B&O Unleashed sounds..meh

JoeyV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 powerboost
Maybe I am just overthinking it, but just in case I will be bringing in the truck this weekend :) On the speaker test some of the speakers sounded much quieter and some were borderline off (notably speakers 6, 7 and 14)

How did you do the speaker test? My unleaded driver side head liner crackles but not the passenger side as much and I don't think I've ever heard the headrest ones
Sponsored

OP
OP
jaggah

jaggah

First Name
Joban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Powerboost
How did you do the speaker test? My unleaded driver side head liner crackles but not the passenger side as much and I don't think I've ever heard the headrest ones
Hold next track on steering and stereo at the same time.

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
gave her a good run this morning
Joan Jett banging to do you wanna touch, followed by bad reputation. at 24 on the loud knob, with hearing aid

windows up. lady in front of me at light gave me evil eyes .
it sounded very good and showed how old i have become (y)

had fade moved to just behind driver seat, surround on . treble mid and bass about 1/2

Ranger621

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 4x4
I too thought the BO unleashed stereo wasn't that great with OTA radio broadcasts and Sirius radio is really poor sounding. But when i used my Galaxy phone and Bluetooth with Amazon audio it was WAY BETTER! Donald Fagans "Night Fly" album was unbelievable!!!
High resolution streaming is the way to go with this system. I know I'm old school but I wish they still had CD players in the vehicle. I like my music load and clear and this system is a little lacking on the loudness but its OK for a stock radio. My best system was a Kenwood system back in the day in my 1988 Bronco. The best system I ever had in a vehicle.

OP
OP
jaggah

jaggah

First Name
Joban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Powerboost
I too thought the BO unleashed stereo wasn't that great with OTA radio broadcasts and Sirius radio is really poor sounding. But when i used my Galaxy phone and Bluetooth with Amazon audio it was WAY BETTER! Donald Fagans "Night Fly" album was unbelievable!!!
High resolution streaming is the way to go with this system. I know I'm old school but I wish they still had CD players in the vehicle. I like my music load and clear and this system is a little lacking on the loudness but its OK for a stock radio. My best system was a Kenwood system back in the day in my 1988 Bronco. The best system I ever had in a vehicle.
I am now using Lossless audio with Apple Music. Nothing that great I think there is something actually wrong with my system unfortunately

Sponsored

OP
OP
jaggah

jaggah

First Name
Joban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Powerboost
UPDATE: Got modules updated and bigggg difference. Sound is louder and even clearer. Headrest/headliner speakers kicking in even more! Worth the wait.

JoeyV

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 powerboost
I just want to thank everyone in here. I moved my balance to just behind center a little and put music on a usb stick and it's 10x better. I feel like I'm actually getting what I paid for kinda. I still get a crackling in the headliner speaker but it seems easy enough to replace.

Hullguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX 4
Occupation
Retired Union Electrician
I just want to thank everyone in here. I moved my balance to just behind center a little and put music on a usb stick and it's 10x better. I feel like I'm actually getting what I paid for kinda. I still get a crackling in the headliner speaker but it seems easy enough to replace.
Any crackling I have found coming from this speaker has been a lousy source issue

catfishkid1986

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1987 F150 Lariat, 2005 F150 XL, 2021 F150 PB Laria
Occupation
Material Handler
UPDATE: Got modules updated and bigggg difference. Sound is louder and even clearer. Headrest/headliner speakers kicking in even more! Worth the wait.
Can you tell me what updates they had to do? Im going to add this to the list of things for my next service visit

Gixer44

First Name
C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang GT, 2022 F-150 (ordered)
What module update did you get them to do? I'd like to get it too?!!

Sponsored

VFS

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 powerboost loaded, 2010 f150 fx4
Occupation
construction owner
the speakers are mimited power till there broken in, then the computer increases the wattage over time, why it sound like sh.. on day one and now it sound great

Jbcaindo

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB
Occupation
Power dude.
the speakers are mimited power till there broken in, then the computer increases the wattage over time, why it sound like sh.. on day one and now it sound great
You're so full of sh!t. Don't spread that kind of BS in an otherwise very informative forum.
Sponsored