• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
For those of you with X-Plan, if you go to the fordpartner.com web site and enter your partner code you can see X-Plan availability for all Ford/Lincoln vehicles. Both the Mach-E and the Maverick show as eligible with X-Plan prices available for the various trim options. Interestingly for the last couple weeks, maybe longer, the F-150 (ICE) has given the message: "Pricing for this vehicle is temporarily not available. Please see your dealer for pricing details." The Lightning has never been listed. Not sure why the ICE F-150 is not there, it always had been (with the exceptions of some models).
Sponsored

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
For those who aren't familiar with the discount plans:

Plans explained:

A-Plan Pricing Calculation
Ford's A-Plan is intended for Ford employees. This is often considered to be the best possible deal out of Ford's discounted Plan offers.​
How it's calculated: Invoice - Holdback - Advertising Fee + $275 program fee​

Z-Plan Pricing Calculation
The Z-Plan is identical to the A-Plan but applies to Ford retirees. Since the programs are so similar, they are frequently referenced together as A/Z Plan.​
How it's calculated: Same as A-Plan​

X-Plan Pricing Calculation
The X-Plan is actually two programs that equate to a discount for friends, family, and groups with special affiliations with Ford.​
The Ford Partner Recognition X-Plan is essentially a supplier discount that members of certain companies that do business with Ford may qualify for.​
The Friends & Neighbors X-Plan is a much broader set that can be used by employees and retirees to sponsor purchases by family and individuals outside their family.​
How it's calculated: Invoice - 0.4% + $275 program fee​

Last edited:

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
How it's calculated: Invoice - 0.4% + $275 program fee​
Actually, normally X-Plan pricing is Invoice - 4% (not 0.4%) + $275, but for Mustang Mach-E it is Invoice - 2% + $275. So the common assumption was that if Lightning would follow MME discount and not the typical X-Plan discount.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Actually, normally X-Plan pricing is Invoice - 4% (not 0.4%) + $275, but for Mustang Mach-E it is Invoice - 2% + $275. So the common assumption was that if Lightning would follow MME discount and not the typical X-Plan discount.
What is your source for this? Everything I have heard or currently find via google indicates 0.4%

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
What is your source for this? Everything I have heard or currently find via google indicates 0.4%
Huh, I just checked it on the Ford website and you are correct. I wonder if they recently changed it. I know it was 2% off for the Mach-e.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Huh, I just checked it on the Ford website and you are correct. I wonder if they recently changed it. I know it was 2% off for the Mach-e.
I think I see the confusion, it worked out to be about 2% off of MSRP for the MME.

The actual formula appears to be a bit more complicated and depends on the current dealer holdback amount which the public does not have access to: https://www.fordpartner.com/partnercaweb/planRules.do?link=faq

I was told invoice * .996 + $275 to get a fairly close estimate a couple of years ago.

OP
OP
denny@KMFord

denny@KMFord

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
General Sales Manager
For those who aren't familiar with the discount plans:

Plans explained:

A-Plan Pricing Calculation
Ford's A-Plan is intended for Ford employees. This is often considered to be the best possible deal out of Ford's discounted Plan offers.​
How it's calculated: Invoice - Holdback - Advertising Fee + $275 program fee​

Z-Plan Pricing Calculation
The Z-Plan is identical to the A-Plan but applies to Ford retirees. Since the programs are so similar, they are frequently referenced together as A/Z Plan.​
How it's calculated: Same as A-Plan​

The X-Plan is actually two programs that equate to a discount for friends, family, and groups with special affiliations with Ford.​
The Ford Partner Recognition X-Plan is essentially a supplier discount that members of certain companies that do business with Ford may qualify for.​
The Friends & Neighbors X-Plan is a much broader set that can be used by employees and retirees to sponsor purchases by family and individuals outside their family.​
How it's calculated: Invoice - 4.0% + $275 program fee​
Just FYI Ford is not following pricing with the old formulas for Lightning they are using the following:

AXZD PLAN PRICING AND COMMISSSIONS 2022 model year F-150 Lightning and E-Transit will be eligible for A/Z and D-Plan pricing. X-Plan pricing will not be eligible for these vehicles.

• AZD-Plan pricing will appear on the vehicle invoice, as is the case for all eligible Ford products.

• X-Plan Pricing will appear on the vehicle invoice even though the vehicles are not eligible for XPlan, and due to system calculation formulas, printed X-Plan Price may be higher than MSRP. F-150 Lightning and E-Transit will be offering A (A= Employee), Z (Z= Ford Retiree), D (D= dealer employee) Plan pricing on all series at time of order.

• Plan Business provides eligible employees and family members with the following discounts: – AZ-Plan: Dealer Invoice – 2.25% x (MSRP less D&D) + $275 Admin Fee – D-Plan: Dealer Invoice – 2.25% x (MSRP less D&D) + $275 Admin Fee +$100

Here is a screenshot of the release.

Ford F-150 Lightning 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning not eligible for X-Plan pricing. Qualifies for A/Z and D-Plan pricing AXZD.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
denny@KMFord

denny@KMFord

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
General Sales Manager
I called it! It's all academic really, since many dealerships aren't participating in any of the plans currently or even budging from MSRP

Even Ford Escapes are selling the same day that they roll off the transport trucks. It's just crazy!

Pretty confident that the answer is no. However, a good dealer might humor it, since the doc fee is just made up.
We are honoring all plan pricing that Ford puts out period regardless of what your buying. The doc fee here in CA is only $85.00

Sponsored
OP
OP
denny@KMFord

denny@KMFord

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
General Sales Manager
If they would have accepted X-plan it would be about $200 anyway. Not a big deal.
So we actaully did X-Plan pricing with Bronco. As long as you arrived the day of delviery with a valid X-Plan pin we honored what the pricing would have been if Ford had offered it.

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Just FYI Ford is not following pricing with the old formulas for Lightning they are using the following:

AXZD PLAN PRICING AND COMMISSSIONS 2022 model year F-150 Lightning and E-Transit will be eligible for A/Z and D-Plan pricing. X-Plan pricing will not be eligible for these vehicles.

• AZD-Plan pricing will appear on the vehicle invoice, as is the case for all eligible Ford products.

• X-Plan Pricing will appear on the vehicle invoice even though the vehicles are not eligible for XPlan, and due to system calculation formulas, printed X-Plan Price may be higher than MSRP. F-150 Lightning and E-Transit will be offering A (A= Employee), Z (Z= Ford Retiree), D (D= dealer employee) Plan pricing on all series at time of order.

• Plan Business provides eligible employees and family members with the following discounts: – AZ-Plan: Dealer Invoice – 2.25% x (MSRP less D&D) + $275 Admin Fee – D-Plan: Dealer Invoice – 2.25% x (MSRP less D&D) + $275 Admin Fee +$100

Here is a screenshot of the release.

AXZD.PNG
can you hire me as a remote worker so that I can get D plan pricing :)
On a serious note, thx for sharing great information with us…

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
This is my first time using the reservation/order process for a car. usually just walk in and buy. I'm about a year out with my reservation number (18,400).

Assuming tomorrow is order day, when do i give a dealer my A-Plan pin? do i need it ready when ordering, or do i need it when they get it delivered and i pick it up? Pins are only valid for 30 days so i'm not going to waste time generating one if i don't need right away. Thanks in advance.

JayKay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
This is my first time using the reservation/order process for a car. usually just walk in and buy. I'm about a year out with my reservation number (18,400).

Assuming tomorrow is order day, when do i give a dealer my A-Plan pin? do i need it ready when ordering, or do i need it when they get it delivered and i pick it up? Pins are only valid for 30 days so i'm not going to waste time generating one if i don't need right away. Thanks in advance.
You only need your pin when you take delivery and pay for/finance the vehicle. The authorization numbers don’t affect ordering at all.

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
Ah well, I guess I got that aviation membership for nothing ;)
Sponsored