First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 1996 F150
Occupation
Accountant
Hello, forum. I've been stalking these boards for months and finally am making my first post. I'm a lifelong Ford fan, but I FINALLY one month ago got to buy a new Ford for the first time ever. 2021 3.5L EB XLT 302a. I'm in love with it like I knew I would be. However, I would like to update all the external lights that are not already LED. To me, Halogen and LED look so silly mixed with each other. I'll never get why Ford doesn't just make it all LED. Anyway, has anyone done this on a '21 model? Do you have to get into Forscan to fix hyperflash or other unforeseen negative outcomes? I believe I can upgrade the lights for about $100, but I'd like to know if anyone has come across any weird issues if they have already done so.
Sponsored

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Hello, forum. I've been stalking these boards for months and finally am making my first post. I'm a lifelong Ford fan, but I FINALLY one month ago got to buy a new Ford for the first time ever. 2021 3.5L EB XLT 302a. I'm in love with it like I knew I would be. However, I would like to update all the external lights that are not already LED. To me, Halogen and LED look so silly mixed with each other. I'll never get why Ford doesn't just make it all LED. Anyway, has anyone done this on a '21 model? Do you have to get into Forscan to fix hyperflash or other unforeseen negative outcomes? I believe I can upgrade the lights for about $100, but I'd like to know if anyone has come across any weird issues if they have already done so.
I believe you need to install power resistors on the wires at the sockets of the LED lights you change out. Truck will see a "LOAD" on the system and think all is good. No hyper-flash. Had to do it on my 2011 F 150.

OP
OP

CornFromAJar

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 1996 F150
Occupation
Accountant
I believe you need to install power resistors on the wires at the sockets of the LED lights you change out. Truck will see a "LOAD" on the system and think all is good. No hyper-flash. Had to do it on my 2011 F 150.
Well, I changed the signals and markers on my old '96 F150. It had hyperflash, but the only thing I changed was the turn signal modulator in the fuse box beneath the steering wheel, and it fixed it. So I know you CAN install them without resistors, but maybe you're right that you can't with the '21. I was just trying to reach someone that did it and either had no issues or fixed them with Forscan.
Sponsored