First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
I know there was a lot of work being put into the turning logic that’s different on this vehicle compared to others (and the funky wind back on the wheel) and I just wanted to say I really appreciate the hard work.
Appreciate the kind words. I think we are finally making some break throughs. A lot of progress was made over the weekend.

noticed about 6-8 weeks ago that it no longer winds back on turns when you have the turn signal engaged through the turn. It’s actually really made the unit a lot more enjoyable.
That's actually a toggle in SunnyPilot under Customize Lane Change "Disable Lateral Below Speed with Blinker" .

It’s still doing it on sharp turns at lower speeds where you have to give the wheel a little assist to make it through but overall, it’s WAY better.
There is a change coming through soon that will help anytime you touch the steering wheel and it exceeds 60 degrees of angle, but it won't help on turns that are not sharp enough to justify 60 degrees of steering wheel movement.

The proper fix for wind-up is in the bigger update we are working on. But honestly that is still months away. Once we get the logic stable and working, we still have to implement safety limits and test it rigorously.
Sponsored

labjr1

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 PB Platinum
Occupation
IT
I am loving MADS since your latest updates. the only issue I have is forgetting to turn it off when I go to park and freaking out the the system as I approach parked cars or my garage walls. (it only does this with MDS enabled since MADS does not disengage steering, just lateral control.

travisN000

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost CCSB
I am loving MADS since your latest updates. the only issue I have is forgetting to turn it off when I go to park and freaking out the the system as I approach parked cars or my garage walls. (it only does this with MDS enabled since MADS does not disengage steering, just lateral control.

What is the latest update?

I finally got mine to update to 4/20 release. ...it took me awhile to realize that when I start a download and the screen turns off on the comma, it is still downloading in the backgound. I thought it was off, but just had to touch the screen to wake it up and navigate back into the menu to start the install

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
C&A
What is the latest update?

I finally got mine to update to 4/20 release. ...it took me awhile to realize that when I start a download and the screen turns off on the comma, it is still downloading in the backgound. I thought it was off, but just had to touch the screen to wake it up and navigate back into the menu to start the install
He's running my personal branch. Sunny is taking so long to incorporate our changes I've started doing it myself. There are about 5 guys running and we are still doing a little more testing before I post the link. I've already broken these guys trucks a few times, so it's not quite ready for public release yet.

If I can get smoother lane changes working this weekend I can post a link early next week.

labjr1

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 PB Platinum
Occupation
IT
It is well worth the minor issues. I absolutely love the improvements.

Sponsored

Harveen

First Name
Harpreet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 platinum powerboost
Other than the shopping list; (Comma3x and Ford Q4 Harness) there is likely to be little information available until the hardware arrives for someone. Mine is on a 1-8 week back order and I think the others are as well.
Hi dear I commented you on youtube
So my comma 3X is. It working and I am using q4 ford wiring harness it’s not going to calibration screen

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
C&A
@Harveen

This is due to the comma not detecting the truck started. The signal comes in on the brown wire from the IPMA. It could be a bad wiring harness from Comma, or it could be your truck is missing the brown wire (this can happen on lower trims). Do you have adaptive cruise control on your truck

Last edited:

Harveen

First Name
Harpreet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Harveen

This is due to the comma not detecting the truck started. The signal comes in on the brown wire from the IPMA. It could be a bad wiring harness from Comma, or it could be your truck is missing the brown wire (this can happen on lower trims). Do you have adaptive cruise control on your truck
It’s platinum model with bluecruise and powerboost engine

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
C&A
It’s platinum model with bluecruise and powerboost engine
Okay. That means your IPMA has all the wires. Next question. Which USB cable did you buy and install? This can also be caused by an unsupported or faulty USB cable.

Harveen

First Name
Harpreet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Okay. That means your IPMA has all the wires. Next question. Which USB cable did you buy and install? This can also be caused by an unsupported or faulty USB cable.
I bought it from Amazon 10 feet
Do you have any recommendations

Sponsored

elcid98

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 4x4 5.0
Occupation
Escalation Engineer
I'm new here as I just bought a 2023 XLT(301a) and I'm trying to catch up on all the latest info from this thread. I'm also a software developer and glad to see openpilot support for F150. . I apologize if this has already been answered. Since I have a 2023 XLT without ACC, I just need to go through steps to add ACC (CCM Module, IPMA wiring if not already there, forscan updates, etc...) for OpenPilot support? I'm going through the steps to add ACC now and I was wondering if there is anything else I need to add while I'm at it. Thank you

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
C&A
I'm new here as I just bought a 2023 XLT(301a) and I'm trying to catch up on all the latest info from this thread. I'm also a software developer and glad to see openpilot support for F150. . I apologize if this has already been answered. Since I have a 2023 XLT without ACC, I just need to go through steps to add ACC (CCM Module, IPMA wiring if not already there, forscan updates, etc...) for OpenPilot support? I'm going through the steps to add ACC now and I was wondering if there is anything else I need to add while I'm at it. Thank you
When you add ACC, make sure you have 12+ ignition power on pin 11 of the IPMA connector. If you have rear radar it will be there. If not it will be empty and you can jumper pin 18 to pin 11 or run a wire from a fuse to pin 11.

Ford F-150 OpenPilot on the F-150 (BlueCruise alternative) image

Last edited:

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
C&A
I bought it from Amazon 10 feet
Do you have any recommendations
Comma is very picky about USB cables because it's not really using USB standards, it's just borrowing their wires. Kind of like when people do HDMI over cat5 cables. Here is a quick test. Take your comma off of the windshield and hold it in your hand, connect it to the harness under the dash using the cable that came with the Comma (its about 18" long with a 90 on one end). Start the truck, if you get calibration screen then the USB cable is your issue. I recommend this one to replace it:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B49HH3TS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share&th=1

Harveen

First Name
Harpreet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Comma is very picky about USB cables because it's not really using USB standards, it's just borrowing their wires. Kind of like when people do HDMI over cat5 cables. Here is a quick test. Take your comma off of the windshield and hold it in your hand, connect it to the harness under the dash using the cable that came with the Comma (its about 18" long with a 90 on one end). Start the truck, if you get calibration screen then the USB cable is your issue. I recommend this one to replace it:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B49HH3TS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share&th=1
Ok I will try and update you just out of house once back I will try that

elcid98

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 4x4 5.0
Occupation
Escalation Engineer
When you add ACC, make sure you have 12+ ignition power on pin 11 of the IPMA connector. If you have rear radar it will be there. If not it will be empty and you can jumper pin 18 to pin 11 or run a wire from a fuse to pin 11.

image.png
Great thanks... I'm going to check later today.
Sponsored