First Name
sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 XLT
Occupation
Manager
Not sure if this was caught by anyone else, there's been a lot of '22 chatter since yesterday.

I noticed in the order guide specifically for the XLT Black Appearance Package, the leather trimmed seats do not explicitly state 'heated', where the Lariat Black Package says "heated and ventilated". They wouldn't remove the heated seats from the XLT 302A when you get the Black Appearance Package, would they?

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 8.44.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 8.44.59 AM.png
My big questions are:
1. Will the Black Appearance keep the floor shifter? I've read it puts you back to column shifter. that makes no sense given you need the sport appearance to get the black appearance and sport comes with floor shifter. I do not want a column shifter..
2. will the heated seats still be included in black appearance. that is a deal breaker if not
3. armrest in the back seats would be awesome with the leather...

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
My big questions are:
1. Will the Black Appearance keep the floor shifter? I've read it puts you back to column shifter. that makes no sense given you need the sport appearance to get the black appearance and sport comes with floor shifter. I do not want a column shifter..
2. will the heated seats still be included in black appearance. that is a deal breaker if not
3. armrest in the back seats would be awesome with the leather...
1. Interesting catch, I didn't read that text close enough the first time. I wouldn't mind the column shifter. I was a bit disappointed that Sport only came with the console shifter. I don't like reading on here that people are getting stuck in park, that the shifter is getting stuck in the down position, etc.
2. Agreed, this would be a massive dealbreaker. But I can't imagine it's realistic. You've paid extra for 302A to get the heated seats and you've paid extra on top of that for the black package to get an upgrade to leather trimmed seats. The leather trimmed seats only come on 302A, so it would be ridiculous from a product perspective to remove something from an offering after upselling the customer twice.
That being said, the text in the order guide is not clear. And we have yet to see the build tool updated for 2022 models to know definitively.
3. That would be great - but this is the first I've heard of this. I was originally disappointed that XLTs didn't come with a rear arm rest.

AndehM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Tacoma, 2022 F-150 (on order)
Has anyone heard anything regarding the color of the seats for Lariat / Atlas Blue / Sport? When I started shopping for the '21 F-150, I loved the Velocity blue but hated the burgundy accent on the interior. I've got an order in for a '22 Lariat / Atlas blue / Black package, but my dealer was told that there's a material hold on the order due to the Black package. I'd be fine with dropping the Black package for Sport if it's just plain black interior. The ford.com website hasn't been updated to show the '22s yet. My dealer's going to ask his rep to see if they know.

Thanks in advance!

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
Has anyone heard anything regarding the color of the seats for Lariat / Atlas Blue / Sport? When I started shopping for the '21 F-150, I loved the Velocity blue but hated the burgundy accent on the interior. I've got an order in for a '22 Lariat / Atlas blue / Black package, but my dealer was told that there's a material hold on the order due to the Black package. I'd be fine with dropping the Black package for Sport if it's just plain black interior. The ford.com website hasn't been updated to show the '22s yet. My dealer's going to ask his rep to see if they know.

Thanks in advance!
im wondering the same thing. But the order guide only states ‘unique interior’ exactly the same as the 21‘s did.

i would bet money it’s identical

Sponsored

Aj1737

First Name
Aj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
I wonder how will the dual exhaust look like on the BAP. Is it going to be similar to the Tremor?

Handle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang
With the photos of the BAP it appears the headlights are slightly different then the standard. With the Platinum the spec is for LED Projector with Dynamic bending. On the Lariat the spec is LED Reflector

Question is will the BAP headlamps remain as spec per trim level In the BAP picture it looks like both vehicles have same headlights

I realize the BAP have smoked lense. But the housing seems slightly different from stock picture of Platinum and it raises the question if in the Platinum level trim will it remain LED Projector with Dynamic Bending when you get BAP

RR89

First Name
Poindexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
The guide doesn't say that Velocity blue is gone but it also doesn't show up in the colors at the bottom of the guide. I was going to order a Velocity 2022 Lariat Sport but it appears that doesn't exist anymore. It seems Atlas has replaced Velocity?

I wish the build site would update already....

sysop

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 Lariat 145 - 2022 F150 Lariat 157
Occupation
worker bee
I do not think it shows up in the order guides, but apparently one cannot order a long wheelbase in Space White and get the optional Extended Chrome steps. I was told Space White is only done in KC and the Extended Steps in Dearborn.

Sponsored

Tony Agoge

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer XLT, 2018 Mustang GT, 2020 Edge ST
Occupation
CF Community
So BAP (Canada) showing as late availability and a hold from what my dealer told be. Does anyone know when or what to expect for "late availability" when lokking at the BAP?

ZOSICK

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F 150 Lariat (on order)
So BAP (Canada) showing as late availability and a hold from what my dealer told be. Does anyone know when or what to expect for "late availability" when lokking at the BAP?
I just put my order in today (U.S.), mine says the same thing. However, got a low optioned Platinum. No bed liner or anything like that. Basically a stripped down platinum.

jrm7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
The order guide stating no forward sensing for 502A. That's incorrect. I just received my '22 502A and the bumper has 4 sensors in front. I was surprised.

Aj1737

First Name
Aj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
The order guide stating no forward sensing for 502A. That's incorrect. I just received my '22 502A and the bumper has 4 sensors in front. I was surprised.
Is this a Canada order?