Sponsored

Anybody else just get an email from ford saying the lightning is available for order?

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 UNICORN (rcsb XLT co-pilot 360 assist 2.0)
Occupation
Keeper of the DOG and running with scissors.
Only problem with it is when I went to check it out the pro model which I remember being $39 thousand and change when I had a reservation a couple of years ago is now starting at $59,974 and whoops my23 is sold out already.....

But if you have deep pockets you can order a Platinum starting at $98,074. But delivery time varies..

Makes me want to rush out and order one.......
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Yea, if you do the math, those 200,000 reservations ended up with a VERY low rate of turn-to-order.

I was somewhere in the 150,000 range and early on, based on the volume of production, estimates were that I MIGHT get my invitation to order in 2025. Maybe.

But instead, and much to my surprise, my invitation to order was last month, with a deadline of April 24th, I think.

I had planned on being excited about that day coming. But regardless of all the things that influenced the price increases and constraints, Ford has no interest in building the Lightning that I always had intended to purchase.

It's kinda cool though to visit the Lightning forum and come across the few that were fortunate to get the original Pro build. They KNOW that they beat the house!

OP
OP
parkerdog

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
And to think I actually had a bronco ordered too until ford kept sending me pco's for a f-150. And the bronco was going to take 2 years at the time and the dealer wouldn't budge off msrp so I said no thanks. especially when I found granger. I probably never would have seen the light at the end of the tunnel for a lightning.

I even saw a used bronco on a local lot the other day. It's been there for 2-3 weeks so either the novelty has worn off or they want a fortune for it or maybe both.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm not blaming Ford for everything that couldn't have possibly been predicted in this pandemic/post pandemic world.
Some aspects of the Lightning price/build are a result of inflation and supply chain.

But, it is 100% on Ford for creating all the hype that the entry level price created. It stunned the market. And the entry level price today is far from just an inflation increase. It qualifies as bait & switch.

I'm thrilled with my Powerboost. It's a better value equation for me with the limits Ford has on my choices for a Lightning. So I won't throw too big of a tantrum. But I do feel a bit miffed with the Pro bait.

Antimatter22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Limited in Star White.
I received that email back in March and cancelled my reservation. I would have ended up paying like $15k more for the truck I wanted compared to if I was able to order it a year ago. It didn't make sense anymore. The order list was screwy as well as people who reserved the truck way after me got to order theirs pretty early. Luck of the draw or dealership choice I guess.

Not too disappointed. I'll see what the gen2 version is like, but I'm hoping they make a gen2 Powerboost with even better capabilities. Seems like that's the best of both worlds at the moment.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I still LOVE the fact that the Lightning looks and feels like an F150.
So I'm hoping the next Gen puts a big hurt on the current Gen's inflated values.

I apologize to all those negatively affected by my selfish desires. 😜

I might just end up with a low mileage 3-5 year old Lightning for a legitimate value equation afterall.

OP
OP
parkerdog

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I still LOVE the fact that the Lightning looks and feels like an F150.
So I'm hoping the next Gen puts a big hurt on the current Gen's inflated values.

I apologize to all those negatively affected by my selfish desires. 😜

I might just end up with a low mileage 3-5 year old Lightning for a legitimate value equation afterall.
You can always dream I suppose!

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
we looked seriously at one for our weekly commutes to town
cost of new power to house, cost of TRUCK omg . even though it looks like the 150
its just not worth the investment .

maybe next gen will be the cats paw

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
I like the Lightning but the range is just not there yet. Ford also wouldn’t let me apply the college student purchase program discount to Electric Vehicles or Super Duties and I wasn’t going to give up the free $800 cash. If they can get a reliable 450-500 mile range and charging infrastructure gets better I’ll be all over it. Right now the V8 is still a better package for me overall. Maybe a hybrid V8 for me next before I take the EV plunge.

Last edited:
OP
OP
parkerdog

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I still say the electric vehicle craze will hit the skids pretty quick.
The governments need the motor fuel tax to fund the infrastructures.
If you aren't buying gas who's going to pay for the roads? The cost of charging will get up there equivalent to gas and then what will we do?

Sponsored

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
The government will still get their money. Several states all ready have you pay an annual road tax at inspection time on your EV based on miles driven.

Some states may put road taxes into your electric bill instead if you own a vehicle. We will see, will be interesting.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
I just got this:

Hello Ford diehard customer! We wanted to let you know that you have been specifically chosen to have first option to order a new Ford Lightning Platinum!!!
We did want to tell you that due to chip shortages, there are some options not available at this time. But fear not, we are fully compensating you for these deletes:
Multi Contour Seats <Delete> -$300.00
Heated Steering Wheel <Delete> -$50.00
Leather Interior <Delete> -$37.00
Four rubber tires <Delete> -$24.00
EV Battery Pack <Delete> -$425.00
2.7l Engine (replacement for battery pack) +$11,450.00
Lightning badging <Delete> -$0.42
Ford Fiesta badging (replacement badging) +$725.00
Air Conditioning <Windows delete> -$130.00

I think I am going to pass.

Last edited:

Grafx36510

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 XLT 302A/2022 F150 Tremor 402A
Occupation
The guy that everyone b*&%ches to at work...
I just got this:

Hello Ford Diehard customer! We wanted to let you know that you have specifically chosen to have first option to order a new Ford Lightning Platinum!!!
We did want to tell you that due to chip shortages, there are some options not available at this time, but fear not. We are fully compensating you for these deletes:
Multi Contour Seats <Delete> -$300.00
Heated Steering Wheel <Delete> -$50.00
Leather Interior <Delete> -$37.00
Four rubber tires <Delete> -$24.00
EV Battery Pack <Delete> -$425.00
2.7l Engine (replacement for battery pack) +$11,450.00
Lightning badging <Delete> -$0.42
Ford Fiesta badging (replacement badging) +$725.00
Air Conditioning <Windows delete> -$130.00

I think I am going to pass.
Definitely spot on with the fiesta badging upcharge.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
I still say the electric vehicle craze will hit the skids pretty quick.
The governments need the motor fuel tax to fund the infrastructures.
If you aren't buying gas who's going to pay for the roads? The cost of charging will get up there equivalent to gas and then what will we do?
JExpedition07 is correct. I live in one of the most a$$-backward states possible... WA and they are already implementing a per mile use tax. So Uber drivers with EVs will still be paying out the ___ for their EVs. Pierce and King County are working on taxing your property based on how many houses\dwellings your property COULD fit... So if you own acreage, or can squeeze a duplex into where you currently have one house, you will be taxed more. Our rental house in Tacoma, WA that was built in 1968 is 1,300sq ft and we pay $5800 annually on prop taxes. My lake place in CdA Idaho, on the water is $1,900yr. Two different worlds.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
The government will still get their money. Several states all ready have you pay an annual road tax at inspection time on your EV based on miles driven.

Some states may put road taxes into your electric bill instead if you own a vehicle. We will see, will be interesting.
man that would SUCK... they have enough taxes or surcharges now .. dont get me started
Sponsored