Ford removing Park Assist from all vehicles

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Doesn't Hitch Assist (or whatever the self driving version is called) require the same IPMA chip that Park Assist requires?
Sponsored

Micho523

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
Occupation
Engineer
Doesn't Hitch Assist (or whatever the self driving version is called) require the same IPMA chip that Park Assist requires?
My 2023 has hitch assist, but park assist is deleted. I picked up a fully featured 2021 IPMA to add back APA, but haven't gotten around to putting it in. I want to be sure BC 1.4 will work on it first.

Micho523

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502a
Occupation
Engineer
Those sensors are not used in any capacity due to the LIN chip that communicates with them not being present. BLIS uses the radar units in the tail lights. Pretty crazy that for 2 years ford kept installing the wiring and the sensors despite them not actually having any means to communicate with the vehicle itself.
Wouldn't these sensors still be used for BlueCruise?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Pulling into parking hangar this morning. At an angle to the wall.
One of those outside sensors is the sensor that warned earliest.

(and yes, this is a parking spot that accommodates 2-slots for a single vehicle. Ideal for this loooong land yacht)

Ford F-150 Ford removing Park Assist from all vehicles 20240212_104726

2Lazy2P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 3.5 EB Platinum FX4 701A
I rely on the proximity sensor alerts whenever I park. Too many blind spots for me to consider without using it.

Sponsored

shalabama

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I rely on the proximity sensor alerts whenever I park. Too many blind spots for me to consider without using it.
Same here. Nice to have another set of “eyes” watching out for me while navigating tight quarters.
But curious if there’s a quick way to temporarily shut off the audio alert before it drives you nuts when you are already aware that you're adjacent to an obstacle.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
APA has 6 sensors front, 6 rear. If you're not able to see the 'side' sonar show up but they're present on the vehicle, your LIN chip for the side sonars isn't present and APA is not available. Here's what happens w/

Side APA sonar indicating orange proximity here (you should also see it pop up in drive-thrus)
Ford F-150 Ford removing Park Assist from all vehicles 1707769874281

v non APA 4 sonar front end - APA sonar is on the side
Ford F-150 Ford removing Park Assist from all vehicles 1707769579296

Create your own box test like this to see if your side sonars are alive, if equipped. Place box and drive into it to see if side sonars are alive or not.
Ford F-150 Ford removing Park Assist from all vehicles 1707770104030

Last edited:

Moe7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor
Just set this up to demonstrate:

Ford F-150 Ford removing Park Assist from all vehicles 20240212_172617

jasonmi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Powerboost
Not just park assist they are deleting, the keypad on the door has also been eliminated on most vehicles in the lineup. Bronco, Bronco sport, Maverick, Escape, Edge and now Explorer(25my) have all had it eliminated. They do have dealer installed version that is basically a sticker on the door - don’t worry it doesn’t fall off until about the 10th time in the car wash. It is very quiet when they remove it so will probably disappear form the f150/expedition for the 2025 model year seems it’s the latest in the big cost cutting moves.

While I don’t use the keypad everyday but love the feature when I need it. Locking keys in the car when skiing or hiking is always better than worrying about losing them. Plus Ford knows owners just expect it to be there and they will own the car by the time it has been removed and will adjust to not having it. “Just use your phone with Ford pass” oh and shhhh we’re going to start charging you to use that a yearly fee in a few years. 20-30 billion per year in subscription fees is the goal.

jhelrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 CC Platinum FX4 5.0 4X4 3.73 LB
Just take your truck through a car wash. You'll see every sensor light up!

I've never used PA, nor would I need it. With that said, I'll have to try it sometime. I don't mind the walk from the back of the lot.

Sponsored

CindyC-IL

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Occupation
Business Systems Analyst
I use it all the time and love it.

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Not just park assist they are deleting, the keypad on the door has also been eliminated on most vehicles in the lineup. Bronco, Bronco sport, Maverick, Escape, Edge and now Explorer(25my) have all had it eliminated. They do have dealer installed version that is basically a sticker on the door - don’t worry it doesn’t fall off until about the 10th time in the car wash. It is very quiet when they remove it so will probably disappear form the f150/expedition for the 2025 model year seems it’s the latest in the big cost cutting moves.

While I don’t use the keypad everyday but love the feature when I need it. Locking keys in the car when skiing or hiking is always better than worrying about losing them. Plus Ford knows owners just expect it to be there and they will own the car by the time it has been removed and will adjust to not having it. “Just use your phone with Ford pass” oh and shhhh we’re going to start charging you to use that a yearly fee in a few years. 20-30 billion per year in subscription fees is the goal.
The key pad is 100% the reason I haven't considered another truck. I have 5 employees that need access to my truck. I always leave my key fob.
Ford pass is just too dam slow. Got to pull out my phone, open a app, press a button and wait 30 seconds. God dam are 85k trucks getting that cheep? This one deletion has pissed me off.
Sponsored