Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
I think so as others have stated that the upper part of the door is still illuminated with a little bit of light
This little guy still exists:

Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light 1658413812692

The tube for the lower is gone
Sponsored

Papaw2018

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Civil Engineer Tech
This little guy still exists:

1658413812692.png

The tube for the lower is gone
I’m not wanting to start another panic on this topic(ambient lighting),
Do you know if the ambient lighting still exist under the front driver and passenger seats to illuminate the rear backseat floorboard?
Thanks

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB 7.2k 4x4 157"
Occupation
Engineer
I’m not wanting to start another panic on this topic(ambient lighting),
Do you know if the ambient lighting still exist under the front driver and passenger seats to illuminate the rear backseat floorboard?
Thanks
My truck has this

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
Time will tell on these door leds. I've now had all my orders canceled for a few different places.
I think I have news on the front door lights after talking to a parts manager today. One has an expected in stock date, another shows in transit. He was comfortable they are not discontinued as it would show differently. So it’ll be a while, but should be coming.

They all cancel now if its not immediately available. The downside is you have to keep checkin, but it’s better than them being discontinued.

Sponsored

rpold150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Platinum
Ordered the cup holder from Village Ford Parts, villagefordparts.com, and it arrived yesterday with the fully lit cup holder. I think something was backordered, so it took a bit for it to ship and arrive.

I have all the parts and wiring harness. Now, I just need a truck to put it in. :)

Part Number​
Part Name​
Price​
Quantity​
Total​
ML3Z-1513562-CB​
Cup Holder​
$20.69​
1​
$20.69​
ML3Z-14A411-C​
Glove Box Lamp​
$25.11​
1​
$25.11​
ML3Z*14A318*C​
Wiring Assembly Interior Lamp​
$22.85​
1​
$22.85​

sippy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 f150 platinum
Reporting back after receiving cupholder without lights from oempartsource. I ordred from local dealership...picked up today...wala...it has the missing lights. Cost me 32.98....wishing I would have went that way from the beginning knowing there was a chance it may be wrong. I'm only out the $20 but would have saved me the frustration.

Lesson learned... always read return policy when ordering. Not all online sellers are the same.

TexAg08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Finally got around to doing this install. Took me about 1.5hrs total. Big shout out to @JHForman812 for the harness, and @Vw64guy for the alternative install method. Parts were ordered online, locally from Gullo Ford. Was going to order from Village Ford, but I couldn’t get free shipping, and if returns were in order, my local dealer is right down the road.

Moving the center console was pretty straight forward. The six bolts were 10mm and seemed really tight to begin with, but eventually loosened up and came out without issue. There is a single 7mm bolt holding the driver side beauty panel. Wires were all routed as per the original post and the harness had plenty of length for the alternative method of sliding the center console back.

I did end up removing the shifter to help install the media bin light. Was very simple, just four 10mm bolts with one being hid under the place where the shifter stows. Note for @JHForman812, I did have the factory connector for the media bin, but it was not hot.

All in all, very simple install, and well worth the cost.

OP
OP

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
Finally got around to doing this install. Took me about 1.5hrs total. Big shout out to @JHForman812 for the harness, and @Vw64guy for the alternative install method. Parts were ordered online, locally from Gullo Ford. Was going to order from Village Ford, but I couldn’t get free shipping, and if returns were in order, my local dealer is right down the road.

Moving the center console was pretty straight forward. The six bolts were 10mm and seemed really tight to begin with, but eventually loosened up and came out without issue. There is a single 7mm bolt holding the driver side beauty panel. Wires were all routed as per the original post and the harness had plenty of length for the alternative method of sliding the center console back.

I did end up removing the shifter to help install the media bin light. Was very simple, just four 10mm bolts with one being hid under the place where the shifter stows. Note for @JHForman812, I did have the factory connector for the media bin, but it was not hot.

the media bin connector is so weird some are hot some aren’t some have it some don’t lol I feel like I’mwriting a poem

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP

Thanks for posting your experience! In your opinion was that media light worth it? I was waiting to decide about it until I get my truck (end of Sept hopefully) to see for myself if it is a benefit, but let me know what you think about it. Nice job with the install and good luck!

Sponsored

TexAg08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Thanks for posting your experience! In your opinion was that media light worth it? I was waiting to decide about it until I get my truck (end of Sept hopefully) to see for myself if it is a benefit, but let me know what you think about it. Nice job with the install and good luck!
I think it is. I haven’t driven at night since I got it put in, but driving at night before I could tell it would be nice to have. Also, it’s a cheap part in the long run, and if you console is already apart for the cup holder, it’s nothing extra to put the media bin light in.

Badhabit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 SCrew 4x4 5.0 302A
IMO it is absolutely worth it. In fact since the light is offset to the drivers side I kinda want to add a second one to the bin on the passenger side.

Flash69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum on order
After ordering the cup holder and both lights from 2 different places and getting my order canceled due to backorder, I placed an order with Village Ford parts. I received the parts and the cup holder has the LEDs. Now I just need to get the truck. LOL

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I just got what I believe is the media light for the media light, cup holder add on for 2022's. What I received looks very different than the picture that was used for this when I ordered, but this actually looks like it is correct.

Can anyone that has done this job, tell me if this is what you installed when you did the project? Did you pop out some "dummy" cover and pop in this? Thanks for any info on this.

Ford F-150 Cup holder light installation/media bin light/glove box light Media.JPG

Last edited:

C. Mays

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat; Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Project Management
I just got what I believe is the media light for the media light, cup holder add on for 2022's. What I received looks very different than the picture that was used for this when I ordered, but this actually looks like it is correct.

Can anyone that has done this job, tell me if this is what you installed when you did the project? Did you pop out some "dummy" cover and pop in this? Thanks for any info on this.

Media.JPG
That's it. I did pop out the dummy cover. Did this a month or so ago!
Sponsored