First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
I know there was a lot of work being put into the turning logic that’s different on this vehicle compared to others (and the funky wind back on the wheel) and I just wanted to say I really appreciate the hard work.
Appreciate the kind words. I think we are finally making some break throughs. A lot of progress was made over the weekend.

noticed about 6-8 weeks ago that it no longer winds back on turns when you have the turn signal engaged through the turn. It’s actually really made the unit a lot more enjoyable.
That's actually a toggle in SunnyPilot under Customize Lane Change "Disable Lateral Below Speed with Blinker" .

It’s still doing it on sharp turns at lower speeds where you have to give the wheel a little assist to make it through but overall, it’s WAY better.
There is a change coming through soon that will help anytime you touch the steering wheel and it exceeds 60 degrees of angle, but it won't help on turns that are not sharp enough to justify 60 degrees of steering wheel movement.

The proper fix for wind-up is in the bigger update we are working on. But honestly that is still months away. Once we get the logic stable and working, we still have to implement safety limits and test it rigorously.
Sponsored