First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F-150 Lariat | '22 Ford F-350 S/D Tremor
Occupation
Firefighter Superintendent
Has anyone came across the ”Pro Power Onboard, Service Required” error on a non-PB truck?

Long story shot; I have a friend’s 2021 Ford F-150 XLT who is having this error show up on his infotainment screen, he hasn’t plugged anything in the interior plugs or the bed plug that set the fault mode. However, upon resetting the green button in the bed receptacle, the 2 white lights that shine to the label no longer turns on and the light by the switch is flashing orange which I know the Pro Power is now in fault mode. He did do the HVAC swap few days ago and did remove the orange color plug which is meant for the plug inside the truck, could that have set it off?

If so what is the correct way to reset the fault mode for his truck? If not, any way to get it resetted before he takes it in to the dealer for the last resort? Dealer said they will need it for 1-2 days but he uses that truck for his business. I tried a few things to get it to reset but it doesn't seem to reset.

Attached is the error:

Ford F-150 Pro Power Onboard (Service Required) ima
Sponsored

Last edited:

2TonB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150
when I installed my bedrug I removed the panel in the bed, when I reinstalled it and drove the truck, I got the same error. I just unplugged the cables and reinstalled them and the error message was gone.

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
To update this thread;; I had him bring it by work, disconnected and plugged back in his generator under the rear seat and works perfectly. Resetted/rebooted perfectly, working fine.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
To update this thread;; I had him bring it by work, disconnected and plugged back in his generator under the rear seat and works perfectly. Resetted/rebooted perfectly, working fine.
Just to be clear, the 2.4kW is a powerboost inverter with 7.2kW optional. If the inverter is under the rear seat, the truck in question IS NOT a powerboost and cannot be a 2.4kW. The PB's inverters are under the truck (as in outside, attached to the frame)

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Just to be clear, the 2.4kW is a powerboost inverter with 7.2kW optional. If the inverter is under the rear seat, the truck in question IS NOT a powerboost and cannot be a 2.4kW. The PB's inverters are under the truck (as in outside, attached to the frame)
Yes I know, I’m well aware and corrected the post. Thanks for that; he didn’t specify if his was a PB or not until I saw it an hour ago.

Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Yes I know, I’m well aware and corrected the post. Thanks for that; he didn’t specify if his was a PB or not until I saw it an hour ago.
There is a little batt box under the pass side rear seat people get confused about. I think I've I seen but 1 PB guy remove the badge so that's also another indicator. Granted if it's a buddies truck you'd know pretty quickly if it was a stock powerboost as it'd be moving around w/ out the ICE and possibly still making dumptruck backup beeping.

OP
OP
Nightshade

Nightshade

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
There is a little batt box under the pass side rear seat people get confused about. I think I've I seen but 1 PB guy remove the badge so that's also another indicator. Granted if it's a buddies truck you'd know pretty quickly if it was a stock powerboost as it'd be moving around w/ out the ICE and possibly still making dumptruck backup beeping.
That they do. Yup that’s true, most PB owners near me do that a lot or changed to blacked out ones. Oh I didn’t know at all what he had, he recently just got it used but new to him, like 2 days ago and I’m still out in the field (work firefighter as a Superintendent now, granted you’ve heard about the wildfires in Alberta, Canada), so I didn’t know until I saw it in person when he came up then knew right away. I owned a PB so I know, this was before the dealer bought it back after numerous issues.

Walter Townsend

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Off Road Fishing Edition 5.0
Occupation
Owner Operator Starlight Tool Services Ltd Millwright/Welder/Machinist/Electronics tech
Has anyone came across the ”Pro Power Onboard, Service Required” error on a non-PB truck?

Long story shot; I have a friend’s 2021 Ford F-150 XLT who is having this error show up on his infotainment screen, he hasn’t plugged anything in the interior plugs or the bed plug that set the fault mode. However, upon resetting the green button in the bed receptacle, the 2 white lights that shine to the label no longer turns on and the light by the switch is flashing orange which I know the Pro Power is now in fault mode. He did do the HVAC swap few days ago and did remove the orange color plug which is meant for the plug inside the truck, could that have set it off?

If so what is the correct way to reset the fault mode for his truck? If not, any way to get it resetted before he takes it in to the dealer for the last resort? Dealer said they will need it for 1-2 days but he uses that truck for his business. I tried a few things to get it to reset but it doesn't seem to reset.

Attached is the error:

image.jpeg
Did your buddies Pro Power issue ever get sorted?

You mentioned it had a HVAC swap, which meant the dash was opened up.

My truck is having the same error code which was noticed just as we were about to drive off the dealers lot where they had the dash removed to replace three of the HVAC vents that had the little knobs knocked off just before we got the truck.

FDRS is showing my truck having an open circuit in the front dash plug so they are figuring that the tech missed plugging something in putting the dash back together.

Just wondering how much has to come apart to hook it back up.

Walter Townsend

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 Off Road Fishing Edition 5.0
Occupation
Owner Operator Starlight Tool Services Ltd Millwright/Welder/Machinist/Electronics tech
Update, dealer dealt with the Propower fault, it was a connection to the front outlet that was not fully seated in the socket. Took more time to get the dash apart than it did to push the plug together.
Sponsored