• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I will most likely cancel my reservation, I refuse to pay MSRP + ADM at Koon’s Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Deposit on Ford Lightning
I’m very frustrated since I reserved the Lightning back in May and Koon’s Ford in Annapolis, Maryland is insisting on at least $500 ADM and no commitment on terms; other local dealers seem just as slimey. If Ford won’t let me switch to an honest dealer I will bail and switch to another brand.
Sponsored

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Most dealers will mark up new popular vehicles if they’re in high demand. Maybe put in a reservation for an EV truck from a company that doesn’t use a slimy dealer network? ?

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
They'll let you switch dealers, even more than once. It doesn't affect your timestamp and you'll even get your deposit back. The issue is finding one of those good dealers to switch to.
Most dealers will mark up new popular vehicles if they’re in high demand. Maybe put in a reservation for an EV truck from a company that doesn’t use a slimy dealer network? ?
That only works if you actually want a Tesla or Rivian.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
There are cheaper EV truck options:

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Try Sheehy. Never bought from them...service dept was good

Sponsored
OP
OP
FordLightning

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Our Infiniti was bought with Sheehy and we’ve been pleased. I did try switching to one of the higher rated dealers in this forum but they were warned by Ford they would not be getting additional allocation.

Rivian is certainly an option, I am also willing to go in a different direction altogether, since I don’t need a pickup.

Wolf Man

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Pretty sure the Raptor goes for MSRP and no doubt a lot of dealers put ADM on those. Although the Lightning won't be a speciality vehicle like the Raptor the Lightning could end up on this list and if it does best you'll most likely get is MSRP and a good chance with the popularity it may be sold for MSRP+ first couple of years but who knows? It's all speculation for now.

Ford F-150 Lightning I will most likely cancel my reservation, I refuse to pay MSRP + ADM at Koon’s Ford 2021-10-23 (1)

OP
OP
FordLightning

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It would be one thing…if demand was high and prices were raised over time, or new reservations went for additional…however, I placed my reservation within 24 hours of launch.

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I’m very frustrated since I reserved the Lightning back in May and Koon’s Ford in Annapolis, Maryland is insisting on at least $500 ADM and no commitment on terms; other local dealers seem just as slimey. If Ford won’t let me switch to an honest dealer I will bail and switch to another brand.
What do you mean no commitment on terms? They might the ADM requirements when the truck comes in or make you take BS options such as pin stripes, door edge guard and nitrogen in the tires or both?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I don't see how anyone can object to paying MSRP for a vehicle that just doesn't need to be discounted.

So it really comes down to any fee or charge above that. Or the now infamous "ADM".

I assure you that I wish nobody would be asked to pay above MSRP, just on principle. But if what stands between me and the early release F150 EV that was built to my exact order, is $500?

That's like getting mugged and all they got was the cold drink in my hand. No way they're stealing my EV joy!

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I don't see how anyone can object to paying MSRP for a vehicle that just doesn't need to be discounted.

So it really comes down to any fee or charge above that. Or the now infamous "ADM".

I assure you that I wish nobody would be asked to pay above MSRP, just on principle. But if what stands between me and the early release F150 EV that was built to my exact order, is $500?

That's like getting mugged and all they got was the cold drink in my hand. No way they're stealing my EV joy!
But what if it is $10k or $20k as a few unfortunate souls have seen for Bronco and Mach-e orders.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
But what if it is $10k or $20k as a few unfortunate souls have seen for Bronco and Mach-e orders.
That would be a very different thread.

This thread is about walking away from a $500 mugging. Not 10 or 20 thousand. Which was my point. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.