• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
Not at all surprising. It doesn’t bother me either. It would have been a bonus had Ford done it.
Sponsored

AgieF150

First Name
Rakesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 & 22F150 limited, 21 Ram 1500 limited EcoDiesel
For those of you with X-Plan, if you go to the fordpartner.com web site and enter your partner code you can see X-Plan availability for all Ford/Lincoln vehicles. Both the Mach-E and the Maverick show as eligible with X-Plan prices available for the various trim options. Interestingly for the last couple weeks, maybe longer, the F-150 (ICE) has given the message: "Pricing for this vehicle is temporarily not available. Please see your dealer for pricing details." The Lightning has never been listed. Not sure why the ICE F-150 is not there, it always had been (with the exceptions of some models).

Can anyone share a partner code to check prices?

OP
OP
denny@KMFord

denny@KMFord

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
General Sales Manager
This is my first time using the reservation/order process for a car. usually just walk in and buy. I'm about a year out with my reservation number (18,400).

Assuming tomorrow is order day, when do i give a dealer my A-Plan pin? do i need it ready when ordering, or do i need it when they get it delivered and i pick it up? Pins are only valid for 30 days so i'm not going to waste time generating one if i don't need right away. Thanks in advance.
YYou will need to produce the PIN at the time of delivery. If you have a PIN now go ahead and cancel it.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Can anyone share a partner code to check prices?
Yes, Google is your friend. There are a lot of organizations that put it out there for their members. Mine is two letters followed by three numbers.

Sponsored

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
I am glad they are allowing A Plan at least, but if the MME is any indication none of the plans are going to be the same level they are for an ICE F-150. The A-Plan discount on my '21 on top of what rebates were available at the time is the only reason I didn't just hang onto my 2019. I definitely wouldn't have pulled the trigger at the MSRP many trucks have to go for now.

But I suspect I am going to see quite the sticker shock when A-Plan is $1500 off MSRP or something on the Lightning. Again, will be grateful as it means not dealing with ADM or any other nonsense. I just feel like Ford really kneecapped all the plans with the MME since Invoice and MSRP were so close and I suspect the Lightning (even if X-Plan was possible, would probably be $800 off instead of the roughly 4-5k you would see on a comparable prices ICE F-150).

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sequoia/QX60, Maybe Bronco 6G WT
My understanding is that X-plan is "invoice +" pricing which won't make much difference if invoice = MSRP as has been reported. The biggest advantage I saw with X-plan was the assurance against ADM.
This right here. It may not be that much, but if Ford would have allowed X-Plan on the Bronco they wouldn't have the complete and total cluster F they have on their hands right now.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
This article on Ford Authority makes an interesting statement as to why x-plan is not available:
Regardless, it’s an interesting move on Ford’s part given the fact that the Mach-E was eligible for the special discount, though the Bronco was not. However, as the automaker pointed out in the bulletin, this exemption could stem from the fact that the F-150 Lightning has a far more complex invoice pricing structure than ICE-powered F-150 models. “Due to system calculation formulas, printed X-Plan Price may be higher than MSRP,” the automaker notes.
This actually makes sense from what we have seen about MSRP/Invoice pricing...

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
This article on Ford Authority makes an interesting statement as to why x-plan is not available:

This actually makes sense from what we have seen about MSRP/Invoice pricing...
Sounds like BS. The simple fact is that F150L is much more popular than MME was. Same with Bronco.

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
That write up from Ford Authority defies logic. Not that I really care about x plan once I can get MSRP with no ADM or sneaky fees. Why would a lightning with no power plant options, no transmission/differential options, no suspension options (at least based on published info.) to name a few have more complex pricing unless Ford is playing games.

Sponsored
OP
OP
denny@KMFord

denny@KMFord

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
General Sales Manager
This right here. It may not be that much, but if Ford would have allowed X-Plan on the Bronco they wouldn't have the complete and total cluster F they have on their hands right now.
If Ford would have offered X-Plan why would it have been a cluster? This is just out of curiosity. We actually did X-Plan on Bronco and had no issues.

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
As a dealer employee we are really getting hit hard on this invoice structure. For example, on a 2021 F150 with a $73105 MSRP my D-plan price would be $67330(about $5800 discount)This is in addition to any other rebates available. A $73000 Lightning will cost me around $71,600(assuming $1695 Dest charge).

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
As a dealer employee we are really getting hit hard on this invoice structure. For example, on a 2021 F150 with a $73105 MSRP my D-plan price would be $67330(about $5800 discount)This is in addition to any other rebates available. A $73000 Lightning will cost me around $71,600(assuming $1695 Dest charge).
Depends on how you look at it... you are paying $2000 less that everyone else which I bet isn't much different for other trucks when you factor in the "discounts" most folks get on the average truck. You may be used to paying $6000 under MSRP but nobody every paid MSRP in the old model. I certainly wouldn't complain about paying less than than the average person pays.

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
I assume you pass the destination charge onto the purchaser. How do you come to the roughly $70K cost for a $73k MSRP Lightning?

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
Depends on how you look at it... you are paying $2000 less that everyone else which I bet isn't much different for other trucks when you factor in the "discounts" most folks get on the average truck. You may be used to paying $6000 under MSRP but nobody every paid MSRP in the old model. I certainly wouldn't complain about paying less than than the average person pays.
It's actually 1400 dollars but that really was not my point. The invoice structure and dealer payment structure appears to be a huge win for the dealer at the cost of discounts across the board aand the loss of X-Plan completely.
Sponsored