Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
What part number did you use for the driver door? They are saying that the ML3Z-13C724-A is discontinued and no longer available.
That's what I used, I would try another seller.
And I’m thinking It can’t be discontinued because it fit a 21/22 Ford Trucks. ….
Sponsored

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
They are asking $110 for shipping for my Texas address. And yes, the cup holder AND shipping was $32???

I don't get it. Something is very different about those little harnesses. Lol
I did notice though you have one or two different shipping options, the last time I bought something there it was like $15, but they was another indicator/ if I wanted to pay like $85 or $90 expedited -I didn’t choose that option

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
That's what I used, I would try another seller.
And I’m thinking It can’t be discontinued because it fit a 21/22 Ford Trucks. ….
It's odd because last night I could add that part to my cart, but today it's discontinued.

It's possible they have decided that if they ever need to replace it that they won't put in the second LED strip, even on a '21.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I did notice though you have one or two different shipping options, the last time I bought something there it was like $15, but they was another indicator/ if I wanted to pay like $85 or $90 expedited -I didn’t choose that option
This is from another seller that I Found that had them all 4 for sale still.

Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light 1657919239041

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Architect
there is something about ML3Z-13C724-A.

I can get the other 3 for ~$25 in shipping, but getting the 4th from another place (since oempartsource doesn't have it anymore) is at the least $27 for me...some as high as in the 40s.

Might just bite the bullet anyways.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I decided to just go to my local dealership since the shipping was going to eat up any online discounts anyway.

They obviously couldn't, or WOULDN'T compete on price, but still beat the overall total by about $40

He did state that whatever he was looking at showed backordered.

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I did you a solid. For fun I confirmed the upper fairings can come off before you do anything else, and I took pics. Start by lightly pulling the edge of the fairing as you referred adjacent to the work station area. Pictures show the forward facing tabs and the clips that fight each other when you pull away from the HVAC controls.

Rusty Maroon background is original paint of the 1969 F-100 Ranger Shortbed! (390c.i., column shift 3-speed Borg Werner Overdrive)

PXL_20220714_010308569.jpg
PXL_20220714_010333227.jpg
PXL_20220714_010424565.jpg
PXL_20220714_010444507.jpg
PXL_20220714_010527192.jpg
PXL_20220714_010550692.jpg
This was a tremendous help! Thank you!!!! I managed to get all the bolts out and move the console back just enough. Removed the console cover, and replaced the cup holder. Now for the final parts. Need to figure the harness and running each cable to the media bin and through the footwell.

Last edited:

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
This was a tremendous help! Thank you!!!! I managed to get all the bolts out and move the console back just enough. Removed the console cover, and replaced the cup holder. Now for the final parts. Need to figure the harness and running each cable to the media bin and through the foot well.
Well, I finally finished the installation of the cup holder, media bin lights, and have the glove compartment prepped for the light when it arrived. It's good to see the ambient light features back on this truck again. I would like to give a big thanks to both @JHForman812 for providing the tools to get this job done, and the support and willingness to help get through the finish line. I also want to thank @Vw64guy for going out of his way to provide an alternate route to accomplishing the initial task. I though I'd never start this ordeal, so thank you both!

Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light F7F9AF14-9DE0-4D7F-91F7-82EE1CBCF02E

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Now that I see a nice picture of the media light I think I will have to definitely add that in if I do end up doing the cup holder lights.

Was there much involved with the media light or was the easy compared to the cupholder?

Sponsored

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Now that I see a nice picture of the media light I think I will have to definitely add that in if I do end up doing the cup holder lights.

Was there much involved with the media light or was the easy compared to the cupholder?
Some of the trucks seem to be coming with the harness for the media bin tucked behind the shifter as I've heard and seen from recent sales, but it's almost impossible to connect the light without removing the shifter. I had this feature, but once I got inside the media console, I didn't want to have to remove the shifter compartment as well, so I used the harness the member of this group provided. Connecting the media bin portion is simple and straightforward once you know where each connector goes.

So far, I've seen two routes to having these lights installed. One way is to remove the center trim between the 12" touchscreen and HVAC, and removing bolts to pull the HVAC forward to allow access to remove the shifter/cup holder cover. I chose to go the alternate route @Vw64guy had gone, because I was on the hook of removing that top plastic center trim. I will tell you that going the route I decided to follow, requires the center console to be moved completely back around 8+ inches give or take in order to remove that shifter/cup holder cover to access the space. There is a bit of tug with the harness connection to the cup holders because of that center console move. One you place the back portion of the cover back on, and slide the center console in just a bit, you'll be able to make that final connection. You'll know what I'm talking about once you get to this point. Again, the harness was intended to go with route #1. This approach was just an alternate way of doing things that came about much later. I'm sure many would prefer going the first route. I was just a bit chicken to deal with that long plastic trim. :p

Best of luck on your installation. Please feel free to ask me any questions.

Last edited:

sippy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 f150 platinum
I said I would report back on my experience returning a cupholder that I received without lights that I ordered and received from OEMPARTSOURCE.COM.

Per their policy and my requests....they do not do exchanges...if you get the wrong part....you send it back and they refund you 7-10 days later(you pay shipping for return.) . They do not refund the shipping either way. Then you have to reorder and pay shipping again.

I will say their pricing good is and service upon ordering was quick.

So in the end I would say...if you are ordering a part with a higher than usual chance of being wrong....they may not be a good source.

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
I said I would report back on my experience returning a cupholder that I received without lights that I ordered and received from OEMPARTSOURCE.COM.

Per their policy and my requests....they do not do exchanges...if you get the wrong part....you send it back and they refund you 7-10 days later(you pay shipping for return.) . They do not refund the shipping either way. Then you have to reorder and pay shipping again.

I will say their pricing good is and service upon ordering was quick.

So in the end I would say...if you are ordering a part with a higher than usual chance of being wrong....they may not be a good source.
i know a lot of people hate going to their local dealer buT they woulda been able to do an exchange

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
Sorry to ask this here, someone mentioned the secondary door part number and it got me wondering, how many doing the console lighting plan to do the doors?

I am not quite seeing the utility in the second row lights compared to adding in the media bin or glovebox, especially with some light already coming from the top row and footwell. The $200 and added time of dealing with 4 door panels doesn't seem to give that same return on investment or usefulness of the console mod.

About to order the console parts, what am I missing? Dont feel compelled to do it just because 21 had them. Still trying to get over the sticker shock of the used temp panel. Speaking of which, how do we get the actual part number for the temp panel of same trim '21?. The ebay listing mentioned earlier doesnt seem to come up for me.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Is everyone who made a harness using 22g wire? I got alarm wire from Lowes and it is noticeably thinner (I think just shielding)
Sponsored