First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Fx4guy. So by your own admission you have never experienced full bluecruse 1.0 in operation and you still make assumptions? Why contribute to this thread if you don't have first hand experience. For a guy that is so jaded on ford you seem to have spent a great deal of time today. " two different service managers and several dealers" at that today? I call bullshit! No one does that.
You have made it clear that you don't have any real first hand experience with ford's blue cruise hands free. Let alone BC 1.2. Your contribution to this thread is toxic and the more you speak out about something you don't even have leaves us thinking your full of crap.
I just couldn't take your crap anymore. If you want help to get it working I'm available. I have hand loaded every update. Dealers don't care to help and they will not offer up any solutions for things they can't bill for. There is a ton of threads on this forum that have some very valuable help and alot if very happy ford owners that are enjoying a remarkable bit of kit but with your attitude I wouldn't lift a finger to help. Tone it down a little
Sponsored

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
There is no difference between ford's self lane centering and blue cruise outside of the driver watching camera. That's it. Same code, same hardware.
Really? You actually seen the code? Remarkable!
Your special. I have BT 1.2 and I can say your statement is untrue. BT 1.2 takes all the features of ford's development of sensors, radar, lane control, speed control, a bit of AI and produces what I think is a Remarkable product. I have an idea what goes into the final product.
Your comment is like saying a cheese burger is all the same. Same meat. Same bun. Same cheese. So if the ingredients are the same then every cheeseburger is exactly the same.
What's up with the negative attitudes here?
Why not start a " I hate ford's bluecruse" thread. So much negatively from people that haven't a clue.

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I'm kinda looking forward to you fetching that Tundra. :)

I'm not the least bit bothered by the smack Ford takes by those that are unhappy with the product.

But your declaration that anyone who uses these modern features are somehow inferior drivers, at least compared to you, or they are old, as if that's a human value assessment........

Anyways, I rarely take this kind of bait, but I really hope Ford buys your truck back. Lol
Ha ha ha. Love that!!!! I took the Bait too

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Really? You actually seen the code? Remarkable!
Your (you're) special. I have BT (BC) 1.2 and I can say your statement is untrue. BT (BC)1.2 takes all the features of ford's development of sensors, radar, lane control, speed control, a bit of AI (ford doesn't make the sensors) and produces what I think is a Remarkable product. I have an idea what goes into the final product.
Your comment is like saying a cheese burger is all the same. Same meat. Same bun. Same cheese. So if the ingredients are the same then every cheeseburger is exactly the same.
What's up with the negative attitudes here?
Why not start a " I hate ford's bluecruse" thread. So much negatively from people that haven't a clue.
You should really get some new devices if you're stuck on bluetooth 1.2. That's a really old protocol.
I do hope whoever sold you on the hardware being unique between the two systems, also didn't offer you a great deal on beach front property in AZ that you took them up on.

Sponsored

PatchManager

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
Consumer Reports recently rated the active driving assistance features from 12 different brands including Ford, GMC, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Tesla, Rivian, and others. BlueCruise 1.0 had an overall score of 84, which was 9 points higher than second place, which was GMC with a 75, and Mercedes-Benz was third at 72. Of the 5 categories scored, Ford scored higher in every category of the top 5 except for one point lower for Capabilities and Performance than Mercedes-Benz and one point lower than GMC for Unresponsive Driver.

The little that I have used BlueCruise, it was excellent, and I'm looking forward to 1.2 even more now. With that said, even though I haven't had much of an opportunity to use it yet, I would be very disappointed if BlueCruise hands free was not working in my truck.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Me getting caught up at night with a few unread pages to go just as things are getting saucy...

Ford F-150 BlueCruise 1.2 installed in F-150 -- review & hands-free driving video 1678762718560

Y'all got way too friendly and helpful too quick as much as he was dogging all over BC*, should have let him out to dry a little bit longer under his bridge IMO 😄

*Lane Centering

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
There is no difference between ford's self lane centering and blue cruise outside of the driver watching camera. That's it. Same code, same hardware.
Yep, pretty much, exactly why I'm looking forward to the new IPMA software as I'm curious how much better it'll make just lane centering for me.

Spiffy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 platinum powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Yep, pretty much, exactly why I'm looking forward to the new IPMA software as I'm curious how much better it'll make just lane centering for me.
Some people are going to bitch if they got hung with a new rope. At least you get it. With the software from the ipma along with 1.2 lane centering is really good. There is some here that think complaining about tech they know nothing about is going to get then into a buy back. Part of me wants to help show them how to fix it but most of me is thinking they deserve to be ticked off. There is a thread here that they can post their VIN and someone will tell them if they have BC capacity and if for some reason their software is up to date. But I’m thinking they subconsciously don’t want things to work. They just want to complain.

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I had a SC equipped GM for all of 2 months. Not sure if it's true of all trims, but super cruise was either on and hands free, or it was strictly radar cruise with no lane centering. When they opened up more roads, right before I got rid of it, the logic was pretty dumb w/ out a lane centering option. I'd get stretches of highway some shorter than a mile where it was 'hands free' and then back to full-time hands on / no lane centering while on state highways.

Yet there's a company out there that could basically offer a tesla like system for stop and go via a device added below rearview mirror. Forget who it is but it's a pretty neat system for what it is. Fits many brands, ford wasn't one.

As for those who want to replace the IPMA, I'd suggest to hold off until the new one starts showing up with the better hardware in it, not just the old w/ the 1.2 update. Our current hardware is shit to put it nicely. It squeaks by okay with the 12" center screen, but those of us w/ the 15" screens have to put up with constant stuttering due to shit hardware. Did I mention the hardware was shit?
I now own a GMC 1500 Denali Ultimate with Super Cruise. It's significantly more advanced and works flawlessly. Lane changing is never a surprise as it vibrates the seat bottom on the side its going to change to before anything happens. I don't miss the steering wheel vibration that Ford uses to alert about lane keeping. GMC uses a vibration in the seat. No drop outs on tight Interstate curves. Yesterday it actually returned to my previous lane after a pass while negotiating a curve at the same time.

There are few Super Cruise threads because there's nothing to complain about.
It sounds like Super Cruise is well polished but the fact that otherwise you only have lane keep assist is why I'd not buy a GM vehicle. It's why I said forget the Sierra, and also why I just bought my wife a Navigator instead of the Escalade. It's 2023, vehicles that can self drive without available lane centering shouldn't even exist, in my opinion. It makes no sense.

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I could be wrong, but there has to be an explanation why GM currently deployed with the all-or-nothing model.

It just makes no sense why SuperCruise Lite doesn't exist.
(Hands-on version for non certified roads)

I'm rarely on official Bluecruise roadways, but it IS Ford's Bluecruise technology that I am enjoying every single day on many roads with Adaptive Cruise/Lane Centering. It's a wonderful way to experience modern commuting. And SAFER in so many ways.

Of course Toyota publicly stated their Hybrid Tundra customers weren't interested in a ProPower onboard like feature. So THAT'S why it's not available. Officially! 🙄

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
I could be wrong, but there has to be an explanation why GM currently deployed with the all-or-nothing model.

It just makes no sense why SuperCruise Lite doesn't exist.
(Hands-on version for non certified roads)

I'm rarely on official Bluecruise roadways, but it IS Ford's Bluecruise technology that I am enjoying every single day on many roads with Adaptive Cruise/Lane Centering. It's a wonderful way to experience modern commuting. And SAFER in so many ways.

Of course Toyota publicly stated their Hybrid Tundra customers weren't interested in a ProPower onboard like feature. So THAT'S why it's not available. Officially! 🙄
100%. I'll be curious to see if 1.2 improves Lane centering also.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
100%. I'll be curious to see if 1.2 improves Lane centering also.
I'm optimistic.
It's software. Literally.
It's common for versioning in software for every release of 1.X that as "X" increases the code is addressing bugs as well as possibly adding features.
I know everyone likes the new features part, but I really enjoy the polishing up of the previous code myself. Which in this case, might be exactly what you described as improved Lane Centering.

I'm with you! Although I admit that my 2022 arrived with better Lane Centering behavior than my 2021 did. It wouldn't have been hardware, as we now know.

zacko11288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariet
Occupation
Engineering
I'm optimistic.
It's common for versioning in software for every release of 1.X that as "X" increases the code is addressing bugs as well as possibly adding features.
I know everyone likes the new features part, but I really enjoy the polishing up of the previous code myself. Which in this case, might be exactly what you described as improved Lane Centering.

I'm with you! Although I admit that my 2022 arrived with better Lane Centering behavior than my 2021 did. It wouldn't have been hardware, as we now know.
My '21 scares me sometimes with Lane centering. When it first engages it seems to go all the way to one side of the lane and then center as if it's getting it's bearing. It will also get confused when passing turn lanes, sometimes jerking the wheel trying to follow the other lane. Other than that it's been great

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I'm optimistic.

The 1.2 update does bring the full functionality down to the hands-on mode, including lane change and lane scootch. The 23 MME comes with 1.2 from the factory. They also deleted the parking assist feature which I believe was the the side ultrasonics. They won't divulge precisely what sensors are used, including the cameras (I suspect those are being used for lane change).

Somewhere, there's going to be a line drawn, probably quite ugly, as to which F150s can get the official 1.2 software. Given the MME delete, we can assume the side firing ultrasonics aren't in the equation. One thing ford did w/ the MME is put the 360 cams in all cars making it a paid feature that can be later activated -- that's a sign IMO.

The revised centering logic will trickle into all of the trucks that have it (easy given due to increased safety), as to lane change I'm going to assume that will be limited to 360 cam vehicles. I don't see any other means for making sure the vehicle doesn't merge on top of a motorcycle w/out 'vision'. No ADAS system has 'memory' (tracking of occluded objects) outside of tesla's beta, so it doesn't know if something is perfectly hidden along side of it w/out taking a peek via camera.
Sponsored