LED projector upgrades

txfive0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 STX 5.0l FX4
@Hawsa @PABamaFan @JScaro I've been following this thread for a while as I prepare to swap Raptor headlights into my '21 F-150 with factory halogens. I was hoping you guys could shed some light on an AB value that's got me scratching my head. Mod address 726-40-01 from a Raptor VIN reads 0303-0101-0177. X3X3 from the first set of values is for OutageHighBeam_Cfg and OutageLowBeam_Cfg to yield Outage_XDM. My '21 currently yields Outage_BCM for both HB & LB. My question is what is an XDM? Is it a module that isn't in my truck from factory? I can't find anything on google regarding an XDM so I'm thinking its not actually a seperate module. I really appreciate any help. Thanks!
Sponsored

SnareDrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lariat
I did my swap this week. The install was a pain but it was worth it. Love the look of the tremor projectors. Running the harnesses and pinning was a pita.
Ford F-150 LED projector upgrades IMG_5595
Ford F-150 LED projector upgrades IMG_5601
Ford F-150 LED projector upgrades IMG_5602

arlkal03

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Raptor
All, bringing this old thread back up. Still working through the issue on my indicators not working on raptor headlights. I am at the point where I have cleaned up all the coding and positive it’s correct and have all other features are working bending, brights, etc.

If anyone has a good shot of how the wires should be pinned at the headlight I would appreciate it. I got my p&p harness from PR. I’ve bugged a couple of you via DM and appreciate the help troubleshooting.

Hawsa

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A F-150
I pinned mine manually based on the wiring diagram for normal adaptive led lights. I'm sure you've seen it, but could send it over once I'm not on my phone. Been out for a week or so

arlkal03

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Raptor
I pinned mine manually based on the wiring diagram for normal adaptive led lights. I'm sure you've seen it, but could send it over once I'm not on my phone. Been out for a week or so
thanks man, yea would be curious to see once you’re back

Sponsored

arlkal03

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Raptor
Here you go
Thanks!

QQ, just trying to orient myself to trouble shoot the issue (feel like I’ve eliminated coding based on Hawsa’s excel), for connector C2280F what does position 17 & 6 actually control? Feel like that could have something to do with my overall issue with no indicator but I have them pinned correctly and in the right location. Based on the PDF at the start of this thread looks to impact turn signals but maybe I am wrong.

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat 501.5A
Occupation
Beer Drinker
Thanks!

QQ, just trying to orient myself to trouble shoot the issue (feel like I’ve eliminated coding based on Hawsa’s excel), for connector C2280F what does position 17 & 6 actually control? Feel like that could have something to do with my overall issue with no indicator but I have them pinned correctly and in the right location. Based on the PDF at the start of this thread looks to impact turn signals but maybe I am wrong.
Here's better PDF's
17&6 are for the turn signal indicator outage. When going from a regular bulb to LED

Attachments

arlkal03

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Raptor
Here's better PDF's
17&6 are for the turn signal indicator outage. When going from a regular bulb to LED
Massively helpful!

My plug and play harness has connector C1023 pin #1 pinned to #7 in C1284 instead of shared with Pin #15. Wonder if that could be causing the issue. Or wishful thinking.

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat 501.5A
Occupation
Beer Drinker
Massively helpful!

My plug and play harness has connector C1023 pin #1 pinned to #7 in C1284 instead of shared with Pin #15. Wonder if that could be causing the issue. Or wishful thinking.
Might, that's the ground. #7 should pass through grounding the headlight to the harness.

Sponsored

arlkal03

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Raptor
Might, that's the ground. #7 should pass through grounding the headlight to the harness.
Ok, will give it a shot, I do have a Raptor so I know I am short one wire based on other conversations I’ve seen.

Appreciate the help trouble shooting.

Hawsa

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302A F-150
JScaro sent what I was going to dig up! Keep us posted!

arlkal03

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Raptor
Ok this is wild and probably over my head. I did get things kind of working…

I decided to see is this really a coding issue or hardware/wiring issue. I decided to swap #2 and #9 in the C1284 connector. Essentially make the (CTRL MOD, the middle bar) the indicator. And low and behold it works! So I have a indicator but in the wrong spot.

I’ll call it progress and at least I have something that is street legal. Need to keep working on the DRL indicator but feeling like I made progress.

Really appreciate the PDFs from jscaro, w/o those I would be SOL. Awesome community!

gooby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XL
Am I correct to say that if I have a halogen to LED projector conversion with the full low/high beam harness, I can get glare-free enabled on an XL trim truck? I believe I'll have everything but the auto leveling feature.

OP
OP

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Am I correct to say that if I have a halogen to LED projector conversion with the full low/high beam harness, I can get glare-free enabled on an XL trim truck? I believe I'll have everything but the auto leveling feature.
Yes, as long as you have the HCM as well, and you wire them appropriately, you will get full functionality. You will need LHS ride height sensors for auto level
Sponsored