First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
That is one reason I'm leaning towards the Yoko G015s is that the Michelins that everyone loves for towing looks like bus tires to me. I'll prob do about 90% pavement and 10% dirt/gravel roads and prob never see snow being in FL. I want something that looks decent, but don't need super knobby mud terrains. I need to tow our 6k lb TT 6-8x per year.
I agree that a "bus" tread pattern is not okay. It's probably silly, but it's a significant part of the appearance of the truck.
I like the look of the KO2. I also like the look of this Patagonia, which is appealing for its technology, price and reputation, but not a tire I've ever tried.
Ford F-150 All Terrain Tires for your Powerboost 1635723681922

https://www.milestartires.com/light-trucks/patagonia-xt
The Patagonia A/T R is probably a more direct comparison to the KO2 (lighter) but getting to be more of a "bus" tread pattern but a silica compound and designed for mostly on-road handling and braking, capable of airing down for off-road and tough enough to exceed the truck specs … probably the smarter choice, but I like the look of the XT.
Sponsored

tn.lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Screw Powerboost 501a
Occupation
retail
My truck came with the General Grabber APT LT265r70/18 and are very quiet on the road with great traction on wet roads and are snow rated. They also come in P 275/60R/20 and only weigh 43lbs.

herothedog

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 XLT PowerBoost 7.2kW
Hey, I'm also in Conifer!

My PowerBoost came with General Grabber APT

They are three peak rated. Have not had the snow yet to try them though :(

Hope that helps.

I picked up my new Powerboost last week from the dealer and am wanting to replace the factory 275/60R20 Hankook tires with something more appropriate for our Colorado winters (3 Peak Mountain Snowflake). I'm considering the following three tires in the same factory size:
  • Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac (had these on my 2014 F150, great grip in the snow, weak dry pavement handling tires)
  • BFG AT KO3 (ran these on the 2014 F150 before the Duratracs, but were full of vibrations and caused all sorts of interior buzzing. They were also better handling in the dry but a little weaker in the snow than the Duratracs)
  • General Grabber ATX (test drove a new F150 Tremor with these tires and was really impressed)
Is anyone else running one of these brands of tires on their Powerboost in the factory size? I'm wondering what hit you noticed in fuel economy by changing from the lighter weight all season to a heavier, all terrain tire?

LUV2FORD

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum 6'7" bed, loaded. 6" BDS Lift
Occupation
Engineer
I'm at the extreme end, but my truck got 21mpg from factory (not 24). I had to baby it to get 21mpg. Fx4, long bed, max tow, etc all add weight. My F150 is probably the heaviest and sure enough 3mpg less than sticker. I then added 35x11.5x20 nitto ridge grapplers and mileage dropped 2.5mpg. I then added 6" BDS lift and it dropped another 1mpg. So tires were the biggest load on the engine. I think tire diameter and tire weight both add loading which I call inertia, but I also think the tire profile and rubber compound play a huge part which I call rolling resistance. Inertia bites you when you accelerate and then slam on the brakes. All the energy that was spent spinning up all that inertia just to burn it off in your brake pads. Inertia isn't near as big a deal with a hybrid so long as you brake earlier. The rolling resistance hurts you all the time which is why my highway mileage dropped a lot with these tires.

I added 4.56 gears and now I sit at 16mpg but love the whole setup. If I was in a non hybrid I'd be getting 12mpg.

Jaross

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 STX supercrew fx4
I picked up my new Powerboost last week from the dealer and am wanting to replace the factory 275/60R20 Hankook tires with something more appropriate for our Colorado winters (3 Peak Mountain Snowflake). I'm considering the following three tires in the same factory size:
  • Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac (had these on my 2014 F150, great grip in the snow, weak dry pavement handling tires)
  • BFG AT KO3 (ran these on the 2014 F150 before the Duratracs, but were full of vibrations and caused all sorts of interior buzzing. They were also better handling in the dry but a little weaker in the snow than the Duratracs)
  • General Grabber ATX (test drove a new F150 Tremor with these tires and was really impressed)
Is anyone else running one of these brands of tires on their Powerboost in the factory size? I'm wondering what hit you noticed in fuel economy by changing from the lighter weight all season to a heavier, all terrain tire?

20211019_175413068_iOS.jpg
Falken Wildpeaks are great in the snow. We live on the east coast of Canada.

Sponsored

Pibblemobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150
Really want to go 285/60/20 but they’re quite a bit more than stock and less options. A P tire would work since I’d only tow a 16’ bass boat.

ZamoJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Sport Appearance Lead Foot 5.0
Aggressive tires on 20” wheels do look good, depending on the tire of course. I have the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T on my stock 20” factory wheels. Snow peak rated, low noise and rude great on highway with great grip. Haven’t tried them on snow yet to advise.
Ford F-150 All Terrain Tires for your Powerboost 005F59A0-7A08-4CEF-9BC4-27507BB0FA3B
Ford F-150 All Terrain Tires for your Powerboost 2E6FFAB2-8930-4BC6-8861-27DFA3B77088
Ford F-150 All Terrain Tires for your Powerboost 1EBABE15-C5EA-4343-A8DE-09531E7B3547

f150powerboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT POWERBOOST
Aggressive tires on 20” wheels do look good, depending on the tire of course. I have the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T on my stock 20” factory wheels. Snow peak rated, low noise and rude great on highway with great grip. Haven’t tried them on snow yet to advise.
Those do look good. I might reconsider. I have the same wheels.

Kilo5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PB, Lariat, SCrew, FX4
That is one reason I'm leaning towards the Yoko G015s is that the Michelins that everyone loves for towing looks like bus tires to me. I'll prob do about 90% pavement and 10% dirt/gravel roads and prob never see snow being in FL. I want something that looks decent, but don't need super knobby mud terrains. I need to tow our 6k lb TT 6-8x per year.
Continental's TerrainContact A/T might be an option.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=TerrainContact+A/T

Sponsored

Hebed118

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport PB 4x4
I’m running 275/60/20 P rated Falken AT3W which are pretty quiet, ride nice, and work well in the snow.
Any insight on them compared to stock? Performance, ride quality, noise, MPG, etc? Thinking of these or trying the toyo ATIII's in the same size 275/60R20. The toyos are a few pounds lighter bringing them pretty close to the stock weight.

Pibblemobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150
Any insight on them compared to stock? Performance, ride quality, noise, MPG, etc? Thinking of these or trying the toyo ATIII's in the same size 275/60R20. The toyos are a few pounds lighter bringing them pretty close to the stock weight.
Ride quality is a bit firmer but not bad by any means. They are pretty quiet but definitely louder than the Goodyear’s. MPG is about 1.5 worse but I did go up a size. I notice the biggest positive is in snow traction. They are excellent and make getting out of my neighborhood easy.

Pibblemobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150
Truck came in today and ordered Toyo AT3 in stock size if they can find them. A lot of Falkens available but no Toyos…

Hebed118

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Sport PB 4x4
Ride quality is a bit firmer but not bad by any means. They are pretty quiet but definitely louder than the Goodyear’s. MPG is about 1.5 worse but I did go up a size. I notice the biggest positive is in snow traction. They are excellent and make getting out of my neighborhood easy.
Ah so these aren’t on a 21?