Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Good evening all, new to this forum.
I know this was discussed quite a lot but cannot seem to find thread on it.
I have a 2022 Platinum that came with the park assist delete credit on the window sticker, and for some reason they added adaptive steering which I did not order.
I would like to know if the parking assist can be added later Simply by adding a module when chips are available. I have all the sensors on front and rear bumpers and they work excellent. I have the “P” button above the infotainment screen that takes you into the parking screen when pressed, where I can turn front or rear sensors on or off. Would having the “P” button active and installed indicate that I have all the hardware installed for prep kit, just missing module or chip?
Please advise
Thanks
Sponsored

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
If you look around page 9 on that thread... Some chip is missing from 2022+ IPMA might be the reason for the delete. It might be 'just' swapping out the IPMA with a 2021 model from higher end (that has park assist). I bought one for $200 from EBAY from a 2021 platinum so there doesn't yet seem to be a price spike of older/better equipped IPMAs. I am going to do a video on this whole process (plus some other stuff) once my truck comes in. I just got a window sticker today so could be 3 weeks to 2-3 months+

OP
OP

Greyford

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Thanks Personalt