First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, Powerboost, Supercrew, FX4, 502A
Occupation
Professional Bum
I am a former audio engineer and well some just don't know. Some also don't like when things they buy are talked bad about on forums like this so they defend it tooth and nail.
Sponsored

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
I have been following this thread for quite some time now waiting the arrival of my Limited. And to be honest, I’d chalked this up to most of you guys just being picky or too high of expectations. I’m coming from a 2016 Platinum with the Sony system (2014 F250 Platinum too) that has always impressed me.

The first thing I did was make some adjustments that I’ve read about here and cranked it up. Without a doubt, this system is unimpressive. I, like most here, didn’t crank my old system beyond 15. This one needs to be beyond to even compare.

I will say this, mids and highs were impressive, but bass and just overall depth of the music was lacking.

That’s my $.02.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I honestly don't think it's too bad. I cut the mids pretty far down, bass all the way up, and highs 3/4. It's definitely not super bassy, but it vibrates my rearview mirror. I just have the 8-speaker setup.

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lariat 502A FX4 5.0
After having my Lariat with the B+O for approx 10 months I'm pretty happy with it...

Thought the sound was good and more than adequate for my taste..... wasn't really prepared to argue it against any other brand.....

Just spent a week in a 2021 GMC Yukon Denali.....

well.....

I LOVE my Ford.....

What HORRIBLE sound from the Denali!! Between the vibrating speaker going nuts with any bass (was on a 7 hr drive) that was so bad I had to turn off all bass on music to get it to stop buzzing to horrible sound so bad it was like listening to a cassette in an old player.

I'm loving my Ford B+O.....(y)

Sponsored

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
On unleashed, If you turn on surround mode, move big dot in balance screen to center of rear floor (not on rear seat) and set the treble and bass about 95% and mid about 80% , it sounds pretty good for my ears using Spotify Premium on my iphone X. Some songs sound much better than others but no rattles or vibration at fairly loud volumes. And you can hear the ceiling and headrest speakers much better for an immersive experience. Try Imagine Dragons Believer and Thunder as good test songs along with Rosanna by Toto.

Spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4
So your setup was a good start for me. After many attempts I have surround on, and the dot balanced left to right (in the middle) but the front/rear sitting in the middle of the front seat headrest line. I found pushing it back further (middle of rear floor) just turned up the sound in the rear speakers and those are not quality speakers (but are any of them?!) so the quality went down.

So with dot in the middle of front headrests (horizontal line) I then turned bass down 4 notches from the middle (which is default), mids down 2 notches, and treble up one notch. With the mids turned down it's not as much hissy/muddy middles which is what was driving me nuts.

Happy to keep experimenting and looking for what is working for all you others who aren't impressed with the unleashed. It's still a good system, just not nearly as good as I was expecting/hoping.

mragadorspartacus

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 3.5EB, Guard Green two tone
Occupation
IT Director
New F150, Powerboost, Lariat 502A, FX4, supercrew, ordered the BO Unleashed, and I am trying to figure out what it's unleashing, because it's not high quality sound. It's pathetic. I am a former sound engineer and my previous Ford was a 17' Super Duty Platinum with the Sony system and it rocked, had a separate sub gain setting and I believe a more adjustable EQ. This thing blows, sure it's got 18 speakers, but lacks so much in sound. There is no kick bass and no way to adjust for it. I now wonder if the BO that comes with the 502A package was probably as good or better than this $695 option.
Any input from those with this garbage?

Can FORSCAN change anything?

Do you thing Ford can do software updates to help this poor ailing sound system out?
The "What it's unleashing" comment killed me. Hilarious.

Secondly, I will never not see foreskin when I read FORSCAN.

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I'm fine with the system as is. I don't need or want drivers 4 cars away from me to hear what I have on. I don't need to shake the truck apart with bass rattling body panels off. Listening to music at 6 (volume) is just fine for my ears that are pretty shot from being around loud noises (drag cars, drove semis, managed a shedding warehouse that shredded 80,000 lbs of paper a day) and over 70 years old.....

I do wish I could put the system in test mode to listen to all the the speakers independently.

Sponsored

EatDirtFartDust

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
I do wish I could put the system in test mode to listen to all the the speakers independently.
My dear man, you can!
When you enter bezel diagnostics it will perform a speaker walk around rest where it will play a tone from each speaker, one at a time. Albeit only momentarily.

Ford F-150 B & O UNLEASHED, but what? 7B388123-30FC-49A5-92B9-D511207439F2

powerboost

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost loaded
Occupation
retired technician
The "What it's unleashing" comment killed me. Hilarious.

Secondly, I will never not see foreskin when I read FORSCAN.
I thought I was the only one thinking foreskin...what????.........."that there is funny sh**". Now that I am old, it's progressed to marginally functioning fiveskin.

Spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4
On unleashed, If you turn on surround mode, move big dot in balance screen to center of rear floor (not on rear seat) and set the treble and bass about 95% and mid about 80% , it sounds pretty good for my ears using Spotify Premium on my iphone X. Some songs sound much better than others but no rattles or vibration at fairly loud volumes. And you can hear the ceiling and headrest speakers much better for an immersive experience. Try Imagine Dragons Believer and Thunder as good test songs along with Rosanna by Toto.
So after trying a few things I've increased my mids and moved the fade just a tough further back so I've changed closer to your set up.

Surround
Rear fade is centered and just behind the front seat backs so about 20% into the rear foot space.
Treble 90%
Mids 80%
Bass 45%

Almost the same but I find the bass set just less than half is still tight and punchy without being boomy. Just my pref.

Listening to Spotify premium with downloads set to very high quality is sounding better and better. Speakers are probably breaking in a bit too.

Listen to some Bon Iver and it brings out some good sound from this system.

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
So after trying a few things I've increased my mids and moved the fade just a tough further back so I've changed closer to your set up.

Surround
Rear fade is centered and just behind the front seat backs so about 20% into the rear foot space.
Treble 90%
Mids 80%
Bass 45%

Almost the same but I find the bass set just less than half is still tight and punchy without being boomy. Just my pref.

Listening to Spotify premium with downloads set to very high quality is sounding better and better. Speakers are probably breaking in a bit too.

Listen to some Bon Iver and it brings out some good sound from this system.
In addition
I bump the speakers balance 1 click to the passenger side..
Sounds great for me, can't say what anyone else thinks.
Don't care.
Sponsored