First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XL on order 67 Dodge Coronet 440
Occupation
Retired
Kinda funny when building a standard cab F150 with 101A. It says it includes 10 B&O speakers with Unleashed available. Where the heck they gonna put 10 speakers in that small a cab? (unless they went with 4 coaxials in door/B-pillar and 2 in dash). But dealer squashed that, said B&O only for higher up trims.
Sponsored

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
What is sound check??
It is a "feature" that reduces the sound level of songs to try to make them all about the same. It results in most song volumes being reduced significantly. You can find it under Settings, Music, Sound Check.

Ford F-150 B & O UNLEASHED, but what? IMG_AB3525509E50-1

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
It is a "feature" that reduces the sound level of songs to try to make them all about the same. It results in most song volumes being reduced significantly. You can find it under Settings, Music, Sound Check.

IMG_AB3525509E50-1.jpeg
Thanks, I'll check it out.

EatDirtFartDust

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
Does Sound Check feature change sound from Spotify, or just Apple Music?

Sponsored

kenpitt

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150
Occupation
retired
My B&O unleashed seems to sound best when I 1) select surround mode 2) adjust fader so big "dot" is in center of rear seat floor in animation. Just on floor, not on seat. Seems like this brings up headrest and ceiling speaker volumes and reduces bass so you can then boost back up the 3 tone levels to your taste. You can definitely hear surround effect with fader biased towards rear. I use Spotify premium on Iphone X so music source is good quality. Hopes this helps.
Tried your suggestion, much better, thank you.

SteveP150

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
My B&O unleashed seems to sound best when I 1) select surround mode 2) adjust fader so big "dot" is in center of rear seat floor in animation. Just on floor, not on seat. Seems like this brings up headrest and ceiling speaker volumes and reduces bass so you can then boost back up the 3 tone levels to your taste. You can definitely hear surround effect with fader biased towards rear. I use Spotify premium on Iphone X so music source is good quality. Hopes this helps.
Agree with this. Definitely improves the overall balance and sound. It still would be nice to have more individual speaker control so one could turn down the front center channel, but this adjustment made a big difference for me.
As far as overall sound, it's pretty darn good. A massive improvement from my 4 Runner, which had both a noisier cabin and a worse sound system.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Mercedes, Lexus, Vettes, BMW's

Blows away all of them.
Think you must have a lemon..
Have you checked out another unleashed?
Maybe rip it out and build you a new one.
Don't feel sad for us, we love what we got..
I feel sad for you........

RyanStroeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost - Leadfoot
Mercedes, Lexus, Vettes, BMW's

Blows away all of them.
Think you must have a lemon..
Have you checked out another unleashed?
Maybe rip it out and build you a new one.
Don't feel sad for us, we love what we got..
I feel sad for you........
Respectfully, the Unleashed system is poor at best. No crips clean low end, soundstage isn't that great, too many speakers resulting in poor phase and time alignment - it's a gimmick. I'm happy for you that you like it.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Respectfully, the Unleashed system is poor at best. No crips clean low end, soundstage isn't that great, too many speakers resulting in poor phase and time alignment - it's a gimmick. I'm happy for you that you like it.
Thanks...
I guess I'm easily satisfied and thankful that I do like it..

Good luck to you

Sponsored

JetTremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Tremor 402A
Occupation
Pilot
I came from a 19' Silverado with the Bose system and that was pretty good. The B&O Unleashed system is comparable.

OP
OP

dannko58

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, Powerboost, Supercrew, FX4, 502A
Occupation
Professional Bum
Stick your ears down on the front doors silver speakers, I don't even know what that mush is coming out of them. Sounds like a full range speaker with a foot of cardboard over it. It's not low, not high, and not even mid. Don't know what it is. Yet I have adjusted my system the best I can and well I am stuck with it and it's ok on some sources.

RyanStroeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost - Leadfoot
any suggestion for an audio upgrade for us Unleashed guys? Looks to me like the only thing on the market right now is the Navtv ZenA2B unit, but then you're stuck with a hole in the cab when you pull the subwoofer out...
I called PacAudio to ask about an Amplifier Interface, they said it'll be out within the next 6 months for the 2021 f150...
Sponsored