DouG14F150

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, looking for some insight. Bought a 2021 F150 XLT with the 302A package October last year, in March my 12" screen started to black out. At first it only happened if I drove it 20 minutes or more, then it gradually got to the point it wouldn't come on at all.

Took it to the dealership in March, was told they needed to reset the APIM, that didn't fix it. They decided it needed a new screen; I waited three weeks for a loaner, they got the new screen, that didn't fix it. Now they say it needs a new APIM, 2 to 3 weeks to get the part. I've had the loaner since April 22nd and still no part. Ford claims they've escalated the situation, but they still haven't heard from the parts supplier.

Should I start the buyback process at this point? Would it even go anywhere since it's a supply chain issue? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, looking for some insight. Bought a 2021 F150 XLT with the 302A package October last year, in March my 12" screen started to black out. At first it only happened if I drove it 20 minutes or more, then it gradually got to the point it wouldn't come on at all.

Took it to the dealership in March, was told they needed to reset the APIM, that didn't fix it. They decided it needed a new screen; I waited three weeks for a loaner, they got the new screen, that didn't fix it. Now they say it needs a new APIM, 2 to 3 weeks to get the part. I've had the loaner since April 22nd and still no part. Ford claims they've escalated the situation, but they still haven't heard from the parts supplier.

Should I start the buyback process at this point? Would it even go anywhere since it's a supply chain issue? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
Good afternoon. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to look further into your situation on my end.

Rickam

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F150KingRanch71 Mach179MarkV63GalaxieXL
Occupation
Retired
Hey guys,

I had the random black out issue on my 2021 king ranch I took it to the dealer and they put a brand new APIM Module they had a software programming issue . A lot of my vehicle settings not working NAV Sirus radio cameras etc. after 3 weeks of driving like that, I told the dealer to put up my old module back in I could live with the random blackouts. if you turn the lights on and off the screen would go on or put it in reverse. That was April I had a escalated claim with Ford they said they couldn’t do anything they are a software programing issue and they would notify me ASAP three months now and I haven’t heard anything. The problem is they don’t know if it’s going to be solved next week or next month or next year they cannot give me an answer. I know if they have your car for 30 days collectively you can get the buyback program through your Better Business Bureau and they will have to refund your full purchase price and taxes. It seems to be a growing issue with the F1 50s APIMs I don’t know why they cannot program them correctly.

OP
OP

DouG14F150

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Sorry to hear you had a similar issue! Mine started as random, then progressed to just gone. Man I hope they get you sorted out soon, you dropped some $$$ for the king ranch, that's rough that it's not working!
Sponsored