Fuel consumption when using Pro Power

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
So what determines ICE on/off cycles with ignition on, generator mode off? Say I want to only use truck WiFi only. Is it more efficient in idle mode ( disable 30 minute idle shutoff) rather than generator mode?
This determines ICE on/ICE off with truck in Park. I've stared at it for many an hour, regardless of whether in generator mode or not :

Ford F-150 Fuel consumption when using Pro Power 20230413_080817
Sponsored

fwunder

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 302A Sport 7.2Kw
Occupation
retired
Thanks SB! That's so interesting. May have already been asked and answered, but any idea what drains HV battery with no [ apparent ] load?

Thanks again. I will have to play with my OBDII adapter and OBD Fusion!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On my KingRanch Powerboost, sitting in Park, there's 42 modules awake, and I suspect a few electric pumps circulating various fluids in both the Hybrid coolant loop as well as the traditional ICE coolant loop.

I don't honestly know all the the components and systems/subsystems that are sipping on the electron straw, but I do know it's difficult to get it down below 1-1.5 Amps at ~285V.

It's just such a small battery being intentionally fenced into a tiny working range.
So even a relatively small draw is going to hit the trigger for charging.

fwunder

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 302A Sport 7.2Kw
Occupation
retired
On my KingRanch Powerboost, sitting in Park, there's 42 modules awake, and I suspect a few electric pumps circulating various fluids in both the Hybrid coolant loop as well as the traditional ICE coolant loop.

I don't honestly know all the the components and systems/subsystems that are sipping on the electron straw, but I do know it's difficult to get it down below 1-1.5 Amps at ~285V.

It's just such a small battery being intentionally fenced into a tiny working range.
So even a relatively small draw is going to hit the trigger for charging.
OK, great. Thanks! Now I need to find if there is a hack to keep hotspot active with engine off. Or...how long 12v. battery will safely last in full accessory mode.

Thanks again for sharing your experiences!

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
This determines ICE on/ICE off with truck in Park. I've stared at it for many an hour, regardless of whether in generator mode or not :

20230413_080817.jpg
Could you give us the PID names from the OBDLink PID menu for each of your gauges. I imported your dashboard into OBDLink on an iPhone and all the PID's defaulted to vehicle MPH. The gauges came through the import but the exact PID's did not.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Could you give us the PID names from the OBDLink PID menu for each of your gauges. I imported your dashboard into OBDLink on an iPhone and all the PID's defaulted to vehicle MPH. The gauges came through the import but the exact PID's did not.
That might imply that you didn't have the Ford/Lincoln/Mercury pid-pack installed in the app?

All of those pids are going to "map" to pids in that path.

Unless it's an IPhone/Android path mismatch?

Regardless, I'll be happy to.
I might start a thread regarding so I don't have my endless gibberish about pids strung out all over the forum. If I get some time to do so, I'll link here for you. :)

turbopilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Powerboost
That might imply that you didn't have the Ford/Lincoln/Mercury pid-pack installed in the app?

All of those pids are going to "map" to pids in that path.

Unless it's an IPhone/Android path mismatch?

Regardless, I'll be happy to.
I might start a thread regarding so I don't have my endless gibberish about pids strung out all over the forum. If I get some time to do so, I'll link here for you. :)
Ford/Lincoln/Mercury pid-pack is installed. Must be an import glitch. Just can't make sense of the PID names to match it up with your gauges. The gauges show up fine but with MPH PID's.
Sponsored