Trying to decide which 2021 color

Cakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 King Ranch
Occupation
Retired
I currently own a black two-tone King Ranch. Trying to decide between 2021 Rapid Red two-tone King Ranch, Star White two-tone or a Star White Platinum, both with Chrome package. Would welcome any feedback on colors and/or differences between King Ranch and Platinum.
Sponsored

Last edited:

lcrain

First Name
Lawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150, '95 911 c2, '97 miata, '98 M3/4/5
I am not really a red truck guy. I personally like the two tone KR. White two tone/no chrome would be my preference for KR. That said, while I like the brown interior of the King Ranch, it is A LOT of brown. They also went a bit overboard on the KR logos everywhere. So I am leaning towards a platinum with the carmelo interior.

Can't really go wrong though, IMO.

Sponsored

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, BAP, 3.5EB
I am partial to Iconic Silver
Me too. I alternate my truck colors from white to silver. The ‘21 fell on silver.

There’s way too much sheet metal to keep clean, therefore I always opt for those two colors to help me out.

Ford4Life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Explorer ST
Occupation
Financial Advisor
If you pay attention while you're out and about, just about every truck is white, black, silver, or gray. I can include myself in that category for now as my current truck is magnetic. My new truck will be antimatter blue. For me I wanted something a little different that didn't fall in the white/black variation. (Yes I know Antimatter looks black a lot of the time).
In your case I think the two tone is different and red would be different so I'd lean that way if you are looking to stand out a little more. If you don't care about that then I'd simply say that whatever color you find sharpest, go with it.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
I'm ordering a Platinum. Star White is a very good looking color, but I have decided on Smoked Quartz after thinking about it waaaaay too much. If I were going KR, I would likely choose SW as my base color on the two-tone package. It will be sharp!

Note: the Platinum does not come with a Chrome Package

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
I saw a Rapid Red two tone KR 2020 on my local dealer and the color combination is just GORGEOUS. If I could afford a KR as opposed to the Lariat I bought I would definitely do Rapid Red with the KR brown.

Ps. Red is the best color you heathens

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
I currently have a black two-tone King Ranch and am ordering a 2021 King Ranch or Platinum. Trying to decide between Rapid Red two-tone KR, Star White two-tone KR or a Star White Platinum, all with Chrome package.
Attached are my Rapid Red pictures. Just picked up last night.

Ford F-150 Trying to decide which 2021 color 20210112_094042

Ford F-150 Trying to decide which 2021 color 20210112_094106

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Power-Boost; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Corporate Pilot; retired Air Traffic Controller
If you pay attention while you're out and about, just about every truck is white, black, silver, or gray. I can include myself in that category for now as my current truck is magnetic. My new truck will be antimatter blue. For me I wanted something a little different that didn't fall in the white/black variation. (Yes I know Antimatter looks black a lot of the time).
In your case I think the two tone is different and red would be different so I'd lean that way if you are looking to stand out a little more. If you don't care about that then I'd simply say that whatever color you find sharpest, go with it.
I have an Antimatter limited and while it looks somewhat dark in the dark, it is a very good looking blue in the sunlight or artificial light. My last two F150 were gray and I really like the change.
Sponsored