First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Thanks @Davidwnuc ... Right, you have to transfer the OEM injectors to the FP/Whipple fuel rails.
i vote for inspecting them lube them and leave them on the injectors.
This makes the most sense to me too. I guess once you see the injectors you might feel differently. I wonder what the part number is for the fuel injector o-ring set....
Sponsored

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Hm.... the 5.0 has two sets of injectors. Which injectors are we transferring to the new FP/Whipple fuel rails? The port injectors or the direct injectors?

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
NVM, they are the PI or the port injectors. Kind of a dumb question after looking at the instructions again....
Ford F-150 Ford Performance Whipple? 1695152300589

Underside of the manifold showing a hole where the injector sprays...
Ford F-150 Ford Performance Whipple? 1695152368720

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Howdy.... my FP/Whipple arrived safely. I opened the boxes and checked off each component, one by one on the enclosed bill of materials, no missing parts. I must say, it is nicely packaged and labeled. You can't make a DIY any easier except maybe include an installer. Also, even the lower manifold is heavy - wow!

Last edited:

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!

Sponsored

Dale B

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150(on order), SL500, S430, Boxster, 930, CJ5
Occupation
Retired
I have a question about the exhaust on a supercharged 5.0. Back in my hot rodding days, the first thing to go was a single exhaust. I know that the EPA would have something to say about that today.
I question whether the single catalytic converter can handle the increased flow from the added supercharger. I find it hard to believe that there is that much over design in the factory exhaust.
Has anyone split the exhaust and added another cat to make a dual exhaust?
I have heard of problems with the single cat under hard use.

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Hey @Dale B … good question… the 2021+ 5.0 has dual cats from the factory. They meet at a Y pipe to a single 3” on back to a resonator, muffler, tail pipe(s), etc.

I’ve read so many conflicting things… some guys move the cats further down stream to form true duals. I’ve also read the factory exhaust flows well enough for SC applications. That the factory cats can handle boosted 750HP 🤷‍♂️ I don't know what to believe...

But yeah… most agree cats are a concern in SC applications… how to mitigate it seems to be a mystery or at least I haven’t found the right solution :)

Last edited:

Dale B

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150(on order), SL500, S430, Boxster, 930, CJ5
Occupation
Retired
Hey @Dale B … good question… the 2021+ 5.0 has dual cats from the factory. They meet at a Y pipe to a single 3” on back to a resonator, muffler, tail pipe(s), etc.

I’ve read so many conflicting things… some guys move the cats further down stream to form true duals. I’ve also read the factory exhaust flows well enough for SC applications. That the factory cats can handle boosted 750HP.

But yeah… most agree cats are a concern in SC applications… how to mitigate it seems to be a mystery or at least I haven’t found the right solution :)
Thanks. My RCSB 5.0, 4x4 is in production this week. I will probably have to wait a month to start exploring the underside and how it is laid out. I had no idea that it might come with a cat on each side.

TexasTruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 STX BAP
Occupation
I fix software bugs!
Thanks. My RCSB 5.0, 4x4 is in production this week. I will probably have to wait a month to start exploring the underside and how it is laid out. I had no idea that it might come with a cat on each side.
Awesome! Congratulations! They look so cool IMO. Some owners really deck them out as I'm sure you know. I'm sure you'll get well aquatinted with your new wheels :)

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Bronco, KTM 1290R

I’ve read so many conflicting things… some guys move the cats further down stream to form true duals. I’ve also read the factory exhaust flows well enough for SC applications. That the factory cats can handle boosted 750HP 🤷‍♂️ I don't know what to believe...

Being that I have a '24 RCSB on order that will get supercharged, I've been exploring some of those same claims about the exhaust and cats. I'm most likely going Roush, but haven't ruled out Whipple.

The Ford Performance Whipple kit is claimed, by Ford in the description, to be tested to 100k miles standards, so I'm going to assume that's with factory exhaust. I'd think Roush would/should be similar but their tunes are different, so it's anyone's guess.

I happened to check out SPD's website and they have and they have catted down-pipes for the 5.0 that would let someone do a dual exhaust set up. I know Raptor is in it's description and I haven't contacted them yet to make sure, but it seems they could/should work on a non-Raptor.
Page to the 5.0 down-pipes

Cheap they are not, especially if you go with the GESI cats, but those are some of the best top of the line cats available if you can stomach their price. (I can't )

Sponsored

StarLord

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Occupation
Pilot
Thanks @Davidwnuc ... Right, you have to transfer the OEM injectors to the FP/Whipple fuel rails.

This makes the most sense to me too. I guess once you see the injectors you might feel differently. I wonder what the part number is for the fuel injector o-ring set....
Stage 2 kit on mine and love it. That being said as soon as I can I will be getting it tuned by Lund Performance. The Whipple calibration is reliable and decent for a daily commuter.

1694786919724.png
This is the first RCSB I’ve seen in the center console configuration. It was ordered that way?