hitchhiker

hitchhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150, 1965 F-100
Occupation
Software Engineer
Were you able to get OP with comma 3 working fine on your f150?
A few of us have been using it with Comma 3x, if you're referring to the new hardware. If you mean the older Comma 3, I don't think anyone on here is using it. It would work but requires a CAN-FD Panda module aka Red Panda. The 3x has this hardware built in.
Sponsored

natefons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum
A few of us have been using it with Comma 3x, if you're referring to the new hardware. If you mean the older Comma 3, I don't think anyone on here is using it. It would work but requires a CAN-FD Panda module aka Red Panda. The 3x has this hardware built in.
gotcha, I might give it a swing. which harness are you using? 3 or 4

OP
OP
hitchhiker

hitchhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150, 1965 F-100
Occupation
Software Engineer
gotcha, I might give it a swing. which harness are you using? 3 or 4
All the info you need is in this thread and is linked in the OP. You need to go back and do some reading first. I’m not trying to be a jerk; you should fully understand what you are getting into before undertaking something like this.

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Maverick Lariat Lux
...you should fully understand what you are getting into before undertaking something like this.
True. I just initiated a return for my Maverick hybrid install. Webpage says it is supported. Comma failed to differentiate between hybrid and non-hybrid. It doesn't work with the hybrid. My point, you're right. Know what you're getting into before jumping in. I was expecting plug and play. I'm not tech/software savvy enough to go the custom route....not for the the $1500 price range. Too much risk, too little knowledge on my part. Too bad. I was looking forward to chilling while driving like my BlueCruise F150.

OP
OP
hitchhiker

hitchhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150, 1965 F-100
Occupation
Software Engineer
True. I just initiated a return for my Maverick hybrid install. Webpage says it is supported. Comma failed to differentiate between hybrid and non-hybrid. It doesn't work with the hybrid. My point, you're right. Know what you're getting into before jumping in. I was expecting plug and play. I'm not tech/software savvy enough to go the custom route....not for the the $1500 price range. Too much risk, too little knowledge on my part. Too bad. I was looking forward to chilling while driving like my BlueCruise F150.
The powertrain shouldn't matter. It could be as simple as a fingerprinting issue like we have experienced in the F-150. I can set up an installer URL with the Maverick fingerprint hard coded if you'd like to try that before returning it.

Sponsored

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The powertrain shouldn't matter. It could be as simple as a fingerprinting issue like we have experienced in the F-150. I can set up an installer URL with the Maverick fingerprint hard coded if you'd like to try that before returning it.
Thanks for the help offer, buy I'm returning it. I'm just outside my comfort zone.

Other than my own experience, I've seen two sources that say stock OP doesn't work with the hybrid. True? I'm not 100% sure, but I am 100% uneasy. I'll just look into this at a later date because I like hands-free. Dare I say I'm addicted to it in the F150 and Maverick using the weighted steering wheel jack.

Fourthewin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Real Estate
Agree with this. It’s currently running in this post on a powerboost and an all electric lightning.

Fourthewin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Real Estate
Actually. Just dipped into the Discord on this @hitchhiker. There are some bugs to work out for hybrid mavericks. Checksum errors and such.

oneinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discord. 🤯 That hot mess of a place makes my head explode. I can't figure it out. A friend showed me a post that said no joy for the Maverick hybrid. Only the non hybrid. This is with stock OP which is all I wanted to run. I saw another post on the Maverick forum saying the same. And then there's my own experience with it not reading the ECU. It's no bueno for the Maverick hybrid. The more tech savvy people can get it going with all that branching and forking (whatever all that is). I'm not going there. Risking $1500 was too much for me. I'll wait until another time. ENOUGH about the little ole Maverick. This is an F150 forum 💪

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
It shouldn’t, but it does. The Q3 hybrids (maverick, escape, etc) have an issue where Ford occasionally sends a bad checksum (related to vehicle speed I believe). Comma considers it a safety issue to ignore the bad checksum, so OP kicks out every time that happens. It’s a bug on Ford’s part they don’t seem to be in a hurry to fix. Q4 vehicles don’t seem to have that issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP
hitchhiker

hitchhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150, 1965 F-100
Occupation
Software Engineer
It shouldn’t, but it does. The Q3 hybrids (maverick, escape, etc) have an issue where Ford occasionally sends a bad checksum (related to vehicle speed I believe). Comma considers it a safety issue to ignore the bad checksum, so OP kicks out every time that happens. It’s a bug on Ford’s part they don’t seem to be in a hurry to fix. Q4 vehicles don’t seem to have that issue.
Glad I bought an F-150 then. 😆

Fourthewin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Real Estate
@hitchhiker are you still running the first software you installed on it? Have you tried all of the ones that you posted on your original post? What is your favorite so far?

I'm running a ford comfort fork that @rwxr_xr_x made for me from several weeks ago but wanted to know if there's any improvements or recommendations from you guys.

Fourthewin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Real Estate
installer.comma.ai/tinkerborg/ford-comfortOpenpilot ford-comfort branch with hard-coded F-150 signature, updated with latest changes from master

installer.comma.ai/tinkerborg/sunny-masterSunnypilot master branch, with hard-coded F-150 signature, updated with latest changes from openpilot master

installer.comma.ai/tinkerborg/sunny-ford-comfortSunnypilot master branch, with hard-coded F-150 signature, updated with latest changes from openpilot ford-comfort
@hitchhiker, for instance, what is the difference between these two "Ford-Comfort" versions? One stays updated and the other doesn't?

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
@rwxr_xr_x and I have been testing an F150 SunnyPilot branch. It has promise.

rwxr_xr_x

First Name
rwxr_xr_x
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F-150 XLT + 302A
@hitchhiker are you still running the first software you installed on it? Have you tried all of the ones that you posted on your original post? What is your favorite so far?

I'm running a ford comfort fork that @rwxr_xr_x made for me from several weeks ago but wanted to know if there's any improvements or recommendations from you guys.
I switched to using sunnypilot + ford comfort - a better experience, it's complex, a lot of toggles to fit your needs. But it uses older better model. For example master-ci uses already the 2nd model, I think it's called Night Strike - before this one they added Optimus prime, and before that Non-inflatable, , in the last 2-3 weeks, it's not bad but not as good as Non-Inflatable. SunnyPilot seems to keep in dev-c3 the better model and delay updating to the latest models until they are better - avoids regressions as much as possible.

https://bit.ly/f150-ga - this is the branch I plan to use for something that I tested and I'm happy with.

Here you can see the changes that are into the above build: https://github.com/rwxr-xr-x/openpilot/commits/f150
Sponsored