and Revision, but one last and final crucial step. Blue Cruise is functioning and all hardware, firmware and software is correct, except that you have to visit the Ford website, www.Ford.com/connectedservices and ACTIVATE the Blue Cruise subscription. The dealer that updated my truck will push my VIN to Ford through Ford and this will notify connected services that I should be good to go. Test drive yesterday was successfull, all indications are that my VIN is waiting for activation. My Sync screen states BC is available through October 9, 2022, however the letter I rec'd from Ford states "we'll be providing you with one (1) full year of complimentary Ford BlueCruise, once the hands-free driver assist feature is activated and functioning." We'll see what happens over the weekend between the Ford servers, my wi-fi, OTA communication and my VIN. FWIW - my wife thinks I'm obsessed, but for a loaded Lariat with all the bells and whistles, it should work as promised.

Demps

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Just got off the phone with Ford OTA and connected services teams. My VIN is now compatible, updated to the latest version and Revision, but one last and final crucial step. Blue Cruise is functioning and all hardware, firmware and software is correct, except that you have to visit the Ford website, www.Ford.com/connectedservices and ACTIVATE the Blue Cruise subscription. The dealer that updated my truck will push my VIN to Ford through Ford and this will notify connected services that I should be good to go. Test drive yesterday was successfull, all indications are that my VIN is waiting for activation. My Sync screen states BC is available through October 9, 2022, however the letter I rec'd from Ford states "we'll be providing you with one (1) full year of complimentary Ford BlueCruise, once the hands-free driver assist feature is activated and functioning." We'll see what happens over the weekend between the Ford servers, my wi-fi, OTA communication and my VIN. FWIW - my wife thinks I'm obsessed, but for a loaded Lariat with all the bells and whistles, it should work as promised.
From what I’ve been told the October 9, 2022 date is when the BlueCruise map expires, not the BlueCruise subscription. Hopefully we get new maps on a timely basis.
Once activated FordPass has the expiration date listed under connected services.
FWIW-there are a lot worse things to obsess over than a truck. LOL

FrogRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986&2017 F250, 2009, 2013 2022 F150

did the push of your VIN through FORD work?

MrT

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Not yet. OTA team and Ford Pass team said give it up to 3 business days. Don’t really know what the hold up is. I only see Blue Cruise coming soon on my Ford Pass app.

FrogRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986&2017 F250, 2009, 2013 2022 F150
Not yet. OTA team and Ford Pass team said give it up to 3 business days. Don’t really know what the hold up is. I only see Blue Cruise coming soon on my Ford Pass app.

10-4
I'm fighting and issue with FORD post having a significant computer issue and replacement of the ABS module, reprogram of all modules, still errors, reprogram of IPMA and now now BlueCruise and one remaining error DTC message - U0264:00-2F Lost Communication With Camera Module Rear.

What concerns me most is BC no longer activates on my truck as in the past prior to ABS module going out.

I'm taking it back Monday after work. Hoping it my be just a simple "push" like you are looking for. My connected services says its Active until May 20, 2025
Sponsored