First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 XLT Sport Crewcab 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost
Occupation
Union Representative
Great thanks... I'm going to check later today.
I have a 23 XLT 301A. I assume you have 360 camera? All you need is the CCM and the bumper harness. The rest of the truck is wired.
Sponsored

Harveen

First Name
Harpreet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 platinum powerboost
Ok I will try and update you just out of house once back I will try that
Yes it’s usb cable issue
I live in Canada and I checked cable you sent me on Amazon but it’s not available in Canada so any other recommendations for Canada Amazon

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
Yes it’s usb cable issue
I live in Canada and I checked cable you sent me on Amazon but it’s not available in Canada so any other recommendations for Canada Amazon
You need a cable that is USB-C 3.2 GEN2. The gen2 is important. Find one that specifically meets that.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
C&A
Okay guys, the team is making public a lot of the enhancements we have been working on for Fords. We have developed a fork of SunnyPilot with the goal of allowing early adopters to help test and refine features before they are submitted to the SunnyPilot team for inclusion. I will try to keep this thread here focused on hardware and installation, while the new thread can focus on software and features.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...t-a-ford-specific-fork-for-the-comma3x.24241/

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB
Yes it’s usb cable issue

I used a 6.6ft one to connect to Ajzride's 3D printed slide in dock for the comma 3x to the wiring harness and it was the perfect length, and available on amazons CA site:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0BN59ZDTW

..there is an option for a 10ft cord in the listing as well, and might be needed if you are not using the sliding dock. (I ordered both and returned the 10' as teh 6.6 worked for my install)

Sponsored

motivology

First Name
DK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum Powerstroke
Occupation
Realtor / Entrepreneur
Does anybody mind giving me a quick run down on the latest news/update with OP? There’s too many posts to shuffle through to find out lol (I already went back a couple pages).

I really enjoy my BC on the highway but if there’s a better system out there, I am interested to learn more about it. I only hate it when I'm getting the pay attention alert every time I am trying to change music, send a quick text, or checking out the scenery lol. About OP… with it being open source, I am concerned about the security side exposed to hackers gaining access?

-DK

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 307a PB, Mach E GTPE
Does anybody mind giving me a quick run down on the latest news/update with OP? There’s too many posts to shuffle through to find out lol (I already went back a couple pages).

I really enjoy my BC on the highway but if there’s a better system out there, I am interested to learn more about it. I only hate it when I'm getting the pay attention alert every time I am trying to change music, send a quick text, or checking out the scenery lol. About OP… with it being open source, I am concerned about the security side exposed to hackers gaining access?

-DK
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...cific-fork-for-the-comma3x.24241/#post-458654

motivology

First Name
DK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum Powerstroke
Occupation
Realtor / Entrepreneur

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
C&A
I only hate it when I'm getting the pay attention alert every time I am trying to change music, send a quick text, or checking out the scenery lol.
There is no L2 system that is going to let you send a text without complaining, that is exponentially more dangerous that changing the radio. However you will find the Comma driver monitoring is very reasonable and doesn't complain about stupid stuff. Comma also works on any road, not just limited access highways.

About OP… with it being open source, I am concerned about the security side exposed to hackers gaining access?
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but as someone who deals with cybersecurity as a portion of my job (not my sole job), I prefer open source platforms to closed. On open source platforms you can see everything, and if there is a vulnerability you or someone else can find it. With a closed source system, only people who have ill intents are even looking for the vulnerabilities because it requires you to break EULA to even start looking for them. You will find there are far more people in the world who are intent on doing good versus harm and open source systems tend to get identified and patched much quicker than a closed source system with a flaw.

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but as someone who deals with cybersecurity as a portion of my job (not my sole job), I prefer open source platforms to closed. On open source platforms you can see everything, and if there is a vulnerability you or someone else can find it. With a closed source system, only people who have ill intents are even looking for the vulnerabilities because it requires you to break EULA to even start looking for them. You will find there are far more people in the world who are intent on doing good versus harm and open source systems tend to get identified and patched much quicker than a closed source system with a flaw.
Most of the internet is open source. I think the individual is confused about what open source is and its superiority to closed source. It's like food ingredients. Do you want proprietary or open for all to see? Trust w/ profit motive baked in is the real security vulnerability. You don't know what's truly baked into the code.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
C&A

-DK
if you are near Phoenix you could hit up @OneFast440 and see if you will take you for a ride.

kvandivo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PB/SB
if you are near Phoenix you could hit up @OneFast440 and see if you will take you for a ride.
Know anyone in southwest Florida I could hit up for a ride in an F150? Just recently picked up a 2021 and Blue Cruise is............ ok... (it has a fondness for the right side of the lane that I'm afraid will cause a problem eventually) and I've got a subscription to it until Jan 2027.... and $1450 is a fair amount of money... But I love the FSD capabilities in my Model S and am itching for some of the things that BluePilot can do...

But, I digress and this probably isn't the right thread for such musings, so feel free to ignore.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
C&A
Know anyone in southwest Florida I could hit up for a ride in an F150? Just recently picked up a 2021 and Blue Cruise is............ ok... (it has a fondness for the right side of the lane that I'm afraid will cause a problem eventually) and I've got a subscription to it until Jan 2027.... and $1450 is a fair amount of money... But I love the FSD capabilities in my Model S and am itching for some of the things that BluePilot can do...

But, I digress and this probably isn't the right thread for such musings, so feel free to ignore.
By southwest do you mean Pensacola or Tampa Bay?

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

You need FDRS to get the latest software. Yours is from 2021. There's a 2024 software stack that fixes a lot of things. Find someone with a mongoose cable around you and update your truck.
Sponsored