Sponsored

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
Because it is 240VAC, it is compatible with 4 wire. Look at it closely, I believe you'll see two places for the 2 hot wires to connect plus a neutral. Then in the lower left there is a ground bar, that is your 4th wire. So, you'll need to feed this with a 4 wire cable of at least 30 amp rating (that's 7.2kW across the two hots). That cable can then be led out to a male input box, thence thru an extension cord (4-wire type, they carry them at Homedepot, but check before you go as it is not a high turnover item).
Sponsored

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Because it is 240VAC, it is compatible with 4 wire. Look at it closely, I believe you'll see two places for the 2 hot wires to connect plus a neutral. Then in the lower left there is a ground bar, that is your 4th wire. So, you'll need to feed this with a 4 wire cable of at least 30 amp rating (that's 7.2kW across the two hots). That cable can then be led out to a male input box, thence thru an extension cord (4-wire type, they carry them at Homedepot, but check before you go as it is not a high turnover item).
Yes, that should work for getting power to your trailer and adding circuit breakers
thanks to both of you.

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That cable can then be led out to a male input box, thence thru an extension cord (4-wire type, they carry them at Homedepot, but check before you go as it is not a high turnover item).
Instead of the cable you mentioned in the quote above I was planning on buying this:
Journeyman-Pro 2715, NEMA L14-30 Flanged Inlet Generator Plug, 30A 125/250 Volt, Locking Receptacle Socket, Black Industrial Grade, Grounding Welding Use 7500 Watts

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074KMRNH...olid=2GP9SW4JKP16X&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I would run 10AWG from it to the box, any reason that would not work also.

My need is for when I'm at the race track I can power my trailer and accessories using the 240V outlet from the truck and powering the trailer.

Thanks again for your input.

Jim

Gros Ventre

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Powerboost
Well, depending on where you intend to use it. It is important that you not set yourself up needing a Male-Male extension cord. Since the F-150 PowerBoost output panel has a female plug and it looks like you're setting up the plug in your panel with that female plug... it appears that you'll end up needing that male-male cable. Such a cable is ticket to heaven someday. Better to use a recessed male input plug in the panel you're building. After looking at the item picture closely it does look like a male input plug... So-o good to go. That way the extension cord you'll be using will have one end male and the other female. As I recall 10 ga. wire is sufficient for 240V-30A AC, but check.

Meterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, depending on where you intend to use it. It is important that you not set yourself up needing a Male-Male extension cord. Since the F-150 PowerBoost output panel has a female plug and it looks like you're setting up the plug in your panel with that female plug... it appears that you'll end up needing that male-male cable. Such a cable is ticket to heaven someday. Better to use a recessed male input plug in the panel you're building. After looking at the item picture closely it does look like a male input plug... So-o good to go. That way the extension cord you'll be using will have one end male and the other female. As I recall 10 ga. wire is sufficient for 240V-30A AC, but check.
thanks, when I was reading that I thought, wait I have a mail for the trailer just like I added to my home, so I'm glad you took a closer look.

thanks for the help.
Sponsored