First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
Sooooooo, do 2023 and forget any prior models especially 2021 job 1 trucks. Unreal how we seem to be the guinea pigs and are left behind.

OP
OP
speedracercjr

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
To be fair the article says " The software update, BlueCruise 1.2, will arrive this fall, starting with the 2023 Mustang Mach-E before landing with other models." So the new Mach-E's will be the guinea pigs and we'll get it after, in theory at least.

SuperRaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Lariat 502A
Glad to see they are adding this, it makes sense hands free should change lanes. I believe GM's supercruise does this already?

Sponsored

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
Most excited about this:

• In-lane repositioning: Helps hands-free highway driving feel more natural by keeping the vehicle in its lane while subtly shifting its position away from vehicles in adjacent lanes, especially large semi trucks

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
Will it be powerful enough to spin the wheel with an ankle weight attached?😱

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 157wb
Most excited about this:

• In-lane repositioning: Helps hands-free highway driving feel more natural by keeping the vehicle in its lane while subtly shifting its position away from vehicles in adjacent lanes, especially large semi trucks
I agree. Holding the center when a sane person would naturally hug one edge of the lane is my primary issue with the system.

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
I can't even imagine such a thing at this point.

My Driver Assist is horrible. To the point that if I were a cop following my truck with Driver Assist on, I'd think I had a DUI on my hands.

In all fairness... I haven't used it much for this reason and I'm sure it will improve over time but they have a long way to go.

waphilips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 502A, 5.0
what is driver assist?? Lane Keeping, Lane Centering or Blue cruise?? I assume you mean Lane Keeping -- that just bounces you in the lane when you get close to either side... very different from what this thread is about

Sponsored

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB 7.2k 4x4 157"
Occupation
Engineer
Most excited about this:

I can express how large my thumbs up is for this!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
We are ALL experiencing the beta/version 1.xx of a feature that would have been science fiction not that long ago. I'm not surprised that it's so ruff around the edges. :)

While I am willing to critique it at this point, I'm not compelled to be critical. I'm amazed it's even available in a pick-up truck! It seems like it could have been kept much more niche for a few years before they made it available to the rowdy bunch. Lol

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
We are ALL experiencing the beta/version 1.xx of a feature that would have been science fiction not that long ago. I'm not surprised that it's so ruff around the edges. :)

While I am willing to critique it at this point, I'm not compelled to be critical. I'm amazed it's even available in a pick-up truck! It seems like it could have been kept much more niche for a few years before they made it available to the rowdy bunch. Lol
Agreed, I'm happy they chose the F-150 to be one of their first connected vehicles along with advanced driver assist features. I really value innovation and have really enjoyed the truck so far

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Well said

It was a gutsy move, in my opinion.

AAWhyte

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat 5.0
Occupation
PM
This was one of the reasons I choose the F-150 over the Ram. I'm a first time truck buyer and the "electronic goodies" was very compelling. Hoping that Ford would keep progressing with it and making it available to the "older" vehicles when they did.
I love the truck so far, it is amazing what they packed into it.
Sponsored