OP
OP
spud_41

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
What settings are you all using? We don't have a lot of choice between treble, mid and bass, stereo or surround.
Yea, it's disappointing. I've messed around with it a bit and haven't found a setting I like across the board, I have bass +3, treble +1 or 2, & mid is even to +/-1.
Sponsored

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150 5.0, 2021 F150 hybrid
Yea, it's disappointing. I've messed around with it a bit and haven't found a setting I like across the board, I have bass +3, treble +1 or 2, & mid is even to +/-1.
There are a couple of things that I am trying to figure out. Most true audiophile systems are designed to work in Stereo. Surround is more of a movie atmosphere. The best sound in audiophile systems comes from a wire, not wireless. At least the home audio systems that run about 100 grand.

Stereo seems louder on the B and O unleashed and is really good. I was always told that true audiophile systems you cant determine where the sound is coming from, other than it seems to be right in front of you. Maybe instruments to the side but center stage is usually singers.

I have found that the music choice makes a difference and how the music was recorded.

This system is very clear and not overwhelming. My B and O in my 18 was loud, the sound was good but not on the level of this Unleashed system. I am sure that some audio tech will test it against the previous generation and we will see the difference.
By ear, the new one is hands down better IMO.

OP
OP
spud_41

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There are a couple of things that I am trying to figure out. Most true audiophile systems are designed to work in Stereo. Surround is more of a movie atmosphere. The best sound in audiophile systems comes from a wire, not wireless. At least the home audio systems that run about 100 grand.

Stereo seems louder on the B and O unleashed and is really good. I was always told that true audiophile systems you cant determine where the sound is coming from, other than it seems to be right in front of you. Maybe instruments to the side but center stage is usually singers.

I have found that the music choice makes a difference and how the music was recorded.

This system is very clear and not overwhelming. My B and O in my 18 was loud, the sound was good but not on the level of this Unleashed system. I am sure that some audio tech will test it against the previous generation and we will see the difference.
I agree. The way the music was recorded makes a big difference on this system, which is making me listen to more newer pop than I normally would.

CnB150Lariat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, PB, Fx4, SuperCrew w/5.5 Bed
Some hi-def videos with 24bit audio. There’s something for everyone in the playlist. Sounds great on headphones curious to see how it will sound when I play it in the truck.

freddyttt

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F150 XLT
Occupation
Floors
Jethro Tull sounds pretty awesome. His voice sounds crystal clear and seems to be split in a few different speakers.

Sponsored

Planner

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150

I took delivery of my truck this week and I have the B&O Unleashed. I can't hear the sound coming from the headset speakers and it actually sounds like everything is coming from directly in front of me. I'm admittedly not a connoisseur of sound and my wife tells me I'm deaf... but I thought maybe my speakers aren't working properly until I read what you wrote here.... I still may have my dealer check into the speaker system.

Norheat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150 5.0, 2021 F150 hybrid
I took delivery of my truck this week and I have the B&O Unleashed. I can't hear the sound coming from the headset speakers and it actually sounds like everything is coming from directly in front of me. I'm admittedly not a connoisseur of sound and my wife tells me I'm deaf... but I thought maybe my speakers aren't working properly until I read what you wrote here.... I still may have my dealer check into the speaker system.
If you play a FLAC or Hi Res audio song you can hear the headrest speakers and the roof. You will have to turn your head and put your ear on each side of the head rest and up to the roof. Surround setting will definitely include the roof and headrest.

Here is a link to some high res jazz.
Another good artist that records in Hi Res is Eva Cassidy.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
spud_41

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you switch it to surround sound you should be able to hear the other speakers as long as the songs are high quality. Try Bubbles by Josi Horikawa and you should hear every speaker. Also if you press and hold the next track button on the steering wheel and the one on the dash each speaker will beep separately so you know they're working.

Codge24

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Plarinum, 2019 CRV 2021 & toys galore
Don't have my truck yet and don't know when ill get it but the 1st song I'll play is "Trust" by Megadeath followed by anything from Clockwork Angels by Rush.

Sponsored

2AActuary

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Plat, Bronco; Audi R8, S5, Q7; Cayenne
I went to my local dealership today as they had a Platinum and a Limited on the lot. I’m awaiting my Platinum order, but hadn’t actually seen an interior higher than the Lariat.

The clarity of the B&O Unleashed was impressive, but I wasn’t blown away by the high end. Of course it is single digit temperatures right now we were playing around with other features, so I’ll reserve judgement until I take possession of mine - and get some hours under the belt for the woofers to break in.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Just wanted to throw a couple songs out there that I think show off the unleashed system very well, and if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Both of these songs are a little different but using android auto or Apple carplay with the audio on high settings they sound great.

Bubbles by Yosi Horikawa. It's a bit like asmr but you can hear all the speakers working and it's a fantastic effect.

Jack Sparrow by The Lonely Island & Michael Bolton. If you don't like cussing or comedy I don't recommend it but it has a little talking, bass, low and high vocals, a little edm etc (someone else could describe it better than I can).
Bubbles is great..

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Set your fade to move the sound further to the back.
They are all set by default to mostly come from the front..
Then turn on surround sound..
Definitely will hear the difference..

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
Just wanted to throw a couple songs out there that I think show off the unleashed system very well, and if anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Both of these songs are a little different but using android auto or Apple carplay with the audio on high settings they sound great.

Bubbles by Yosi Horikawa. It's a bit like asmr but you can hear all the speakers working and it's a fantastic effect.

Jack Sparrow by The Lonely Island & Michael Bolton. If you don't like cussing or comedy I don't recommend it but it has a little talking, bass, low and high vocals, a little edm etc (someone else could describe it better than I can).
I went back and listened to Bubbles today..
I'm not a true Audiophile but I know what sounds incredible..
This song track set on Surround Sound, volume at 17 and it's a guarantee you will hear every speaker in the truck..
Any doubts that anything is coming from the headrest, I assure you, you will hear it also..
This was a great post for knowing what it can sound like.
This was played by BT from my android S-10+..
Any more you can recommend in this category, please do..
Loved it.
Thanks...........
Sponsored