Ford Performance Whipple kit installers

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
24s are going to be the duds of the 14th gen F150s.
Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
24s are going to be the duds of the 14th gen F150s.
exactly. I see 24's on the lots now, dealer in Houston has 24's with the 5.0...says they will do Whipple. But I bet its really detuned compared to 21-23 5.0s, which E85 is optional.

Regulations :(

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
I have a local dealer who does both Whipple and Roush and I was informed if I took my 45k mile truck to install, no warranty is applicable.
45,000 miles? That’s right… it’s 3 years or 36,000 miles…

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
45,000 miles? That’s right… it’s 3 years or 36,000 miles…
This was well before, maybe 15k miles on the truck
I was informed if now I wanted to bring the truck in to install a Whipple or Roush that the warranty would not be applicable as it's not a new truck purchased and kit installed prior to customer delivery.

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
This was well before, maybe 15k miles on the truck…
Ah… gotcha… maybe that’s how that dealer does it I guess, but it’s not how the warrantee reads and as others point out. Frankly, I wouldn’t want it on a brand spanking new engine. It’s so tempting to see what it can do… maybe it’s fine but hammering on brand new engine with an added supercharger seems like asking for trouble… let the components get to know one another…. Just my $0.02…

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Malloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Roush F150 Lariat; 2021 Tundra TRD Pro
Occupation
Military
This was well before, maybe 15k miles on the truck
I was informed if now I wanted to bring the truck in to install a Whipple or Roush that the warranty would not be applicable as it's not a new truck purchased and kit installed prior to customer delivery.
If I am reading your comment correctly, you were told at the 15k mile mark that no warranty would apply because it wasn't installed prior to delivery? That installer gave you bad information since both Whipple and Roush provide warranty coverage through the initial 3yr/36k mile (you would have had 21k miles of remaining coverage in that scenario). And that is not 3yr/36k miles from install date, thus no coverage in your 45k mile scenario.

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That is correct.

I was shopping around at the time and decided to not go S/C. If it were something I was going to pursue, I would have pressed the issue on that. Good to know for reference if anyone out there runs into a similar situation.

If I am reading your comment correctly, you were told at the 15k mile mark that no warranty would apply because it wasn't installed prior to delivery? That installer gave you bad information since both Whipple and Roush provide warranty coverage through the initial 3yr/36k mile (you would have had 21k miles of remaining coverage in that scenario). And that is not 3yr/36k miles from install date, thus no coverage in your 45k mile scenario.

OP
OP

Malloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Military
Agree with you @TexasTruck. I have been a borderline idiot during the break in period without a SC, and can only imagine what would have happened with one installed at delivery! I also personally like to drive the stock vehicle for awhile to get a good feel for it and see what "needs" to upgraded.

OP
OP

Malloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Military
Completely understand your decision @MJG44. I can honestly say this is the first vehicle that I have ever purchased that I am in absolutely no hurry to upgrade a single thing.

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Completely understand your decision @MJG44. I can honestly say this is the first vehicle that I have ever purchased that I am in absolutely no hurry to upgrade a single thing.
Well, I can't say I haven't messed around with my truck....total opposite of that 😅.
Opted to not go S/C as I drive a ton, read some mixed reviews with cats, those two vendors didn't recommend a pre axle exhaust which I already had and after my Livernois tune I enjoyed my truck's drivability and power.

Learned my lesson from past crazy high HP trucks that something turn key and reliable is one less thing to stress over.

OP
OP

Malloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Military
I stand corrected. :ROFLMAO: Sounds like you have a very nice set-up already, and I share your concerns with the cats on a SC application. At least I have some time to learn a lot more about the topic and be better prepared when the time arrives for that.
Sponsored