All Terrain Tires for your Powerboost

BigBluegen14

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
Living in Canada my only concern is frigid icy days. All A/T tires can handle snow. I saw a video of a guy from Toronto who dealt with freezing rain 3 days after putting on Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus tires on his truck and he said the performance was as close to a winter tire as you could get. That sold me on those and I'll be mounting them as soon as I get my truck.
Sponsored

f150powerboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT POWERBOOST
I have Falkens on my 2020 3.5 and love them. I’ll be putting Grabber ATX on my PB that arrives next month due to being about 7 lbs. lighter per tire. Going with 285/60/20.
No issues with road noise? I'm sure they are 10 ply but I'll look closer.

Littlefield82

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502a PB FX4 5.5'
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I think the advertised 24/24 mpg of the Powerboost has me and others thinking more about mpg than we normally would. I don’t think anyone is going to average 24/24 unless they are in the perfect setup (2wd, street tires, etc) and maybe not even then. Don’t blame anyone for wanting the best they can get though.

gtotco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A FX4 3.5L
I’m in Colorado (live in Denver cabin near Salida) with the standard 3.5 EcoBoost and I put on Duratracs shortly after buying my truck last January. I think your analysis is correct on them - great in the snow but awful on the highway (not great ride or handling, a bit noisy).

I’m going to run them one more winter and then I think I might just go winter tire/summer tire because I just am not sure I like the trade offs of a heavy duty tire for the other 7 or 8 months of the year. I would love to hear peoples thoughts on a less heavy duty 3PMSF tire that checks all the boxes and is a good highway cruiser in addition to winter, because not swapping tires would be ideal. I actually didn’t mind the ride on the stock tires and sort of wish I had kept them instead of selling them when I bought the Duratracs because I didn’t think they were a terrible all around tire, other than that they were awful in the snow.

Sponsored

klvanzu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Anyone running Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3? Reviews seem good, e-rated but only 50 lbs compared to others that are closer to 60, price is good, and they look pretty cool too. Would love some real world feedback though.

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Anyone running Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 3? Reviews seem good, e-rated but only 50 lbs compared to others that are closer to 60, price is good, and they look pretty cool too. Would love some real world feedback though.
I had the Revo on my old diesel Super Duty and replaced them with the Goodyears (I posted about these earlier in this thread.) No complaints that I recall, just not as good for traction or ride (staying round and balanced.)

DBL R

First Name
Jarred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 powerboost
Occupation
PA
Interesting, thanks for the reply. I should consider the Pirelli's as well.
looks like I had the wrong tire sizes pulled up. For stock tire size the pirelli’s are 2 lbs heavier per tire than the hankooks. Sorry for the misinformation.

SouthParkCo2

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicles
2022 F150 PB XLT / 2023 HiHy Limited
Occupation
Retired

f150powerboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT POWERBOOST
I think the advertised 24/24 mpg of the Powerboost has me and others thinking more about mpg than we normally would. I don’t think anyone is going to average 24/24 unless they are in the perfect setup (2wd, street tires, etc) and maybe not even then. Don’t blame anyone for wanting the best they can get though.
Hopefully its a balance between a good purpose tire and a slight loss of MPG. But no one is mentioning road noise? Are all these tires equally as quiet? Ive seen reviews on some treads where people complain but no one here seems concerned.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
I’ve had my Yokohama G015 tires on for about a month now. One of the reasons I chose them is that they are 45# each, not as heavy as most and closer to the OEM Pirellis (40# each). I considered K02s but they are 55# and I don’t see how they can’t be noisier with that tread pattern. The mileage on the G015s seems about the same as stock and they are just as quiet. I haven’t used them in show yet but they should be decent. So far ?

f150powerboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT POWERBOOST
I’ve had my Yokohama G015 tires on for about a month now. One of the reasons I chose them is that they are 45# each, not as heavy as most and closer to the OEM Pirellis (40# each). I considered K02s but they are 55# and I don’t see how they can’t be noisier with that tread pattern. The mileage on the G015s seems about the same as stock and they are just as quiet. I haven’t used them in show yet but they should be decent. So far ?
I think I've narrowed it down to Yokohama G015 and Michelin Defender LTX for now. Both are 10 ply for the camper load and the Michelins look quiet and are primarily for highway driving so my only concern is forestry roads. That will likely lead me to the Yokohamas. The Pirellis look great but I see alot of reviews complaining about highway road noise. I do want these tires to look good on a 20" rim so the more agressive treads like BFG AT won't look right even though they might be the best tire. IMO.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I think I've narrowed it down to Yokohama G015 and Michelin Defender LTX for now. Both are 10 ply for the camper load and the Michelins look quiet and are primarily for highway driving so my only concern is forestry roads. That will likely lead me to the Yokohamas. The Pirellis look great but I see alot of reviews complaining about highway road noise. I do want these tires to look good on a 20" rim so the more agressive treads like BFG AT won't look right even though they might be the best tire. IMO.
That is one reason I'm leaning towards the Yoko G015s is that the Michelins that everyone loves for towing looks like bus tires to me. I'll prob do about 90% pavement and 10% dirt/gravel roads and prob never see snow being in FL. I want something that looks decent, but don't need super knobby mud terrains. I need to tow our 6k lb TT 6-8x per year.
Sponsored