Sponsored

B & O UNLEASHED, but what?

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
lol, I swear it’s a disease. I will not even go over to the12volt website anymore, so I don’t have to see all the crazy stuff they are doing.

That is some top notch gear you had in that truck. I feel the same. This truck was my 50th bday gift to myself and probably the last gas vehicle that I’ll get to buy. I think I can hold out for a while since it isn’t my daily driver, but if my little Volvo craps out, I’ll probably start shopping for amps, lol.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
My 2017 with stock sound system was more enjoyable with the windows down at highway speed. I was expecting more from the B&O system.

OP
OP

dannko58

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, Powerboost, Supercrew, FX4, 502A
Occupation
Professional Bum
lol, I swear it’s a disease. I will not even go over to the12volt website anymore, so I don’t have to see all the crazy stuff they are doing.

That is some top notch gear you had in that truck. I feel the same. This truck was my 50th bday gift to myself and probably the last gas vehicle that I’ll get to buy. I think I can hold out for a while since it isn’t my daily driver, but if my little Volvo craps out, I’ll probably start shopping for amps, lol.
My whole point was for 695 option over what's in the 502A high end package, this thing should sound good, now I would like to see the designers and listeners that think this is an upgrade. I have heard better out of cars with 2-6x9's in the door. Plus the EQ on the system should have at least two more settings in the mid bass and mid treble area, and a sub level adjustment. Car manufacturers really drop the ball on audio and exterior mods like wheels/tires.

OP
OP

dannko58

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional Bum
I received my ‘21 platinum PB with BO unleashed last week and am most impressed (especially after seeing some hating on it such as here…). I’m coming from a 2010 that had the Sony system with the 700W sub and the BO unleashed is definitely a step up with much better bass and clarity. Maybe yours isn’t installed correctly or you're streaming low quality music?

I’m no sound engineer but the first thing I did was tune my bass and treble and set it to surround (not stereo). I am getting a wide sound stage and, like I said above, am very happy with it.
you may be correct from what you came from in 2010, but I had a 17 SuperDuty Platinum with the Sony system and it was 4 times better than this one. It was tuned correctly and had better adjustments. It was a joy to listen to, this one sounds like a Hyuandai tin can.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I'm willing to agree that if $695 was applied to BETTER speakers in the front doors and A-pillars, the increase in sound quality would likely be obvious!

Instead, the $695 is spread out across a crazy array of borderline gimmick speakers all over the cabin.

You could spend $15,000 with an expert mobile sound engineer and he would soundproof the truck and probably nix the center channel, and install woofers in the front doors, mid and tweets in the a-pillar, subwoofer in the rear, and the remainder on amp(s)/proccesor.

17 speakers..... Or even 1/2 that, isn't really an SQ (sound quality) strategy. But it does wow the masses. At least in marketing materials.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
If you’re listening to Sirius, just blow your eardrums out and enjoy the silence. Sirius sounds bad to me in all cars, but worse in my F150
Sirius sounds great in my wife's Edge Titanium. Her B&O must be Unleashed because it sounds far better than my Leashed F150. I actually get stereo effects and great sound volume and quality in it. Unlike my trucks wall of monolithic sound directly in front of my face, using both surround and stereo mode.

OP
OP

dannko58

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional Bum
Sirius sounds great in my wife's Edge Titanium. Her B&O must be Unleashed because it sounds far better than my Leashed F150. I actually get stereo effects and great sound volume and quality in it. Unlike my trucks wall of monolithic sound directly in front of my face, using both surround and stereo mode.
Maybe Ford should have went with Pioneer because I can assure you it would be better if only four speakers were in the vehicle. Hmmm, Pioneer and Cerwin Vega combo, sounds more manly anyway...

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Maybe Ford should have went with Pioneer because I can assure you it would be better if only four speakers were in the vehicle. Hmmm, Pioneer and Cerwin Vega combo, sounds more manly anyway...
I love Pioneer audio, hence my loginid. They make good speakers too. I have some 6x9's installed as lid speakers on my Harley. You'd swear I had a small sub installed somewhere.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Ain't that the truth!
Although I don't care if it is Pioneer or Cerwin Vega, I still get your point.
Give me that gorgeous touch screen interface, but behind that spend the money on just plain old clean multichannel amp, and some legitimate aftermarket quality door speakers and A-pillar tweets.
The "upgrade option" would be for a legitimate entry-mid level subwoofer.

Admittedly it wouldn't allow for the CrAzY marketing lingo, but customers would be giving it great reviews to make up for that.

Sponsored

TexasTrash

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Space White V8
Occupation
Pipeline Controller
I've noticed on my B&O Leashed that Sirius sound like crap. The only way I was getting decent sound was Carplay and using Lossless music. Vocals are just not clear at all on Sirius.
My radio only sounds good through Carplay with lossless or Hi-res lossless audio, Sirius was so bad that I let the trial subscription expire, regular FM radio sounds better than that!

b4hand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost Carbonized Grey
I think the B&O Unleashed system sounds pretty good but maybe that's because I haven't heard any amazing car audio systems. It sounds good through Android Auto playing high-hi records.

OP
OP

dannko58

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Professional Bum
I've noticed on my B&O Leashed that Sirius sound like crap. The only way I was getting decent sound was Carplay and using Lossless music. Vocals are just not clear at all on Sirius.
FM usually sounds better to the ear because it's compressed and the low end really bangs out more than a wide dynamic range source. FM is like hitting the "loudness" button

TexasTrash

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Space White V8
Occupation
Pipeline Controller
Completely removed or just disconnected it?
Sponsored