Sponsored

Which Technologies to embrace

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I'm hoping that Ford adds 2 features in the future. That might make me want to trade in my new (when I get it) 2022 Lariat.

A proper digital rearview mirror. Come on you are adding a wonderful suite of safety features but you do not have a digital rearview mirror yet? At least let us use the rear camera on the big screen without some stupid black warning sign blocking the view. (Maybe coming with update) Can you imagine actually having your truck loaded with "stuff" blocking your regular rearview from your mirror. Who would have thought?

Turn on your directional and not only use the BLIS but get a camera view of the blind side. Hyundia already does this with the Sante Fe. This is the feature I am hoping I can add after I get my truck. I would love to be able to turn on the directional and see the blind side view on the big screen. Even if I had to add more cameras and a dedicated monitor I would love to have this. I will have to explore camping trailer equipment to see if this animal exists.
Sponsored

erixgix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lariat 502A PB BAP
I’m a big advocate of turning your own opinion. Leave it all in and see what doesn’t work for your preferences. Preconceived notions can have you miss out on something you may actually like.

Case in point. Driving my wife’s ‘21 Honda Passport had me very anti-adaptive cruise as it can’t judge closing rate or distance at all, and defaults to aggressive braking versus reasonable modulation. But I found the F150’s is quite good and a pleasant surprise.

Like you OP, I loathe driving nannies. My Z06 was the last car I was got with them on in certain situations. I didn’t expect to leave so many intact on a truck, but kudos to Ford.

Outside the speed sign recognition mentioned, when I remember to do it, I turn off stability control. It could use some attention imo to avoid a borderline dangerous parameter choice.

Chilidog

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, Lariat, 5.0, Fx4, 502A, Carbonized Gray
The lane keeping assist takes some getting used to because sometimes it will take over the steering even when you don't think it needs to. It's a little annoying at first but I leave it on just in case I happen to be looking for wild life instead of looking at the road.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
i use all except the speed sign recognition.
i still have the current speed limit thing white flash on the speedo. and the DING if i enter an active school zone.

the evasive steering has saved my bacon, along with the AEB.
i like the lane centering, now that i have it all figured and stopped fighting it.

earlier in the year i had a car at 65mph decide to STOP now and turn left.
i was running with adaptive cruise
truck slowed fast and steered right to go into the emergency lane and went around the now stopped car and then resumed 65
it braked faster than my foot could move
it has even paused or interrupted fwd velocity when a deer ran across,
i think that last one was luck and not so much truck seeing a car,
Bah! I skipped lane centering when ordering because I thought it was a nanny that would beep at me if I wasn't exactly centered in the lane. My wifes Bronco Sport has it and I wish we had bought the Bronco Sport 1st so I could have tried it out. Now that I drove the Bronco and tried it,, I wished I had ordered it on my truck... Love the adaptive cruise on the wifes Bronco too. Damn it.

Edit: That was a lot of I's.....

Sponsored

OP
OP

McGuyver

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra, Grand National
Use all except speed sign recognition, but sometimes turn that on too. Usually only turn the speed sign recognition feature on when on long drives out in the middle of nowhere
Just use it as is and turn things off as you go and find they annoy you.
Some of the best advice so far! Appreciate the input and look forward to utilizing the various features.

Oh, and cutting down on the use of “I” can’t hurt either! 😃😃😃

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
i see RAM now has a digital rear view camera mirror for when you have a trailer in tow and it has the optional trailer camera installed. so the rear view of the long long trailer is now what shows up as an option to aid driving

that is an outstanding feature. i have similar in my motorhome its the shiiiit imo

only used 2 "I"s

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i see RAM now has a digital rear view camera mirror for when you have a trailer in tow and it has the optional trailer camera installed. so the rear view of the long long trailer is now what shows up as an option to aid driving

that is an outstanding feature. i have similar in my motorhome its the shiiiit imo

only used 2 "I"s
GM has that as well.

Remote starting the truck this morning in 30 degree weather and getting in with the seat, steering wheel and cabin pre warmed was very nice!
So... you weren't chilly then, dog?

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
GM has that as well.

So... you weren't chilly then, dog?
i am banned from GM websites... (y) :unsure: its an interesting thing, and makes one wonder why if 2 have it, ford has not done the simple software to make it "SO" right now. especially the side cameras view with turn signal. that is a great feature when the long long trailer is in tow, it lets you double check for those places where vehicles are hidden .. imo ONE more tool to make your lane changes safe are a benefit.
now of course in emergency maneuvers to avoid things, would preclude the side camera use
i use side cameras ALL the time in the motorhome, people like to hide near the rear wheels in a blind spot on the mirrors

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i am banned from GM websites... (y) :unsure: its an interesting thing, and makes one wonder why if 2 have it, ford has not done the simple software to make it "SO" right now. especially the side cameras view with turn signal. that is a great feature when the long long trailer is in tow, it lets you double check for those places where vehicles are hidden .. imo ONE more tool to make your lane changes safe are a benefit.
now of course in emergency maneuvers to avoid things, would preclude the side camera use
i use side cameras ALL the time in the motorhome, people like to hide near the rear wheels in a blind spot on the mirrors
I don't go on any GM websites. Just saw it on newsfeeds. MSN or whatever.
Agreed. I'd love that feature as I tow an RV.

Sponsored

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Glad I could be the change I want to see in the wor...dang it!

The lane keeping assist takes some getting used to because sometimes it will take over the steering even when you don't think it needs to.
Incase you didn't notice, You can change it to "rumble," and pretty sure different intensities, so it's like highway edge bumps.

Turn on your directional and not only use the BLIS but get a camera view of the blind side.
Especially because this view already exists in the Pro Trailer Backup views!

Chilidog

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, Lariat, 5.0, Fx4, 502A, Carbonized Gray

Incase you didn't notice, You can change it to "rumble," and pretty sure different intensities, so it's like highway edge bumps.

My steering wheel is set to vibrate if I cross over the line without signaling and the lane keep assist will steer if it thinks I am getting too close to the line even when I think I'm not really that close to the line.

DillonTX91

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
the stop and go adaptive cruise IMO is the cats meow, in traffic
I still haven't been able to just let the truck stop itself. Do you guys let the truck slow down and completely stop itself, let's say from 65mph to stop, without ever touching the pedal? Or are you just using it for lower-speed stop-and-go traffic?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I still haven't been able to just let the truck stop itself. Do you guys let the truck slow down and completely stop itself, let's say from 65mph to stop, without ever touching the pedal? Or are you just using it for lower-speed stop-and-go traffic?
You do mean with a vehicle in front of you that is and will be stopping as well?

Sure, I have. It's an eery feeling the first few times. And I have pulled the plug on the AI if the vehicle in front is slowing more aggressively than I can trust!

But yes, I've allowed ACC to do its thing. It's creepy but cool. Especially if the vehicle in front is being driven smoothly, so to speak.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation

i have only seen the side view when backing up,
are you saying its available in fwd with turn signal? that would be very nice
Sponsored