First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Soon maybe 2021 F-150 Lariat 3.5EB 4x4 Lead Foot
Occupation
Army
Do you get an email from Ford when your order is confirmed? Or do you just track it through the dealer/Ford performance until you get a VIN and then use FordPass or another tracker?

Thank you.
Sponsored

Bbass5

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150
Do you get an email from Ford when your order is confirmed? Or do you just track it through the dealer/Ford performance until you get a VIN and then use FordPass or another tracker?

Thank you.
Hey @dweller, my salesman told me the same thing - that I would get an email when the order is confirmed, and when it's being shipped, etc. He said I would get the same email that he gets when he gets it.

Well, I haven't received any emails from Ford. I've had to follow up with my dealer until I got my VIN and now I'm using the trackers and Ford Performance chat to check my status. Now that I have my VIN I'm trying not to bother my salesman all the time. ?

Hope that helps! I've certainly learned through this process that I need to be more patient. So, I'm working on that. That's something positive to come from this waiting game, right? Lol

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
I asked my dealer, who has done a lot of retail orders for members. He said he hasn’t seen customers getting emails for f150s like they do for the Broncos and maverick orders. He assured me it was still in the system. And sure enough, I got my VIN a week later. Never an email from Ford

Thinbluef150

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
Police Officer
I never got any emails from Ford for my order.

Bill_R

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-250 Lariat; 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Contracting Officer
Hey @dweller, my salesman told me the same thing - that I would get an email when the order is confirmed, and when it's being shipped, etc. He said I would get the same email that he gets when he gets it.

Well, I haven't received any emails from Ford. I've had to follow up with my dealer until I got my VIN and now I'm using the trackers and Ford Performance chat to check my status. Now that I have my VIN I'm trying not to bother my salesman all the time. ?

Hope that helps! I've certainly learned through this process that I need to be more patient. So, I'm working on that. That's something positive to come from this waiting game, right? Lol
Lately Ford Performance Chat has been less than helpful. Last month they would provide me with a production date but recently they haven't been able to.

During my chat with them today, their response was:

"I am unable to view the production date on my end. Allow me one moment to check the status of your order. "

"It does look like your order has been entered into the Ford Ordering System. It will then be scheduled and placed in the first available production week."

But then when I email them and get a response from one of the supervisors, they provide me with the production date. It makes me wonder if Ford is restricting what the chat employees can see in an attempt to reduce the amount of chats with them specific to vehicle order updates.

Sponsored

OP
OP

dweller

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Army

Hi @Bbass5. Yep heard it from my salesman. Seemed like most people got their VIN directly from the salesman/dealership or Ford performance, though, so I was kind of skeptical.

Lol yeah it’s hard to be patient. Can’t imagine having ordered 6+ months ago and still not have a VIN like some users here. Must be torture.

Can’t wait to get my VIN so I can constantly refresh every tracker there is. I really just want to be able to add my vehicle to FordPass

OP
OP

dweller

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Army
Lately Ford Performance Chat has been less than helpful. Last month they would provide me with a production date but recently they haven't been able to.

During my chat with them today, their response was:

"I am unable to view the production date on my end. Allow me one moment to check the status of your order. "

"It does look like your order has been entered into the Ford Ordering System. It will then be scheduled and placed in the first available production week."

But then when I email them and get a response from one of the supervisors, they provide me with the production date. It makes me wonder if Ford is restricting what the chat employees can see in an attempt to reduce the amount of chats with them specific to vehicle order updates.
That’s good to know, thank you. Do you find they have updated information sooner than the different trackers?

I’ve only talked with them once, and the guy was very helpful. I was only trying to get a VIN though, no production info.

Bill_R

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-250 Lariat; 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Contracting Officer
That’s good to know, thank you. Do you find they have updated information sooner than the different trackers?

I’ve only talked with them once, and the guy was very helpful. I was only trying to get a VIN though, no production info.
I believe Ford Performance usually has access to the same information as your dealer and would be the most up to date information.

Since my order was accepted by Ford back in June, the tracker hasn't updated with any information but that's mainly because it doesn't show any production information. I don't expect the trackers to update until after my truck has gone in production. My ETA still shows 1/1/1900 and I don't expect that to change until production starts.

Reading what others have posted, they didn't see any updates until after their vehicle was at the dealer but it seams like everyone has a little different experience with the trackers and the recency of data they provide.

In my experience, Ford Performance (for the most part) and the dealer has been the best source for the most current status of your truck.
Sponsored