• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I will most likely cancel my reservation, I refuse to pay MSRP + ADM at Koon’s Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
FordLightning

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Deposit on Ford Lightning
Just so we're all clear, are you talking about moving orders or moving reservations?

No one even has the former yet, and many of us have done the latter. Hell, I've moved dealers twice now, once to Chapman and then back to my original dealer. No hassle, no pushback, no paying multiple deposits.

Make sure you're calling Ford's reservation number, not the dealership!
Yes, of course I am referring to reservations that will imminently be converted to orders. If you tried to move your order back to Chapman today, you would be unsuccessful.
Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
A popular SUV is selling in my area at $5k-$18K dealer markup. I don't think these are ones that people ordered, but just new ones sitting on the lots. I really wish people wouldn't buy them with markups like that because that may cause the dealers to stop doing it, but if people want to throw money away and get no equity for it, that's their choice. I'm out.
At the same time..I kinda wish they would pay these markups and buy NOW. That gets them off the playing field and means less demand when the supply chain/manufacturing stabilizes and exceeds demand.

We've all seen this movie before. Auto mfrs will build and build quickly(more, more, more!!)for this demand. When demand cools and the cars keep on coming to dealer lots they'll have too many and begin to cut prices.

It will cycle and the bigger the up (like now) the bigger the fall. Only question is how much time until that happens....

Edit: the cycle time will be much longer for specialty vehicles like Lightning (several years)-- the next BIG thing. But normal vehicles will stabilize quicker.

FWIW it seems like the MME has already stabilzed somewhat. You can order one at MSRP(or slightly below) with minimal fuss.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
At the same time..I kinda wish they would pay these markups and buy NOW. That gets them off the playing field and means less demand when the supply chain/manufacturing stabilizes and exceeds demand.

We've all seen this movie before. Auto mfrs will build and build quickly(more, more, more!!)for this demand. When demand cools and the cars keep on coming to dealer lots they'll have too many and begin to cut prices.

It will cycle and the bigger the up (like now) the bigger the fall. Only question is how much time until that happens....

Edit: the cycle time will be much longer for specialty vehicles like Lightning (several years)-- the next BIG thing. But normal vehicles will stabilize quicker.

FWIW it seems like the MME has already stabilzed somewhat. You can order one at MSRP(or slightly below) with minimal fuss.
With an estimated 4-5 month wait on mach-e orders placed today.

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
Fair enough, Koon’s Ford has chosen to hurt their reputation over $500 (keep in mind this is the minimum they want to take advantage of me, no assurances otherwise). I did try to engage one of the great dealers (PA) offering fair prices within 2 hours of my house, but Ford told them they are limiting allocation and preventing them from accepting my order. I also stopped by another local dealer yesterday (Bob Bell Ford), but they were just as vague, and Apple Ford said there would be no assurances.

So, my 3 closest Ford dealers are not willing to agree on terms (markup, ADM, X-plan if available). This seems like a reasonable request, but I am not going to move my reservation to a different dealer if I don’t know if they will do the same thing!

So even though I am excited about the Lightning and it will be the first Ford owned since a Ford Contour or previous gen Bronco, I will bail. Principle…I don’t like or trust the dealer (who I never met, but I did try to resolve through an email and 2 phone calls), and I don’t like or trust how Ford is handling this issue. Let me get my reservation through the dealer of my choice!

This is simply a fun vehicle for me…my other vehicles on short list were (Ford Maverick, Mach-e (which are now also excluded), Range Rover Defender, Rivian, BMW 3 series, or Audi (electric or A4). The frustration is I have been talking up the Lightning with my wife for the last few months, with the biggest concern of whether it will fit in my garage. My friend just picked up a slightly used BMW M4 Competition for $65K, that could also work.…about the same money. Daughter is inheriting my car within the next year, so time is on my side.

My other frustration; I didn’t hedge my bets like others and make pre-orders on multiple brands.
Thanks for your posts. My reservation was placed on 5/20/21 - day after launch - and I chose Hagerstown Ford over Frederick Ford (at one point looked at ICE F-150 a year or so ago and no one from GM to sales rep to another - yes three emails to Frederick Ford) was ever addressed - if they don't care enough about a sale to reply I'm not really interested in rewarding their indifference.

Chasinsparks

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Sho, 2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired United States Army
> I had good luck with Centruy Ford Mt Airy MD When I ordered my 21 Limited PB

Sponsored

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Is it just Chapman Ford who knows that they have exceeded their 2022 allocation? I didn't think that any dealers had that info. I am just trying to stay in line for hopefully late 2023.

OP
OP
FordLightning

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Is it just Chapman Ford who knows that they have exceeded their 2022 allocation? I didn't think that any dealers had that info. I am just trying to stay in line for hopefully late 2023.
Thanks, that I don’t know. It might only be impacting the dealers who aggressively advertised their terms on forums and gained a substantial foothold on reservations.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
"Is it just Chapman Ford who *THINKS* that they have exceeded their 2022 allocation?"

There I fixed it for you. Until our Granger or other dealer rep confirms Ford has allocated (and TOLD dealers this allocation) I remain skeptical of this assertion.

Also...isn't this only part of the equation-- we still don't know how many reservations will get converted to orders nor do we know how many 2022s Ford will actually build. (Ford may know how many they intend to build, but we all know that can/will change)

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Dealers are realizing people aren't going to put up with their BS and are switching dealers. Your original dealer flat out lied to you about not being able to transfer to try and retain your business and take ADM from you.

I believe nothing a dealership tells me at this point. They exist in this situation to take money they haven't earned (they didn't get these sales, Ford did).

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
"Is it just Chapman Ford who *THINKS* that they have exceeded their 2022 allocation?"

There I fixed it for you. Until our Granger or other dealer rep confirms Ford has allocated (and TOLD dealers this allocation) I remain skeptical of this assertion.
Dealers have received no communication from Ford about orders. That tells me that they also have no clue about "allocation".

Let's step away from the panic button until Ford makes some statements.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FordLightning

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Also...isn't this only part of the equation-- we still don't know how many reservations will get converted to orders nor do we know how many 2022s Ford will actually build. (Ford may know how many they intend to build, but we all know that can/will change)
OK, you seem to be ignoring facts. I created this thread to confirm the concerns raised in another thread about allocation impacting the ability to move orders. I had a well regarded dealer on this forum inform me they were not allowed to accept additional reservations “per Ford”. I provided names and details. For $500 I will send you the email. ;-)

I also asserted at least 3 local dealers in my market were not willing to confirm terms verbally or in writing (fact), and that Koon’s Ford in Annapolis was committed to adding a $500 fee above MSRP at a minimum (fact).

Candidly, this info isn’t for you…you seem dumb as a rock. I am just trying to help the community.

I’m assuming you are unemployed or underworked to be so active in responding to my thread. Either way, you have not provided any additional value. Everything you shared that was factual was already known.

gpbst3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
Remember the PT Cruisers when those first came out? Perfect case study.

I was just going to mention the PT. People were paying like 5k over sticker and they were happy to do so to be the first ones in the car.

I really cant feel bad for you. You want to be the first to have a truck of this kind. That comes at a cost. Add on the "pandemic pricing" to this mess. People are paying thousands over sticker for a Kia SUV. I would feel lucky to only pay $500 over sticker if I was chomping at the bit for the newest of the new. You mention about dropping $60k for a used BMW so I dont think money is an issue.

The $500 is $8.33 month on a 5 year loan.

OP
OP
FordLightning

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dealers are realizing people aren't going to put up with their BS and are switching dealers. Your original dealer flat out lied to you about not being able to transfer to try and retain your business and take ADM from you.

I believe nothing a dealership tells me at this point. They exist in this situation to take money they haven't earned (they didn't get these sales, Ford did).
I think you misunderstand the situation. The original dealer didn’t tell me I couldn’t switch, this is done through Ford and is easy enough. The dealer I wanted to transfer the reservation to said they were not allowed to accept anymore reservations.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
The $500 is $8.33 month on a 5 year loan.
Op certainly spends more than this on coffee.

I think it's more about complaining online to get attention than anything else.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.