Cat back exhaust void warranty?

Nomis

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat FX4 w/ 5.0
Was about to get an MBRP system installed and my go to shop warned me that it'll void my warranty. Been trying to get in touch with the stealership about it but am getting the silent treatment.

I was under the impression that as long as you don't touch the cats you're fine.

Usually I just cut the muffler out and replace it but this time I went with a full cat back. GM even replaced my engine under warranty after I messed with my exhaust.

Is voiding warranty for cat back really a thing?

I should note I am in Canada and we don't have the Magnussen Act
Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!

B-real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Tremor 3.5
What gets covered under warranty and what doesnt often times comes down to the dealership and their discretion. If a dealer feels like they will get reimbursed from Ford on warranty for something then it usually isnt an issue, but some dealerships feel that certain things are a gray area, and rather than risk Ford denying the claim and their reimbursement (and therefore the costs coming out of their pocket since they told the customer it would be covered), it seems some dealerships would rather just tell customers up front that something isnt covered, even if there are others who have had the same issue covered at other dealers.

In your specific case, I cant see any reason why a cat back exhaust would void warranty on anything ahead of the new system, and I would also assume that MBRP would warranty their own parts. But if you are worried about something failing and not being covered, make sure whatever the dealership tells you is in writing rather than just verbal.

OP
OP
Nomis

Nomis

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat FX4 w/ 5.0
Ok SO I spoke with the service department manager and he said 100% will not void warranty as it is after the cats, as I suspected. The shop was just trying to save me grief.
Sponsored