First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Ok brain trust. As much as I know about this truck I’ve got something driving me nuts. Had to tow a family members car today. Batt was dead so I thought I’d charge it up with my charger while bringing it back. Plugged into bed outlet and turned on the generator. Truck absolutely will not come out of park. No message on dash that anything was plugged in and hit “ok” so I could shift. The only way I was able to drive was apply parking brake, door closed put truck in netural then open door get out plug the charger in and then I could drive. But if I stopped and went into park would not come out until I did the above procedure. Thoughts?
Sponsored

capiche87

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB 701a 4x4; 1985 Ford Bronco II
Occupation
Veterinarian
I leave an Iceco cooler running on propower. If you click ok on steering wheel the message on dash away and lets you shift into gear.

OP
OP
astrand1

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
I leave an Iceco cooler running on propower. If you click ok on steering wheel the message on dash away and lets you shift into gear.
But that’s my issue. I get nothing on the dash. I’ve had others say there is a message that is supposed to come up.

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Tremor, Bronco Raptor
My initial thoughts are it’s a safety mechanism for campsite use? Intentional so you don’t drive off yanking cords by accident ?

My thought from limited use with PowerBoost vehicles is: can you leave Pro Power off, plug everything up and then go into drive and then while you’re still stopped turn on Pro Power? I’ve never had this restriction this way (similar to what you’re doing but with significantly less steps)

Edit: found a video of basically how I’ve described

OP
OP
astrand1

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
My initial thoughts are it’s a safety mechanism for campsite use? Intentional so you don’t drive off yanking cords by accident ?

My thought from limited use with PowerBoost vehicles is: can you leave Pro Power off, plug everything up and then go into drive and then while you’re still stopped turn on Pro Power? I’ve never had this restriction this way (similar to what you’re doing but with significantly less steps)
There are many that power stuff while driving down the road. So it’s supposed to be meant to use while in motion. And be tried turning off the generator and still no joy. As soon as I unplug physically then it will shift. I guess I need to figure out how to get that message to come up on the cluster. Might have to do some forscan work.

Sponsored

ThickGatorade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Tremor, Bronco Raptor
There are many that power stuff while driving down the road. So it’s supposed to be meant to use while in motion. And be tried turning off the generator and still no joy. As soon as I unplug physically then it will shift. I guess I need to figure out how to get that message to come up on the cluster. Might have to do some forscan work.
This sounds more like a bug or a possible software update creating this as a safety feature. You’d be surprised how fast Ford moves when people complain over something being a “safety hazard” because they forgot to unplug their expensive tools before leaving a jobsite for lunch.

Not how I’ve seen it behave yet but I have only used it maybe 10 times in the last four years so don’t trust my advice.

capiche87

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB 701a 4x4; 1985 Ford Bronco II
Occupation
Veterinarian
But that’s my issue. I get nothing on the dash. I’ve had others say there is a message that is supposed to come up.
Hmmm. That’s weird. I have a 2023 PB and always get the dash alert. Once I clear it, I can shift. Maybe check to see if a breaker is tripped on propower and preventing message from coming up.

OP
OP
astrand1

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I got an update at some point that did the same --- If you read the warning and follow directions you can shift out of park ;)

Ford F-150 Can’t shift from park using pro power 1695959363647

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
A recent PCM update added that "feature" to my 2022. So now, like HammaMan's picture above, I get the prompt and have to say OK before I can drive the truck with anything plugged in.

So I agree with others that you have some kind of software bug that is not providing you the prompt.

Mash150

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 King Ranch, 157, SQ , PB
Occupation
Unskilled House Mechanic
Message on my screen, note however this is using internal plug. It comes on every time you open drivers door with pro power on. You don’t need to do anything, close the door and drive away, message goes away and pro power stays on. Im pretty sure I’ve used the box plug and it’s the same.

Ford F-150 Can’t shift from park using pro power IMG_3217

OP
OP
astrand1

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Message on my screen, note however this is using internal plug. It comes on every time you open drivers door with pro power on. You don’t need to do anything, close the door and drive away, message goes away and pro power stays on. Im pretty sure I’ve used the box plug and it’s the same.

IMG_3217.jpeg
I understand all that. The only thing I need to do is get the truck to shift out of park. I’m doing a GWM update thru FDRS right now which I’m sure has nothing to do with this issue but it just popped up as available so we will see.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
That GWM is the on ramp to Bluecruise 1.3 from what a birdie said!

If it's the one that popped up today.
I just installed it myself. Fingers crossed an IPC/IPMA update follows shortly?

OP
OP
astrand1

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Studio truck driver
That GWM is the on ramp to Bluecruise 1.3 from what a birdie said!

If it's the one that popped up today.
I just installed it myself. Fingers crossed an IPC/IPMA update follows shortly?
Copy that. Of course I’m a peasant no blue cruise here, I just wish that I could get this pro power issue dealt with.
Sponsored