No hands-free BlueCruise

simon

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 701a Antimatter Blue PB
Hi everyone, I recently bought a new 2022 Platinum PB that was on a dealer lot for a nice discount after having a '21 3.5 EcoBoost Lariat. My Lariat didn't have bluecruise, so I was excited to try the hands-free, but it never came on. After digging around in the settings, I found on the about sync page, "Hands-Free Driving Mode available through 10-12-2022". The manage connected services page on my Ford account tells me that BlueCruise is active, but shows dashes for the expiration date. In addition to all this, the automatic updates show they're turned off on my Ford account but the automatic updates are turned on in the truck.

Any ideas on what's going on here? The dealership that sold it says they've never heard of this and are looking into it.

Thanks!
Simon
Sponsored

Griffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
I had the same thing with my new '22 Platinum; that's how I found this forum.
After talking with Jesse; it was GWM(Gateway Module) update. It should update the maps to XX-XX-2073

You would either need a mongoose cable+FDRS or you could try to convince your dealership to do module updates.
I was able to get my dealership to do the module updates at first to get Bluecruise working before I invested in a mongoose

These are the Service Bulletins regarding the module update that Ford previously put that that I found throughout different forums when I was trying to search my way around
TSB 22-2494
TSB 23-2122 *Supersedes 22-2494

Last edited:
OP
OP
simon

simon

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dang. My '21 seemed like it received all updates so quickly and reliably it's unfortunate my new '22 isn't, so far at least. Is it at all concerning all of the expiration dates show dashes & automatic updates show off and my Ford account page?

Last edited:

Griffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Honestly, this is my first F150 with connected services (I came from a 2013). The connected services should show your trials/expiration dates.

Maybe depending on how recently, maybe the trials & services haven't synced up to your main account? Unfortunately that's just a total guess and quite a bit outside my knowledge

I'm sure someone much more knowledgeable will show up here and be able to comment

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Dang. My '21 seemed like it received all updates so quickly and reliably it's unfortunate my new '22 isn't, so far at least. Is it at all concerning all of the expiration dates show dashes & automatic updates show off and my Ford account page?
The problem is that the truck has been sitting on the lot with most of its life in 'low power mode' and thus won't get but maybe the first round of updates that occur within the first couple weeks of coming off of the truck. Hook it up to a battery charger and do the 10 stationary drives trick w/ door opening / closing and leave it be.

Sponsored

CanBCPB

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost, 2022 Explorer ST
I had the same issue with my 22’ when I bought it. It sat on the lot for sometime and missed a bunch of updates.

I drove off the lot to a known bluecruise highway, turned it on, and only did the lane keep assist mode, never full hands free.

I bought the mongoose cable and updated everything. Now bluecruise says it expires in 2073, which apparently means that it’s up to date and functional.

OP
OP
simon

simon

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had the same issue with my 22’ when I bought it. It sat on the lot for sometime and missed a bunch of updates.

I drove off the lot to a known bluecruise highway, turned it on, and only did the lane keep assist mode, never full hands free.

I bought the mongoose cable and updated everything. Now bluecruise says it expires in 2073, which apparently means that it’s up to date and functional.
Dang. It's a tough pill to swallow to have to get a $600 cable just to make a brand new car work like it should. That and I doubt upper management (my wife) would approve the expense. Hopefully my truck will update itself soon.

Did your truck show dashes for the expiration dates or real dates before you did the manual update?

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Dang. It's a tough pill to swallow to have to get a $600 cable just to make a brand new car work like it should. That and I doubt upper management (my wife) would approve the expense. Hopefully my truck will update itself soon.

Did your truck show dashes for the expiration dates or real dates before you did the manual update?
Sent ya a message, just happened to notice your location info :)

CanBCPB

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I agree. It was a bit of a letdown taking a brand new ($$$) truck off the lot and it doesn’t work the way it should….only to read that ford isn’t paying dealers to manually update trucks that aren’t getting OTA updates.

Then to top it off as I mentioned earlier(or maybe in a different thread), when I finally did update it all through FDRS the GPS and Satellite radio didn’t work. I had to use FORScan to alter lines in a couple different modules to get it back up and running, with no support from Ford.

Honestly they should include a redeemable coupon code for a 2 day FDRS license with the purchase of a new truck these days….no way it should cost me close to $1000CAD AFTER I’ve already purchased the truck. I had a 2014 before this and honestly I wonder if I made the right decision some days.

CanBCPB

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

My truck showed real dates for the expiry of certain services before the update, but the hands free driving had showed it expired in 2022....when I just bought the truck last month, new off the lot.
Sponsored