Confirmation email from Ford???

DT400

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
79 Scout II, 90 Mustang gt, 95 F-150, 22 F-150
How long did you all wait for a order confirmation from Ford? Not a VIN or build date but just acknowledgement of your order.

I placed an order on 9/02 and was told at the time I should get a confirmation email in a few days. Well it's been just shy of 3 weeks and I have nothing. I have been in contact with the salesman a couple of times and he says his "lady" has placed the order and it might just be that since orders are rolling over to MY22 that it's taking longer. He has not been able to provide proof of confirmation either.
In this case no news isn't good news.
I was watching a podcast from a Ford dealer and apparently the dealer has to submit the order a couple different ways, one being a ROVP (or similar acronym) or Ford won't even look at the order...anyone have any help on that so I could call again and ask very specific questions.
I understand that Ford is pretty poor with communication.

Darrell
Sponsored

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
How long did you all wait for a order confirmation from Ford? Not a VIN or build date but just acknowledgement of your order.

I placed an order on 9/02 and was told at the time I should get a confirmation email in a few days. Well it's been just shy of 3 weeks and I have nothing. I have been in contact with the salesman a couple of times and he says his "lady" has placed the order and it might just be that since orders are rolling over to MY22 that it's taking longer. He has not been able to provide proof of confirmation either.
I was watching a podcast from a Ford dealer and apparently the dealer has to submit the order a couple different ways, one being a ROVP (or similar acronym) or Ford won't even look at the order...anyone have any help on that so I could call again and ask very specific questions.

Darrell
Ford does not sent out any direct communication to you about your order for a F150. I have heard they are doing this with the Bronco, but not F150's.

stangsandatruck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Software Engineer
OP
OP

DT400

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks. I had read all of that but it didn't mention emails...now maybe I know why. My salesman has told me more than once I should get the email...He also told me 2-3 months to receive the truck...ya right....Great...<sigh>

Darrell

stangsandatruck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 XLT 302A
Occupation
Software Engineer
Thanks. I had read all of that but it didn't mention emails...now maybe I know why. My salesman has told me more than once I should get the email...He also told me 2-3 months to receive the truck...ya right....Great...<sigh>

Darrell
Its a tricky time right now, if you wanted a 2021 - the final order is due next week (09/30) which also depends on if the dealer has an allocation. If you want a 22 model they have to wait until 9/30 to place the order once the 22 order bank opens.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT on Order/Mazda Roadster Club/Model 3
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired/Student
Never got one. I had to contact the dealer to get a Vin and then used the Ford Order Tracker Online.

ryanc111

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Leadfoot Powerboost

Darrell
My dealer told me the same thing with respect to an email from Ford . . . never happened. To be fair, once I had the VIN (and the order number) he essentially told me to quit calling him for updates and use the online tracker. Ha.

That being said, based on info from this forum, I had more info than he was ever going to share with me. And while it took longer than the 12 weeks he “promised” I know have my truck and love it. Hang in there.

Ninjaryan03

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Beverage fountain tech
Ford themselves not the dealer told me that i will receive an email once its about to go into production then another when its actually being produced. My build has not go this far. Time will tell me if i will actually receive an email.

You can hit up ford performance to check if the order has actually been submitted. You will just need your sales and order numbers

OP
OP

DT400

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford themselves not the dealer told me that i will receive an email once its about to go into production then another when its actually being produced. My build has not go this far. Time will tell me if i will actually receive an email.

You can hit up ford performance to check if the order has actually been submitted. You will just need your sales and order numbers
Some info isn't adding up.
Sounds like I may need to call Ford Performance.
Do you happen to know the number?

Darrell

Cmelt1224

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 F150

Darrell
I never got an email confirmation from ford.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

Darrell
Good morning! Have you received an order number for your new truck yet? If so, could you please send that over in a private message so I can look into your situation on my end?

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Never got one. I had to contact the dealer to get a Vin and then used the Ford Order Tracker Online.
Same for me. I never heard anything directly from Ford.

blingiding

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat
Good morning! Have you received an order number for your new truck yet? If so, could you please send that over in a private message so I can look into your situation on my end?
I have received nothing from my dealer since ordering over 2 months ago. I'm assuming that 2022 production has begun. How do I track my order without a VIN or order number? Hos production even started on the 2022 F--150s?
Sponsored